Balance idea.. Tweak unbreakable, buff no mither..

So unbreakable is arguably one of the strongest perk in the game, especially combined with ds...in b4 don't tunnel or slug don't make a counter argument, since in the end game or certain situation you are forced to slug, and the combo itself doesn't have much counterplay.. unbreakable also lead to stupid play, as grouping up, being cocky with ds, play too unsafe and removes a good portion of killer pressure.. i know it's a one time use, but it's still strong, probably game breaking when a full team of good survivors are running it.. killer have to slug with the current meta but just one perk, deals with that... so should survivors feel helpless with no counter about slugging? absolutely not.. but unbreakable has zero downside.. my idea so do you want to fully recover by yourself? run no mither... but we know the current one has too many downside, so my idea is to tweak unbreakable and buff no mither.. so you need a combo to make the full use out of it, maybe even stronger but actually balanced...

*unbreakable, you recover 70% faster while in dying state, but you can't fully recover.

No mither* you gain the broken status effect for the entire game, but you don't leave pools of blood or scratchmarks, grunts of pain are reduced by 75%, you recover from exhaustion 50% faster, grants the ability to fully recover from dying state..

So this in my opinion makes no mither viable, and there are so many fun and strong combos you can make out of it..

Comments

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192
    edited April 2020

It allows you to get up only once, after that it's just a quick recover time perk. It's not OP. Especially since most slugging is done to use the survivor as bait, 60% of the time i see it used, the survivor is either slapped back down again 2 seconds later, or it's used to recover a 3 man slug. If it allowed you to get up multiple times I might see your point, but it's once. I also very rarely see the perk used by more than one team mate in most games.

Doesn't need a nerf.

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829

Buff both of them tbh.

• Speavy
    Speavy Member Posts: 58

No mither needs a rework because its too useless atm i agree, unbreable doesnt need any kind of work, its DS that needs to go, or rather just make DS disable every other perk you have as long as its active.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,147

Unbreakable is a one time perk. If a survivor uses it early due to not getting pick up it become useless after that.

• Mikey4Hire
    Mikey4Hire Member Posts: 271

Not really, all you have to do is not go after them and go after the unhooker instead.

• GhostofYharnam
    GhostofYharnam Member Posts: 597

Unbreakable ia Fine. No Mither shouldn't acrivate til you've been injured.

• Exor
    Exor Member Posts: 256
    edited April 2020

IMO Unbreakable is fine the way it is, the only problem I have with it, is that it counters the counter to DS, while its counter gets countered by DS so it turns into a lose/lose scenario. Though Peanits said they want to remove DS synergy with Objective Progression (or atleast he would like it), so after that it should be fine, if it happens.

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829

I swear its like killers don't ever touch the survivor role either.

• oh_0k
    oh_0k Member Posts: 712

Survivors man

"Just slug to avoid ds"

"Just pick them up to avoid Unbreakable"

• OperationMintyHippo
    OperationMintyHippo Member Posts: 406
    edited April 2020

"Unbreakable has zero downside"

Except when a killer doesn't slug you and you play a game with only 3 perks. And like you said, it can only be used once when it can be used.

• Dwigtht
    Dwigtht Member Posts: 462

Unfortunately no mither reveals itself to the killer as a "broken" icon, so as a Killer I know I have 

to hook a person with no mither ASAP. Would be great if a person with no mither would show healt icon as "healthy" to killer, 

to confuse killer and them explore if I have this perk or not.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I don't really have a problem with the spot Unbreakable is in. No Mither, I agree, needs some work but 50% faster Exhaustion is asking for trouble.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    edited April 2020

I'd like to see Unbreakables recovery speed slightly reduced if DS is to stay the way it currently is. The DS-Unbreakable combo is nasty.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    edited April 2020

Personally I just think that DS already is so strong that eliminating the only counter play it currently has right now is a bit rough. I just wish bad perks were buffed for survivors so there was more variety than the perks right now. I don't blame survivors for running their strongest stuff because the rest of the perks are garbage.

