The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Should blood lust be removed completely?

2ยป

Comments

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Bloodlust was back then introduced as a band-aid fix for infinite looping.

• mylesmylo
    mylesmylo Member Posts: 354

๐Ÿ˜‚ your funny

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

The only way to get bloodlust at all is an unobstructed uninterrupted sprint with clear line of sight.

Throwing down a single pallet kills it.

If bloodlust has activated at all it means the survivor has no skill.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Your bias is pretty clear at this point.

Quote: "If bloodlust has activated at all it means the survivor has no skill"

Bloodlust activates after 15 seconds.

Try to lose me or any other red rank killer in the world in 15 seconds.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    edited May 2020

Bloodlust doesn't require constant LoS, it increases as long as one is in chase, even if LoS is temporarily broken.

Throwing down a pallet doesn't reset bloodlust.

If bloodlust activates it means that the survivor does have some skill, otherwise they would have been hit in under 15 seconds.

Everything you just said was incorrect. I suggest you educate yourself instead of spreading misinformation.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

Wow, i know survivors wanna claim killer bias but this is insane. Killers and survivors have both had a lot of changes, the problem here is that while looping is a mechanic and fair to do, bloodlust should also be in there to add a bit of urgency to losing the killer. Even with the changes to the maps it is still an important aspect.

• Yamaoka

Originally bloodlust was added to counter INFINITE looping. However entity blockers were added, some strong windows were completely removed, strong structures got doors next to windows now, some strong pallets were completely removed etc. so at some point people will have to say good bye to the outdated bloodlust mechanic and catch survivors the legit way using their powers as intended.

Personally I think bloodlust is also unhealthy for the game psychologically as it makes bad killers think it will make short work of that one survivor that simply outperforms them leading to even longer chases. After the excessive chase killers usually just facecamp out of frustration.

Without bloodlust killers would quickly learn to not over-commit to chases and switch targets.

• DwightOP

That's wrong. Looping was not the reason for bloodlust but infinites and extremely strong loops. Devs being lazy to rework maps was the actual reasoning you think about it

• Kees_T
    Kees_T Member Posts: 811

A survivor shouldn't be able to loop the Killer forever, like a guy said above, its how much he can survive in a chase and not how much he can loop. If you having problems with bloodlust gamers stop being greedy and drop the pallets.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

Absoluetly at SOME point it needs to be removed, but while chases CAN last 3-5 minutes it needs to be a thing. Switching targets is important but how many times can you flat out ignore someone before you fall behind because you Had to drop the chase.

• Yamaoka

That's the thing that makes games intense for me, though. Making decisions such as "should I commit to this survivor going to this structure" or "should I drop chase now for that guy on the near-by gen" or "oh damn the survivor mindgamed me and gained too much distance to make the chase worth it" etc.

I don't want killer gameplay to become completely brainless to the point where you KNOW FOR CERTAIN that everyone will die when you see them no matter where they are or how good they are etc.

Getting a 4k should feel like an accomplishment rather than a habit.

Anyways I guess we can both agree that bloodlust is fine at this point but needs to go at some point. That "point" will probably be when all remaining maps have been reworked allowing for actual fair plays.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

What do you mean "camping pallets"? Do you honestly think survivors should just drop a pallet and run to the next just to immediately drop it? There's very few safe pallets and the rest are mostly big-brainable so break the safe pallets, game the next one, it's not hard.

• Seanzu

A 4% chance 3x is not even close to being in line with something you can force to activate.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

A: some maps do still have infinites, like Lery's. B: Breakable walls are only in one map, just because they are going to be in other maps doesn't mean they are. C: Just because killers have powers doesn't mean they can all stop chases. Trappers power only stop chases if the survivor is running into a trap, Michael can only stop chases if he's in tier 3 for insta downs, Legion's power almost works against them at this point, and so one and so one. D: Second chance perks aren't a myth, don't be ignorant lol. DS is the most heavily contested one of them all. Dead hard, though easily baited, can still extend chases when used right. Unbreakable is amazing when paired with DS, etc.

