The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Should blood lust be removed completely?

I think it should be removed completely. If people are gonna bring in looping don't bloodlust just defeats the purpose of looping. The killer is fast enough already why keep bloodlust.

I really need a good example why to keep it in.

Comments

• BabyCameron10
    BabyCameron10 Member Posts: 950

I feel like in some situations where the killer really can’t do anything is should exist but it should work like play with your food does, if you miss your swing you loose it. I rarely see the use of it, a good killer can literally counter a loop as for a newbie, they will struggle. As how maps are now, it should stay (for now).

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

I'll let you know after the next patch. LOL

• xTalon32
    xTalon32 Member Posts: 413

Agreed, right now we have to wait until after everyone has had a chance to settle into the new changes then we can see if it needs to be changed or removed.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

In the future? Absolutely, without a doubt. Once matchmaking and maps are fixed, and camping pallets is punished, bloodlust can go.

• Champagne
    Champagne Member Posts: 110

Hey a Nurse without bloodlust is no killer at all, especially with her blink charge, it lets survivors get away so without bloodlust she is screwed, don’t forget about Huntress and the slower sided killers. Maybe bloodlust should be removed on some killers?

• CLight
    CLight Member Posts: 3

You can make 3 rounds in one loop, then stun the killer with a pallet, than go to another loop, and u wanna bloodlust to be removed? KKKK

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

It should be removed after the maps are fixed but they aren't going to for some reason. They don't want skill in their "competitive" game I guess.

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927

There's no reason to remove it. If you loop a killer long enough for them to get bloodlust, you've already wasted a bunch of their time. If they make it to t3, that's long enough for 2 people to complete a generator from 0.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Camping pallets punishes itself? Since you're wasting pallets basically and giving the killer the opportunity to create a massive deadzone?

• USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151

Because some loops are literally infinite right now and if the killer don't speed up the game will end on that loop. Also there is nurse if she use no blink

• MadLordJack

That is completely untrue. The best teams just play ultra safe and don't give you a chance to hit them while their buddies hammer out generators and, as a killer, you really don't have a game to play because there is no punishment for being forced to eat 16 pallets. The whole thing becomes Pallet Sim 2020.

Although I rarely get forced to eat all 16 pallets, usually its about 10 because 7-8 minute average game times. Who gives a shite about deadzones when the game is literally in EGC.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

if you increase all the killers basekit speed you can get rid of bloodlust... sure.

Otherwise nah.

• Champagne
    Champagne Member Posts: 110

Nope😊 maybe actually try her and go against a bunch of red rank swf. Then judge me after.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,366

She can travel through solid objects, if you're getting bloodlust with Nurse you must be awful with her

• KnotEnthusiast
    KnotEnthusiast Member Posts: 464

Bloodlust as a concept, until maps are "perfected", will always be needed. However Bloodlust 2 and 3, which grant frankly ridiculous speeds to killers solely for just doing their jobs poorly, IMO should eventually be removed. It's incredibly irritating to go down to a player who just respects every pallet and refuses to kick it, instead bloodlusting around it until they're so fast that you physically cannot get away. They'll lose the game, sure, but you as the survivor were put into a literally unwinnable situation based off of a bad mechanic. Bloodlust is a necessary mechanic because of strong windows and poor map design. Bloodlust 2 and 3 are just crutches.

• KnotEnthusiast
    KnotEnthusiast Member Posts: 464

Bloodlust timer resets on blinking. If you get bloodlust as Nurse, you're choosing to chase survivors as a 98% movespeed killer rather than blink, which is hilariously stupid.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

I think it should only work on weaker killers like clown but yea, if maps are really getting more balanced, Blood Lust isn't needed. But better to wait and see the reworks before asking for its removal.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Just as @DawnMad said, survivors are meant to go down. If you expect something different, then all of your games must suck unless you go against incredibly bad killers. And I expect that most survivors currently expect to easily escape regarding all the complaints about how killer sided the recent patches have been (and what you get called a tunneler for)

• Poweas
    edited April 2020

No, the worst teams camp pallets. Looping wastes far more time than camping pallets. Enduring, Spirit Fury, Brutal strength literally punish camping pallets. And the deadzones in Endgame Collapse are terrible for a team if the killer has NOED. I'm pretty sure you're one of the only people who thinks it's broken.

Camping pallets literally punishes itself if the killer runs perks to punish, or heck, even if the killer is smart enough to push people into deadzones. Billy, Mike and Oni would love pallet campers... I don't know what you're on about.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    edited April 2020

Bloodlust 2 and 3 are completely outdated with the next patch.

Also, you shouldn't be able to build bloodlust if you initiate your power to any degree (touch m2 or ctrl, depending on the killer), because a killer's power is meant to end chases, just like bloodlust. You either use your power OR you use bloodlust to end chases, but it makes no sense to be able to get both together as in 'I messed up but it doesn't matter because I get bloodlust anyway'. Ending chases means to score a hit, just to be clear, in line with the in-game definition.

