If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Survivor Perks list : Buff / balanced / nerf

Options
OxyReap
OxyReap Member Posts: 90
edited June 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

Hello ppl. We made a list as three of perks who need to be buffed, nerfed, or good.
This is our opinion build in 2 hours and half of speak. This is not a tiers list. You can give your opinion and upvote or downvote for comment you like, and i will edit the list. If you want to debate how you want to rework, go here : http://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/268/perk-buff-nerf-list#latest

This list is not an order to the devs, but for give them a idea of what we all think. They still have right to do whatever they want of their game.

Enough speaking, there is the list :

Buff needed :
Ace in the hole
Alert
Calm Spirit
Dark Sense
Déjà Vu
Detective's Hunch
Left Behind
Lightweight
No Mither
No One Left Behind
Open Handed
Prove Thyself
Saboteur
Slippery Meat
This Is Not Happening
Technician
Tenacity
We're Gonna Live Forever
Botany Knowledge
Wake up !

Nerf needed :
Decisive Strike (Need a rework)
Self-Care (Maybe put a slow scaling more it is used, or make it a basic gameplay)
Sprint Burst (More change than nerf, acceleration can be good)

Balanced :
Adrenaline (Just remove the insta heal after unhook ?)
Balanced landing
Bond
Borrowed Time (Maybe put a limit)
Dead Hard
Empathy (Improve early tiers)
Hope
Iron Will (Improve early tiers)
Kindred (Little buff)
Leader
Lithe
Object of Obsession
Pharmacy
Plunderer's Instinct
Premonition
Quick & Quiet
Resilience
Small Game (little buff)
Spine Chill
Stake Out
Up The Ante
Unbreakable
Urban Evasion
Vigil
We'll Make It
Sole survivor
Streetwise

Thank's to Soulkey and Vayne Hellslinger for their help.

W'll do killers perks later.

Post edited by OxyReap on

Comments

• onark
    onark Member Posts: 105
    Options

Self-care is pretty slow at level 1 and if you add to that the killer perk of slowing that even more, it's horrible.

• OxyReap
    Options

@onark We talk a lot about that perk. But the fact it's a must have is not acceptable. Maybe it shouldn't be a perk and all survivors can self heal like a basic mechanic of the game. But you will need to nerf it if you go that way.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options
    Wake Ups values are too low. It shaves off 2 seconds. For a strictly endgame perk, it's incredibly lame.

Botany Knowledge is trash. Not sure why anyone would run it instead of We'll Make It.

Lithe is buggy. Sometimes chase breaks for no reason, causing it not to proc.

Borrowed Time and Adrenaline are fine. Camping doesn't need to be any stronger and end game perks should reward getting to endgame.
  • DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options

@onark said:
    Self-care is pretty slow at level 1 and if you add to that the killer perk of slowing that even more, it's horrible.

Please get your facts straight before you engage in balance conversations. Self-Care has been 50% healing speed across all Tiers for 9 months now.

• grisstyl
    grisstyl Member Posts: 110
    Options

Might want to move all of the "balanced" perks that you actually suggest need changes to those categories haha.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,245
    Options
    Déjà vu:
    -Unlocks potential in one's aura reading ability. Generators are revealed to you within a 24/28/32 meter range while showing the progress of the generator depending on the color of the generator's aura.

Technician:
    -You adapt to the greatest care of machinery. Every 20 seconds while working on a generator, you'll receive a token up to a maximum of 2/3/4. When you have 1 token, on a failed repair skill check, you'll be prevent the generator explosion while consuming 1 token.

Streetwise:
    -Long nights out taught you to do a lot with what you've got and thus you learned how to recycle. 15/20/25% of the original item charge will be slowly regained.
  • OxyReap
    edited May 2018
    Options

@Visionmaker Wake ups is not only about opening doors.
    Botanic knowledge is not that bad when you put another perk with it. I'll let you think wich one.
    Lithe need to be fixed then, but no up.
    Agree with two lasts. I wasn't in the same opinion of my two mates, but they have more experience than me.

@grisstyl What do you mean ?

@Nickenzie That's nice idea, but you are offtopic.

• onark
    Options

@DocOctober said:
    Please get your facts straight before you engage in balance conversations.

It's a forum, everybody can bring their opinions. That was my perception & I don't want they nerf self-care. I'm a player just like all of you & I have the same rights like everybody to speak up my mind. Sorry that I was wrong but your words are so rude.

• OxyReap
    Options

@onark @DocOctober Agree with Onark. You can contest his comment like you did but the first sentence wasn't necessary.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    edited May 2018
    Options

I don't care. I noticed that a little rudeness gets the message across much better. I like telling things how they are, I don't have much patience with unnecessary pleasantries first.

And as the Wiki's head admin, what I dislike the most is people throwing around false information, be that intentionally or not.