As I said, in the future when the game is more balanced I could see the game without bloodlust, but at the moment it's kinda needed because of the reasons I stated.

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522

By the time Bloodlust is making a difference, you've already basically won the match by keeping the killer running in circles that long.

What are people doing with all that time?

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

Whatever the reasoning is for Bloodlust, but doesn't removing bloodlust legit mean that looping isn't a thing anymore? I see it that way because some loops are so safe and unmindgameable that killer's have no choice but to bloodlust the loop and make it unloopable, and if they remove bloodlust than doesn't that mean that looping is useless? I'm trying to look at from a survivor POV and I can't see it any other way.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

And yet half the teams I go against just insist on dropping every single pallet quick as they can. Maybe they'll go for a single loop once in a blue moon, but generally speaking it's hard to mindgame a pallet that no-one is at any more because they got the stun thanks to dedicated servers. And it works, because gens get done because you have no map pressure. Drop the chase? They go do gens. Break the pallet? You're wasting time. Who cares if every pallet gets thrown in a 5 minute chase if you don't have time to punish it.

• DwightOP

What's the definition of crutch? Handholds for free. Kobe is handholding and bloodlust is handholding. Simple.

• Seanzu

Kobe you literally give up time on the hook and possibly put yourself into death hook, it's hardly free.

• DwightOP

All 4 are slugged. What do you have to lose? Nothing. But oh boy 1 kobe can reset the whole match. If that's not a bug handhold idk what else is.

• Seanzu
    edited May 2020

If it's the last thing you can do it's hardly a crutch additionally, it can only happen once, you can't kobe twice so how does it hand hold you? you act like you can attempt it every time you're on the hook, and if you're losing games that you've slugged 4 people in due to one kobe then ohhhh boy that 4-man slug was just as lucky as the kobe was.

• Axx
    Axx Member Posts: 392

Anyone that plays DBD a at decent skill level knows why Bloodlust is needed. I suggest you spend some time playing killer so you can see why it is in the game.

• DwightOP

Oh resetting a lost match by rng is not a crutch? Alright bud time to sleep.

• Seanzu

It doesn't reset squat, they didn't gain anything by being on the floor, they didn't magically activate it, it wasn't something they knew would happen, you're simply a bad killer if one kobe resets the match for you.

• DwightOP

Whatever you want believe, discussing with you seems pointless. Might be better to ignore you in the future lol

• Seanzu
    edited May 2020

Lol, sorry that I don't subscribe to your "this random thing that has a tiny chance of happening that rarely actually happens is a crutch", especially when you're comparing it to bloodlust which happens in every match especially if the killer wants it to.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Bloodlust was a mechanic in the game to balance out bad map design, but now that the developers reworked the most problematic maps. I believe Bloodlust deserves to go because most tiles offer fair mindgames to both roles โ€” keeping Bloodlust makes all mindgames killer favorable. ๐Ÿ˜•

I strongly disagree the developers stance on Bloodlust because every 15 seconds, if the killer chooses to ignore pallets, you will take a hit without skill input from the killer.

• Seanzu

and in all honesty, I think we can all agree that 95% of the time blood lust is activated is not to counter strong windows, it's just used on pallets that killers should be breaking but don't want to.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Which is exactly why I hardly ever play Dead by Daylight, killers can just ignore mindgames with Bloodlust and nullify my experience. ๐Ÿ˜•

Sorry if this sounds like a rant, but imagine survivors got Bloodlust after not completing a generator within two minutes. Gives them a free 15% repair bonus until they complete a generator... :(

• Jordan_131201
    Jordan_131201 Member Posts: 91

If there was a way to draw a line between experienced players and unexperienced players then I would remove bloodlust for the experienced players. A lot of new players may play a killer such as huntress or hag and not really understand their powers, or not be very good at it, therefore may rely on bloodlust to catch up to them. However with more experienced players, bloodlust is now unnecessary. But there is no line that we can draw to separate the two

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

Lets see...Looping? As its an exploit that was unintended but the devs decided to keep it because...they favor survivors? Really they could remove bloodlust if they would revert survivor hitboxes back to the same size as killer hitboxes, but for some reason refuse to do it. Oh right, because they favor survivors.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

A: Leri's whole Schtick is the windows, but they are all mindgame-able, so even though its technically an infinite, there is no infinite route.