Lastly, it's also questionable to be able to build bloodlust when you already possess the haste effect from other sources (example, PWYF tokens).

• badaB00M3R
    badaB00M3R Member Posts: 80

Sure... as soon as they truly randomize the maps and force everyone to think on their feet.

• MadLordJack

I see you mistake skillful play for efficient play. Nothing is worse than a five-minute match of eating pallets. And like it or not, that's what most rank 1 sweaty swfs are all about. Maybe, MAYBE they might go for a single loop around a jungle gym. Maybe. Mostly they only loop god windows in my experience.

The problem with your line of reasoning is that you assume people stick around these deadzones. What happens if they don't? What happens if they don't care and let a teammate martyr themselves in emdgame? There is no skill to this style of play, no real conterplay, and unfortunately often no punishment. Creating deadzones may sound like a big deal, but when there's no reason to be there then it's really not. Who cares that you zone someone a little, they still have time to reach another pallet and slam it in your face in the significant majority of situations. These sort of chases simply take too damn long and don't get punished because YOU get punished for continuing it (their team does gens) or dropping it (you literally trade 1 pallet camper for another and then the gen pops and it's off to another section of the map). Down someone and hook them in a deadzone? Dude, theres now only 2 gens left and they are on the other side of the damn map, full of pallets. You now have 2 options: camp for the kill and let everyone leave, or go eat more pallets.

And I would remind you that the power of an instadown killer is that you can down them BEFORE they get to safety. Every single killer in the game excells in deadzones, it's basically an open field. Just not one with survivors in it because they all rushed the gens and left. There is no right answer to pallet camping if the survivors understand the basics of teamwork and do their damn objective. And the objective isn't the problem, it's the way they can buy time to complete it.

• FixDBDPls
    FixDBDPls Member Posts: 87
    edited April 2020

A good reason to keep the bloodlust in the game is to annoy people like you who ask stupid questions like this one right here. The killer needs to smell your blood in order to get more powers for the chase, didnt you play the tutorial LOL? They want your strong virgin oil so they can use it to cook you well

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Yes, one if the biggest crutch mechanics with kobe

• Poweas

Ok, I don't agree with a single thing you said at all. Let's agree to disagree that camping pallets needs to be fixed. Since I really can't agree with your line of reasoning, I can see why it'd be annoying, but definitely not broken.

• Schmierbach
    Schmierbach Member Posts: 468

Bloodlust should be relegated to a killer perk instead of baseline at some point yes. The problems with looping need to be fully addressed AND extensively tested before doing so though.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

Pallets and windows dont really matter tho. STRONG pallets and windows matter. You can add 20 okay pallets to Backwater Swamp and have the same outcome.

Bloodlust is meant to counter strong loops. But bloodlust shouldnt happen in deadzones. Since the strongest loops are getting destroyed, there would only be mindgame and skill based loops. Loops that can be countered by mindgaming without needing bloodlust.

• Predated

Going down and getting bloodlust are different things tho. I have matches where I never get any bloodlust at all, bloodlust isnt needed to down survivors. The only reason bloodlust still has a place, is because of godloops, because godloops dont require skill or mindgames, just mindlessly going from A to B untill the killer gets bloodlust 2, and bloodlust 2 alone is enough to utterly destroy a godloop.

With all the godloops being taken away, bloodlust lost its place.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Why is it so bad that killers get tools that down you after a decent time? Do you really think "Damn, I could have looped another 5 minutes without that goddarn bloodlust" or rather "Wow, I forced him into bloodlust 2 to get me, yay. That was a 2 genny run"? This is the kind of entitlement that controls the whole community. What is the problem to know "He found me, I'm going down"?

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

But they do matter, because for pallets you can still hit the.killed out of bloodlust, heck with certain small loops you can loop the killer almost indefinitely without it being a "godloop" and windows still can be fastvaulted and you are gone, not to mention deadhards and sprintbursts (though sprint burst would be you switching targets to the person who just bursted)

• Predated

Again: the 5 minute loop on a single structure shouldnt really exist unless you're really good at mindgaming and the killer is being oblivious. All I'm saying is that adding more decent or relatively unsafe pallets to the game, to compensate the removal of bloodlust, allows you to remove 99% of the BS deadzones you encounter as a survivor, and allow for a very small tile that allows a mindgame and buys you up to 30 seconds extra time instead of being downed in a deadzone. The only killer that benefits a lot from bloodlust is huntress.

So the proposition is simple:

1. add unsafe pallets(1 car, 3 barrels, 1 pallet) and make them more prevalent.
    2. remove bloodlust.
    3. have 1 super strong pallet in the game, outside the killershack pallet.

Hell, you could even have double or even triple pallets in a region, that together are extremely strong, but break 1 of them as a killer and they end up being weak.

• Predated

Not really, a decent killer will know how to deal with weak pallets and will actually leave them dropped, as they can lunge faster around the structure than a survivor can vault it. Meaning you have a guaranteed hit if the survivor uses the pallet.