• lunaticlifter
    lunaticlifter Member Posts: 426
    edited April 2020

I appreciate the feedbacks, i know 50 % recover from exausthion may be too strong but i really don't know how to make no mither useful.. as unbreakable.. i play both sides, you can't really argue how broken ds + unbreakable combo is, and by game breaking, i meant 4 good survivors who run it..i don't care as long it is 1..

• Mikey4Hire

Why not pick them up to get rid of ds so you don't have to deal with it later.

Killers man

Complains about ds and unbreakable being too op

Continues slugging and tunnelling the unhooked survivor.

• Mikey4Hire

Sometimes you need to suck it up and accept the lose of a kill then

I play killer a lot actually, rank 4-1 on both roles each season.

Ds + unbreakable isn't as frequent as you think it is.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Leaving no scratch marks with No Mither would definitely be OP.

• oh_0k

Man Im always tired of survivor mains thinking they know everything about killer always saying stuff like "slug to avoid ds" and then immediately contradicting themselves. They also always say "go after the unhooker" as if it's a good idea to go chase the fully healthy person vs the injured person

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

Unbreakable is fine, it just needs to not work so damn well with DS. They have WAY too much synergy, they give 1 minute of literal invulnerability. A simple buff for No Mither is to make it so that it's not a giant neon sign saying "kill me first". Change the permanent Broken effect to a permanent Exposed effect, that way it's not noticable at the start of the match, and only Killers that are paying attention will notice that they have No Mither. As an added bonus, No Mither will no longer end up being a 5th perk for Oni, and other survivors can get points for healing the No Mither person.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Yea 13 seconds shaved off is a bit much...I could see 20-25% being reasonable though

• Waffleyumboy

It is a good idea if the injured guy has a 5 second stun in his pocket

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Yes, I think that sounds reasonable. In return for being injured all game, you get to have more 2nd chances. I would like that change.

• oh_0k

Which is a good idea? slugging the injured person and chasing other people to make sure theres 2 less person doing gens or chasing a healthy person and let everybody do gens and heal

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

Just make Unbreakable decrease your recovery speed instead of increasing it, and give the speed bonus to No Mither instead. That way there's a trade-off for being able to pick yourself up and Killers might be able to avoid DS.

• alphralphralphr
    alphralphralphr Member Posts: 36

I don't play red ranks, so I'm not going to touch the unbreakable/ds argument. I'm definitely not qualified to speak there. I do like to mess around with weird builds though, and I hate the place No Mither is in.

Regarding No Mither though, Dwigtht is right here, I really hate running No Mither because they can immediately tell I'm running it.

Perhaps if prior to your first hit, you -look- healthy (but you aren't, you still get downed in one hit) it would be a lot more fun to run.

And all of the bonuses in the second post is -way- too much coupled with Resilience for sure. Scratch marks are pretty crucial for killers. I really like the idea of exhaustion recovering faster, but maybe not 50% faster, that seems like a lot. Balanced landing loops could get -wild-. It would be really hard to balance. Maybe instead exhaustion perks get slight bonuses? Like, Sprint Burst/Lithe/Balanced Landing speed stays active for an extra half second, Head On activates a little quicker (3 seconds feels pretty long as it is), Dead Hard strafes a little farther.

• Waffleyumboy

depends...slugging can sometimes not be worth it if the survivors coordinate well.

• Androuruguayo99
    Androuruguayo99 Member Posts: 55

So can you repair in front of me and I can't do anything? 60s untouchable doesn't seem fair to me

Ds: just slug

Unbreakable: do not slug boy

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293
    edited April 2020

I'll say this once I'll say it again nerf ds so you can't recover it'll make slugging more effective and actually put pressure on survivors and slow the game down because they'll actually need to heal the other person instead on a quick tap and will stop unbreakable/decisive combo

• Mikey4Hire

Or you can just eat ds and tunnel them to your hearts content next hook?

• Zydto
    Zydto Member Posts: 34

I outplay unbreakable by not slugging, and trying to not tunnel within at least that one minute timer. Unbreakable is a perk, i do not see happen very much in my games, even though at least one survivor always takes it with them in my games.

• lunaticlifter
    lunaticlifter Member Posts: 426

@Zydto i can tell you, you never played against good teams.. if you don't slug, and you win, you are either playing against potatoes or ending chases in 20 seconds.. but we know most of the people in red ranks suck