Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Internet logo next to a survivor's name in post-lobby

TheVVitch
TheVVitch Member Posts: 224

I played a killer match last night where two survivors had this logo next to their name in the post-game screen. What does it mean? It looks similar to the "internet" logo.

Best Answer

Answers

• TheShocktor
    TheShocktor Member Posts: 134

@TheVVitch What platform are you on? I know pc players had been making their way into ps4 lobbies somehow as well. I saw a few videos of it and then had it happen to me personally. Had a legacy survivor, think it was a dwight, join my lobby with the globe icon and his name was just blocks.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited April 2020

He's on PC since you can't see these icons on any other version of DBD. My guess is that they either represent the Microsoft version directly OR it's supposed to represent a player that's from another version of DBD.

There's no way to know if you encounter someone from the PS4 version or not, which you shouldn't be able to play with in the first place since the console version doesn't have cross-play yet. So as a result, it's safe to assume that you most likely saw a Microsoft player.

But since you saw them with legacy skins, you could've also ran into a hacker from the Microsoft version, since only Steam players were given the Legacy skins (since that's where the game first launched back in 2016).

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 815

The symbol isn't for the minecraft store only, it will always show when you are in a lobby with players from a different Plattform. There was a bug that put PC players in PS4 lobbys:

As far as I know there where also some hackers that forced players into console lobbys:

• FireHazard

Well that's why I also said that it could also signify that it's someone from another platform as well, which would make sense since having unique icons isn't really necessary.

But it's still impossible to really know if that was a console player or a Microsoft store player unless there's something i'm missing. Regardless if you can tell or not, you still shouldn't be able to play with console players at this time UNLESS they're hacking.

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 815

Yes, I just wanted to confirm it :)

Sure, it's most likely that op is on PC and encountered someone from the Windows store but I thought the videos might be interesting because the bugs led to speculation about the Devs testing crossplay.

• FireHazard

Understandable.

We'll have to see what happens when the other platforms get cross-play. If they get it that is, BHVR has shown that they're interested in the idea but I don't want to confirm anything that I'm not 100% on. Regardless of if it happens, we'll have to see if the icons stay the same or if they change when the other platforms get cross-play. They could stay the same or the icons might change to display what platform they're from.

I personally think the latter will happen, but that's just me.