Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

To many hooks?!

Are there to may hooks? I already know the asnwer, YES THERE IS TO MANY!!!!!!

But I really genuinely wanna know what this community thinks of the hooks and there placements.

Answers

• RareOmen
    RareOmen Member Posts: 143

The amount of hooks is fine. If you feel like you're somehow always by a hook, then you can bring boil over, or any perk that obscures the killers ability to see near by hooks. Or even offerings to spread them out more.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited April 2020

@MetroSlayer_DC

There's a minimum and maximum number of hooks that spawn in each map. I did a test about this a long time ago but I can't exactly remember where the post is (I believe it's in this sub-forum).

From what I could gather, the minimum and maximum number of hooks that spawn depends on the size of the map you're in. But this isn't entirely true actually, since even The Game was able to get about 12 hooks (if my memory is correct) at one time, so it really depends on RNG for the most part. While I would love to get you the statistics I gathered for this, I can't really find it at this time. I'll look for it and reply again with the statistics for context, but at the moment you'll have to take my word for it. Also if I don't reply with it, than I couldn't find it.

Ok that's good and all, but what does this have to do with my question?

It actually means a lot to your question, since it's giving you context towards the minimum and maximum hook spawns that happen in every map. So to give you a general idea, there isn't that many hooks that spawn on average when you really think about it. You're probably more concerned about the length they're between each other, which is debatable at best if you want to get technical.

As of right now, the range between each hook is fair (in my opinion). You can mitigate this with several perks if it's an issue for you, you can also combo perks together to focus on a wiggle build too! Try something like Unbreakable, Tenacity, Flip-Flop, and a branch offering for good measure. This will give you a decent amount of time to wiggle off a Survivors arm, unless they're right next to a hook of course. It also requires you to gain progress towards your bar, since a percentage is taken from that and than gets put into your wiggle bar. Look more into the perk "Flip-Flop" to get a better understanding to what I mean.

Anyways, to keep it blunt... The hook spawns and range is fine in my opinion.

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 886

There are offerings that reduce the number of hooks and place them further away. You can also sabotage hooks. Granted, they come back, but they can also be done rather quickly these days. A teammate could sabotage a hook the killer was going for and force them to one further away. Sometimes that is enough to allow their teammate time to wiggle free.