B: "just because they are going to be in other maps doesn't mean they are" What? Because they are going to be added they arent going to be added? Doesnt make any sense. And yes, they are going to be implemented. Possibly where currently walls are removed from godloops. So that the godloop initially exists, but can be broken.

C: yes, they can. Trapper is all about trapping a place and pushing survivors in that direction. A good trapper wont be in a chase for long. Especially if you early set up for a 3-gen. Myers can only really hit in t3, but you're ignoring the fact that he can vault faster than other killers, allowing him to vault-mindgame a lot more effectively than other killers. Legions power can easily be used to gapclose and bodyblock. If you vault a pallet and then bodyblock the pallet while hitting the survivor, the survivor is forced to run away from that loop. So no, your point is moot.

D: Yes they are:

DS doesnt work unless you pick a survivor up within 60 seconds of unhooking, this can easily be avoided, by simply ignoring them for 60 seconds. It's only strong during the EGC when you down them in front of the exit gate, but that is because the exit gate is simply overpowered, not because of DS.

Dead hard can extend chases when used right, but so can head-on, flashlights, 99% sprintburst, balanced landing, lithe, quick&quiet, Dance With Me, Pallets, Windows, Self-Care(even though self-care is one of the shittiest survivor perks atm), For The People, Alert, Urban Evasion, Diversion, Hope, Mettle of Man, Windows of Oppertunity, Small Game(vs trapper and hag), Iron Will and even Lightweight can even do that when used right. Sure, using deadhard for a pallet vault can buy someone a lot of time, but many, MANY perks can buy you time. Yet none of those are something you consider second chance. Dead Hard allows you to force a killer to miss when otherwise he would hit. Congratulations, you just described doing a 360.

Unbreakable is strong with DS, yes. Just as Quick&Quiet is strong with Lithe and/or Dance With Me. Other than that? Again, that combo doesnt work if you ignore them for 60 seconds. If you had a 40 second chase and tunneled them, then you can simply leave because it takes 30 seconds to pick yourself up with unbreakable, and a slugged survivor cant do ######### otherwise.

Basically this argument is "I cant bruteforce my way through these perks, so they shouldnt exist". This game isnt just mindlessly hitting survivors, you have to consider some things. If you can slug someone early game and they are forced to use unbreakable early game, great, then they cant use it later. I've only been hit with a DS once in my entire killer career, because I was in a 2v1 and the exit gate was opened nearby. I literally had no choice. Did he deserve the escape? Yes. I would have gotten a 4k if his friend didnt go for the hooksafe, and he knew that, so he risked his own life to ensure an escape.

I didnt mention Adrenaline? Well, if you want that gone, then NOED needs to go too. Adrenaline only works when all 5 gens are finished. Survivors cant pull off the Adrenaline heal+sprint unless they finish 5 full gens. Just like NOED grants the instadown+haste bonus after all 5 gens are done. The only difference is that NOED can be prevented by doing totems, but that costs a lot of time, time that's wasted if there is no noed and could cost survivors the game. Yet NOED isnt a second chance perk. Even though a terrible survivor with adrenaline tends to die before the 5th gen is finished while a terrible killer with NOED can pull a 2k out of his ass by simply using NOED.

As for BT, it literally only works if survivors are inside your terror radius. If you for some reason have a massive terror radius, then yeah, other than that, simply dont camp a hook and BT will never work.

• domai36
    domai36 Member Posts: 89

I don't think survivors are bound to be caught, otherwise the game wouldn't be too fun as a survivor. I do however agree that if a killer manages to keep up a chase that long, a hit should be assured.