Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Who is the Most Toxic/Annoying Killer to play against

If you were playing a game of Dead by daylight on console rather than pc at a high skill level let’s just say who would you think in your own opinion would be the most frustrating killer to play against.

Answers

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Freddy by far. I don't know why but I never enjoy games against him.

• RareOmen
    RareOmen Member Posts: 143

Huntress. I don't know how often "Iridescent Head" spawns in her bloodweb, but jeeze I get hit with it every time.

• obamagaming99
    obamagaming99 Member Posts: 216

Spirit. Need i explain?

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

As Iri head is the only Iridescent addon for her (with only Ebony Moris competing for that spot)... you'll probably get a lot more than you would other addons for other killers. And if they are prestiged, well, then that will be fun for you all. : D

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited April 2020

@Adhem007

A lot of players will say it's Spirit and Freddy, but they don't really go in-depth into WHY they're "annoying" to face. To some they're fun to face, to others they're not. To me, I personally face what I face and that's it, but a lot of players will speak differently about how they view Spirit and Freddy, so allow me to use some of those common points below. Keep in mind that i'm just going off of what I see about Freddy on these forums AND a bit of what I've face in-game.

The Nightmare (Freddy Krueger)

A lot of players dislike Freddy because of his default power "Dream Snares". These snares are usually difficult to face when you're on a map with a lot of smaller loops, but they're also difficult to face against because placing these snares does not tax on Freddys ability to still chase you around that loop. Your best option is to either brute force it and waste the pallet early or go to a different loop entirely (which there might be none around you).

Another reason players find Freddy "annoying" is because of his ability to apply A LOT of pressure against the last 3 Generators. You could have 3 Generators left and one is across the map, but as long as the other two are close by, than he can teleport to the farthest one with ease and walk back to the other two before they pop off. If they're all close together, than it's a death sentence.

But the most hated thing about Freddy is the "Forever Freddy" build, a common build that focuses entirely on anti-gen progression. The way this build works is it focuses on using the best add-ons like "Red Paint Brush" and "Swing Chains" to apply a big debuff to generator repair speed. The perks may vary, but most people will say that the doubled trail time because of this build is not really fun to face at all.

Is Freddy OP though? Well... being OP and being unfun to face are two totally different things. Freddy by default is actually not bad to face in my opinion, but the Forever Freddy build is WAY too much for anyone to be honest... It really just makes the entire game double in time because of it.

the spirit

As for the Spirit, at lot less people dislike her now because of her nerf. That's not to say that people like her ALL AROUND now, but the nerf definitely added some counter-play to her, an important change indeed.

Beforehand, people didn't like her because she suffered from the "unfun" side of facing a Killer. Some would argue that she suffered from both the "OP" and "Unfun" issue, but it's more-so about the issue where she had little counter-play. But since the nerf, the hate has "died down". Of course some players still don't like her because of her power, but she's at least more tolerable. I personally wasn't a fan of facing The Spirit in-game, but I got used to it in the end. I can't say the same for everyone else who still faces her, but the nerf was definitely a step in the right direction for The Killer as a whole.

Besides the past though, she's an alright Killer to face. I don't see her that much anymore since the nerf, but she's still seen a fair bit in the Red Ranks. Is she "annoying" still? To me she was difficult to get used to, but as of right now i'd say she's fine to face. Some players will disagree with me heavily (since some players still hate her with a passion), but I think it's safe to say that The Spirit is enjoyable to face with her new counters. It's still a pain that she can get around almost every loop with her power, but the nerfs made it a lot easier to counter as a whole.

ending statement

While some players hate these Killers for their own reasons, I personally don't mind facing them all that much. I'm not a fan of the Forever Freddy build at all, but their defaults are manageable. It's hard to say who's an overall "annoying killer", since that's mostly subjective right now.

Also keep in mind that most of the points I made above are from what I've seen over the past months of their post-buff (for Freddy) and post-nerf (for Spirit). I did bring up some old points for the Spirit, but I wanted to focus on the here and now for the most part. My views on these Killers might be different from the majorities views. But at the end of the day, i'm just trying to give you an answer is all ha ha.

• Steah
    Steah Member Posts: 511

I catch a LOT of flak for playing Legion

• RareOmen

I also hate clown, his exhaustion add on hurts my soul v.v

• RareOmen

Oh wow, I didn't know that was her only Iridescent. At least it gives me more opportunities to get better at dodging them.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

I don't like playing against Legion, imma be honest here.

Legion is just not a fun killer to play against because of how he works. He forces you to be put into a deep wound state and you are forced to stay there and heal.

Over, and over, and over again.

Killers like Freddy and Spirit are challenging and even more so when they really want your butt, I want killers like them who I can run around in a chase rather than a killer like Legion who'll tap me once and not chase me anymore after that.

• FireHazard

In my honest opinion, Legion gets a lot more flak than he actually deserves. I don't main The Legion, but I've played him since he's released... And let me tell ya, he's a lot more fun to face than he was before.

It wasn't because he was OP before, but the idea of mend, heal, mend, heal, was really boring to a lot of players. That still happens with the current Legion, but it's not his main option to down Survivors like it used to be. I can agree that being hit and than him leaving is boring, but it's really subjective for each person you ask (as are most things in this game).

• alullabyfortheclarks
    alullabyfortheclarks Member Posts: 47

is five blink nurse still a thing?

if so....

five blink nurse

self explanatory

• FireHazard
    edited April 2020

No it's not, The Nurse was nerfed awhile ago and this was one of the reasons she was nerfed. Her base-kit and a lot of her perks were changed as a result of the nerf, so five blink Nurse does not exist anymore.

• Fres0c0
    Fres0c0 Member Posts: 115

Did you all forget about your typical leatherface you know the ones that face camp and run noed

• angematias
    angematias Member Posts: 86

Doctor, absolutely anti stealth and only counterable by entering lockers or using a perk that is the other 99% of the time USELESS or "just dont be on the half of the map hes dominating at the moment, 4head"

• FireHazard
    edited April 2020

I rarely see basement camping Leatherfaces anymore, Purple or Red. The idea of basement camping with Leatherface has become more situational now, rather than it being a set plan.

I don't know about Green Ranks, but I personally haven't seen a basement camping insidious Leatherface in months. That doesn't mean they're not still present, but it does mean that I personally haven't seen any lately.

• Paiblin
    Paiblin Member Posts: 42

In my experience, wraith and bubba.

Wraith: for some reason I am suddenly having difficulties explaining why. But in general, I guess it's because most wraiths I've gone against have just not been good. Always camping and if not camping they've been chasing me all game (by all game I mean literally all game) in cloak which then did not give me any evader points and then causing me to depip because I couldn't do anything but get chased. And also wraith's playstyle does not match with mine, typically if I get wraith all my perks are just trumped and useless.

And bubba, we all know bubba. 9/10 bubbas I've gone against have been toxic as hell. facecamping every single survivor until they're all dead. just trolling in general etc. Though I don't mind the killer itself, his abilities are fine and don't trump my style, my problem with him is the person behind him who is usually the scum of killer dead by daylight

oh, and huntress. hitboxes always screw me over with huntress, but if that gets fixed I have absolutely nothing against her, most huntresses aren't that bad in my experience.