Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Any updates coming up that will benefit killers?

Options
illusion
illusion Member Posts: 885
edited April 2020 in Ask the Community

I know that a matchmaking fix is probably still a long way off, but i have heard talk of map changes, gen times, and other changes that are supposedly coming up. Are these in a upcoming update, or just thoughts that will happen at some point?

I ask because I have not played killer in a while (too stressful), but would like to get back into at least 50/50 play again.

Posting to a link to the info is fine, but I didn't see anything recent under announcements.

Post edited by illusion on

Best Answer

Answers

• illusion
    Options

Awesome. Thanks for that.

I haven't read through, but I skipped to the bottom to check on when it might be coming. It says that it went up on the PTB server on the 7th. Any word on how that went?

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

No problem.

As for an exact date... Some say it'll come out 2 weeks after the PTB, but that's going off of past PTB to update releases, it's not an official date. As I said before, there is no official date I can give you unfortunately. Usually when an update or a new DLC comes out, it's announced on the day it's coming out. Sometimes it's announced a day before, but I rarely see that happen now.

• illusion
    Options

Sorry, I was actually wondering about feedback from people playing on the PTB. I saw a lot of feedback during the Ruin nerf and Doctor update testing. I haven't really seen anyone talking about this update. i thought there would be more discussions going on, about how the changes were.

• batmanscar
    batmanscar Member Posts: 466
    Options

I play killer mostly , leatherface and hillbilly are good for beginners

• illusion
    Options
  • batmanscar
    batmanscar Member Posts: 466
    Options

no ? I was giving you advise on which killer to pic since you said you hav'nt played in a while and are trying to get back into the game

• illusion
    Options

Oh, I see. Sorry. :(

No, that wasn't the problem. I actually already have Bubba at 50, along with a few other killers. My problem was that after the ruin nerf you have to play so sweaty, and the terrible matchmaking that puts you up against survivors considerably more skilled than you. I don't yet have all of the meta killer perks to make up for the loss of ruin. On top of that, dealing with toxic swf groups got to be too stressful, so I just went back to playing survivor. It was really tough trying new killers then too, because you got harassed even more. Sometimes I can ignore it, but sometimes it gets to me. it just got to the point where it wasn't fun anymore.

I'm hoping the map changes and gen speed changes will help a little with this, so i was wondering about when and what changes were coming. I have also been reset a couple of times, so it seems like it might be a good time to try experimenting with new killers, before the changes kick in.

More than you ever wanted to know, I'm sure. Sorry for that too. :)

• FireHazard
    Options

I don't really know where you could go to find a discussion on it, most likely the General Discussions or a potential PTB 3.7.0 sub-forum that might be open. Either way, that's something you'll have to find on your own.

• illusion
    Options

Well, in the past I have seen it discussed here, or streamers showing off the changes on the PTB server. I have heard some streamers mention changes, but they didn't go into detail and weren't playing on the PTB. I'm just surprised there isn't so much discussion going on about it.

• FireHazard
    Options

If it's not DLC than Streamers will naturally not really pay too much attention to it. It's just a balance change, there isn't really much to talk about if you think about it.

I'm sure it'll be talked about when the update comes in, but right now it's died down because the PTB ended some time ago. That's another thing too by the way, usually when a PTB is being talked about it's done so when the PTB just launched, after a week or two it dies down until the patch comes out.

• illusion
    Options

Ah. kk. I didn't know how long it was up, or when it ended.

I guess it wasn't overly good or bad if people aren't complaining about it. :)

• FireHazard
    Options

Probably should've mentioned that... Yeah, I believe it ended on April 7th but I wouldn't take that as a fact.

And no, I guess it didn't garner much attention from either sides. I suppose it was just meh to the majority, which is good or bad depending on how you look at it. Either way, I look forward to the change of pace in-game.