• OxyReap
    Options

Edit : Botany knowledge is now on Need buff list

• Feyard
    Feyard Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2018
    Options

@onark said:

@DocOctober said:
    Please get your facts straight before you engage in balance conversations.

It's a forum, everybody can bring their opinions. That was my perception & I don't want they nerf self-care. I'm a player just like all of you & I have the same rights like everybody to speak up my mind. Sorry that I was wrong but your words are so rude.

Maybe our opinions differ, but I do think that bringing wrong facts to a forum dedicated to balance is rude and not telling someone that he should check his facts before he says something (isn't this common sense?)

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    Options

@onark said:

This is desinformation, since patch 1.7.0 selfcare heal at the same speed across all level, the only change to its speed is if you use a medkit.

• onark
    edited May 2018
    Options

@Dragonredking said:

@onark said:

This is desinformation, since patch 1.7.0 selfcare heal at the same speed across all level, the only change to its speed is if you use a medkit.

@Feyard said:

Maybe our opinions differ, but I do think that bringing wrong facts to a forum dedicated to balance is rude and not telling someone that he should check his facts before he says something (isn't this common sense?)

Come on I already said that I was wrong with that, I even say I'm sorry. You all want to crucify me for an error? do you want to ban me or send me to jail? OMG. The point of this thread is the balance of perks, not my mistake. My point was that there is a killer skill that decrease the speed of self-care and I don't like that they nerf it. Stop it, please.

• Feyard
    Options

@onark said:

@Dragonredking said:

@onark said:

@Feyard said:

Come on I already said that I was wrong with that, I even say I'm sorry. You all want to crucify me for an error? do you want to ban me or send me to jail? OMG. The point of this thread is the balance of perks, not my mistake. My point was that there is a killer skill that decrease the speed of self-care and I don't like that they nerf it. Stop it, please.

Wait, so you say that "It's a forum, everybody can bring their opinions. That was my perception & I don't want they nerf self-care. I'm a player just like all of you & I have the same rights like everybody to speak up my mind." then you tell me to stop doing exactly that? I only wanted to give DocOctober a heads up that he was not wrong (in my opinion ofc), by no means I wanted to "crucify" someone, to say the truth I do not even know what exactly you mean by that.
    I agree though that "The point of this thread is the balance of perks, not my mistake.", I only wanted to improve the overall quality of these discussion by saying that people probably should check facts before they write anything, because facts are what is important for proper balancing, if it was based on opinions the devs could just make some kind of strawpoll system to check which perks to buff/nerf each month (an interesting idea).

• onark
    edited May 2018
    Options

@Feyard

Is not necessary to repeat over & over again the same thing 3 different people against 1

• OxyReap
    Options

Can we speak about lists now ? ahah Any comment or are you pretty much ok with it ?

• NotSure
    NotSure Member Posts: 41
    Options

@OxyReap said:
    Hello ppl. We made a list as three of perks who need to be buffed, nerfed, or good.
    This is our opinion build in 2 hours and half of speak. This is not a tiers list. You can give your opinion and upvote or downvote for comment you like, and i will edit the list. If you want to debate how you want to rework, go here : http://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/268/perk-buff-nerf-list#latest

This list is not an order to the devs, but for give them a idea of what we all think. They still have right to do whatever they want of their game.

Enough speaking, there is the list :

Buff needed :
    Ace in the hole
    Alert
    Calm Spirit
    Dark Sense
    Déjà Vu
    Detective's Hunch
    Left Behind
    Lightweight
    No Mither
    No One Left Behind
    Open Handed
    Prove Thyself
    Saboteur
    Slippery Meat
    Sole Survivor
    Streetwise
    This Is Not Happening
    Technician
    Tenacity
    We're Gonna Live Forever
    Botany Knowledge

Nerf needed :
    Decisive Strike (Need a rework)
    Self-Care (Maybe put a slow scaling more it is used)
    Sprint Burst (More change than nerf, acceleration can be good)

Balanced :
    Adrenaline (Just remove the insta heal after unhook ?)
    Balanced landing
    Bond
    Borrowed Time (Maybe put a limit)
    Dead Hard
    Empathy (Improve early tiers)
    Hope
    Iron Will (Improve early tiers)
    Kindred (Little buff)
    Leader
    Lithe
    Object of Obsession
    Pharmacy
    Plunderer's Instinct
    Premonition
    Quick & Quiet
    Resilience
    Small Game (little buff)
    Spine Chill
    Stake Out
    Up The Ante
    Unbreakable
    Urban Evasion
    Vigil
    Wake Up!
    We'll Make It

Thank's to Soulkey and Vayne Hellslinger for their help.

W'll do killers perks later.

I would personally put self care in the balanced tier. While the perk is insanely strong, it is counterable.

