Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

New perk idea

Karaage
Karaage Member Posts: 340

Hey there, quick question.

I'm currently creating 3 perks for a fan-made survivor, and got no idea for last perk. Care to give me some hints or preferences on what mechanic should the last perk have or alter? No need for details, that's my job, just say things like: I wanna hide better/be better in chases/save others better etc.

Best Answers

Answers

• Karaage
    Karaage Member Posts: 340

@Keezo

Hmm... we just got Red Herring so another Diversion-like perk may be overkill, but I decided to take it. It's better than the other idea I had of creating brand new pallets by survivors, at least balance wise.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

It's a decent perk to use, but it's mostly for stealth hardcore stealth builds since you need to stealth over to a locker for it to work. But that's only if the Killer is nearby, it's actually good for a 3 gen scenario as well when you think about it.

If you're in a 3 gen scenario and you work on one Generator for a few seconds, than you can hide in a locker after The Killer leaves and have them gain a notification for that Generator you marked. They waste time searching around it, which gives you and your other teammates some time to work on the other two Generators. So for the most part, Red Herring is mostly a scenario specific perk for the most part. Not entirely of course, but for certain scenarios it really shines the most.

• gamemaster1
    gamemaster1 Member Posts: 64
    edited April 2020

Mechanical Mind: Whenever you escape the killer safely a token is used, it can have up to four tokens, the tokens can be taken away by the killer knocking you down, the tokens can be recharged though, it takes 100 seconds for 1 token to recharge and the tokens can stack. Each token you get gives you a speed boost on you fixing your gen, it gives you a 5% boost each time and can come in handy. It is like a chance, if you want to get the extra boost you can, but you have the risk of dyeing. You can also get a token to activate by doing a safe unhook. You an only have four tokens activated at a time