And yeah, some people can loop a killer practically indefinitely on a weak pallet, but those people can loop a killer pretty much anywhere.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

Remove looplust first.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

Im sure at some point in the future DBD could live without Bloodlust, but right now where maps still have massive infinites even after a lot were removed and survivors having so many second chance perks, it would be way too unfair for killers too not have something to catch up too survivors.

• Predated

You do realize the "massive" infinites have just been broken right? And the fact that breakable walls are gonna be added in other maps.

Second chance perks are a myth, they are easily baitable.

As for catching up to survivors, well, survivors only have windows and pallets, base mechanic wise. All other killers:

Trapper has traps, Wraith is super fast when cloaked, Billy has a super sprint and a relatively quick way to destroy pallets, Nurse has teleports, Huntress has hatchets, Myers has stalking and faster vault speeds, Hag has portal traps, Doctor has his shocks to prevent anything except exhaustion perks, Bubba has a relatively quick way to destroy pallets and on most loops, his crazed boost is fast enough to catch up, Freddy has fake pallets or slows, Pig has an ambush, Clown has a massive slow, Spirit has her phasing, Legion has his feral frenzy to force people to mend, while also being able to vault faster than survivors, Plague has her infection to perma injure survivors to reduce average chase time, Ghostface has instadowns(let alone that both ghostface and pig can silently crouch to a survivor and grab them off gens without them even knowing), Demogorgon has his dash, Oni has practically the same power as Billy, except he has more general control on his instadown, Deathslinger has his pull.

When playing killer(Im a survivor main), I've never gotten a hit thanks to bloodlust, I've always gained bloodlust after the hit(which, actually would be a nice way to rework bloodlust, getting bloodlust everytime you hit someone).

• xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx
    xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx Member Posts: 441

Remove the one thing that prevents 3 minute chases and infinates. Even though it's seen a major nerf

• MetroSlayer_DC
    MetroSlayer_DC Member Posts: 16

@Predated The only man in this site to speak the truth.

Survivors mains like us really know how bad they pandered to killers.

• Predated

Well, there have been a lot of survivor sided things that have been pandered to aswell. But killer mains are too blind to see both sides.

I really liked the breakable walls being added and cant wait for them to be added to other maps(perhaps on godloops where they now simply put holes) and I'm hoping the next killer gets a perk that allows him to instabreak a breakable wall while exposing anyone on the recieving end. It's a balanced killer sided update. But a lot of killer mains wont be happy untill their average game has a 4k. Which is simply unbalanced AF. My average game has 3,5k because I havent played killer much to rank up, so I'm facing survivors that are far below my killer capacity, even when I'm just screwing around. But when im in redranks, my average killrate tends to be about 2k. Anyone thinking a 0k game isnt acceptable, should also be accepting that 0 survivors escaping isnt acceptable. Yet they want a 4k to be acceptable but a 4 man escape to be impossible.

Killer mains are entitled as #########. Yes, there are entitled survivors, but they are in a minority.

• emptyCups

Why do people want scooby doo chases with the killer ?

30-45 seconds long for bloodlust yeah the chase should end there. If not it has the potential to go on a lot longer can you imagine a 3-5minute chase ? Who would play running simulator really ? That sounds awful.

Surviors shouldn't be that strong.

• Dzeikor
    Dzeikor Member Posts: 704
    edited May 2020

of course not,bloodlust is a mechanic that makes the game more interesting and intense,imagine the game without bloodlust..boredom

not to mention there are some perks that work based on bloodlust

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

So you're saying even a 0 hour killer should be able to catch a 5000 hours elite survivor? No, just no.

DBD is a PVP game. All outcomes of a match should be the result of strategies, skills and experience - and NOT a blunt matter of what icon you clicked on at the main screen.

• emptyCups

A 0 hour killer vs a 5000 hour survivor

that Shouldn't be possible first off

And second if after 5000 hours you can't beat a killer on his first day its u that has the problem lol.

Throw a pallet down and he looses bloodlust completely.

Get a stun or break his line of site and he never even gets it. If you don't make him loose you u are the one thats bad.

All your asking for is to be able to outrun a monster not outplay him.

And for outrunning ? No you shouldn't beat him in a sprint.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

You literally said chases should end after 30 to 45 seconds without naming variables such as skill, experience and strategies. That's why I came up with the 0 hours vs 5000 hours sample.

At the end of the day the devs decide how many survivors die using map designs. If they removed all pallets, windows and line of sight blockers (imagine an empty room with survivors in it and a killer) every survivor would die to a new killer (to name a sample). Would the game be balanced and skill based at that point?

That's why I'm not agreeing with any sort of blunt statement that includes fixed numbers when it comes to chases.

Chase should be a matter of skill. If you chase someone for minutes that's most definitely on you. Besides that's where the term strategy comes into play. If someone is clearly better than you - why chase them for minutes instead of switching targets like any good killer? Ego?

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

A lot of y'all can't see the handwriting on the wall. Looping was never intended to be a thing, and to help deal with it, bloodlust was added. If they get rid of bloodlust, than that pretty much means that survivor's can't loop.