• OxyReap
    Options

@NotSure We didnt put it on nerf tiers cause it's OP, but cause it's a must have. Don't you think it's bad to have perk you absolutely need ? Just want to know what you think

• ThePeeje
    ThePeeje Member Posts: 70
    Options

SC is a really strange case. Some argue its totally OP. But as you say, it is counterable. Early game its neglibibly better than nothing. But late game its a life saver. The problem comes from the fact that its a very selfish perk. Because it doesnt really benefit the team very much at all, but benefits the individual a lot. Especially late game.

Its hard to know what to do with it. I would either make a very slow heal possible without any perks. Thus it would be a small upgrade rather than a game changer.

Or i would just nerf SC to 30% and ensure med kits were plentiful in the chests on every map. Not sure how many chests there are usually, but i'd make it so that if there were 5 chests on a typical map - 1 would have a key, 1 would have a flashlight, 1 would have a toolbox, 1 a map and any additional chests would have med kits.

Or i'd make a game changing alteration and put a place on the map that survivors can go to heal. A slow heal, but a heal none the less. If the killer knows where it is, that they can use it to find survivors. Perhaps it could even be in the basement, or the shack.

The people have spoken loud and clear. They want to be able to self heal!

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options

@OxyReap said:
    Botanic knowledge is not that bad when you put another perk with it. I'll let you think wich one.
    Agree with two lasts. I wasn't in the same opinion of my two mates, but they have more experience than me.

Uh.. I guess the aura from Wake Up is ... niche? Still don't think it justifies a perk slot at all. It is bad.

It is not necessary. It is a waste of a perk slot, and should only be used if you want to look cute. 20% longer med packs can be replaced with Pharmacy or decent add ons, and 20% extra speed is trash in comparison to other perks... I'll let you think which one. It is trash, even as a supplementary perk.

• Feyard
    Options

@Visionmaker said:

@OxyReap said:

Uh.. I guess the aura from Wake Up is ... niche? Still don't think it justifies a perk slot at all. It is bad.

It is not necessary. It is a waste of a perk slot, and should only be used if you want to look cute. 20% longer med packs can be replaced with Pharmacy or decent add ons, and 20% extra speed is trash in comparison to other perks... I'll let you think which one. It is trash, even as a supplementary perk.

Isn't it the point then that it does both (giving you a weaker Pharmacy and a weaker whatever perk)? Though I do not know if it is worth it just for that (probably not). I have no ideas about the numbers, but 20% does indeed sound underwhelming especially compared to We'll make it.

The fact that it is "not that bad when you put another perk with it" proves that it does indeed need a buff, since there are many perks functioning without the addition of other perks, so if Botany Knowledge indeed only works in synergy with other things and even then it is just mediocore, then it needs a buff.

• OxyReap
    Options
    @vision I think you're right. Maybe if exit gates arn't revealed when you get back the power, it could be strong. I put it on need buff list.
  • OxyReap
    Options

@ThePeeje I agree with most of your post. But slowing can make gameplay a bit boring. Maybe put a limit of 1 or 2 self heal ?

I though about make it a basic game mechanic too.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@NotSure said:

snip for easier reading

I would personally put self care in the balanced tier. While the perk is insanely strong, it is counterable.

This right here, is why it needs to be left alone since if killers don;t like it they can take something to counter it. That's no different than taking other perks and addons to counter both killer and survivor choices. You're not supposed to be given freebies or otherwise you might as well have no limit on perks/addons or just remove them.

• OxyReap
    Options

@powerbats That's not a problem for you that SC is a must have for every survivor ?

Maybe don't nerf it then, but make it on the basic gameplay, slow the processus, and make SC a perk who increase the self heal speed.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@OxyReap said:
    @powerbats That's not a problem for you that SC is a must have for every survivor ?

Maybe don't nerf it then, but make it on the basic gameplay, slow the processus, and make SC a perk who increase the self heal speed.

It's no different than BBQ and Ruin being mandatory on killers. As someone else stated in another thread and I agree with make it so that if you fail the skill check or stop it's progress it resets to zero. The only way to negate that would be an addon(s) to increase skill check zones/speeds which are available.

You could also have it use up the healing kit if you're using one or a lot of charges. The base healing kit gets used up on self care always. The tier 2 gets mostly used etc and having addons prolongs use currently. Besides which a good killer follows the blood and listens and 50% of the time gets them before they finish or right after.

If you're within the terror radius default radius only not the 25-50% extended range one then you have a slightly smaller skill check success zone modified by addons/item choice. The closer the killer is the harder it gets to heal since if the killer is really close you're going to be rushed and probably screw up or get noticed.

• OxyReap
    Options

@powerbats I didnt spoke about killers perks yet, but this two ones must be nerfed too IMO.
    That is nice idea tho.

• Kiores
    Kiores Member Posts: 34
    Options
    I've played this game for quite some time, I stopped using self care entirely long ago as it's a waste of time, medkits are fine, as you can find other survivors to heal you without bigger problem.
    My problem on your 'need buff' list is mostly some of my favorite perks, but also No Mither, 
    The thing is, many of the perks you mentioned doesn't need any balancing, for example, Detectives Hunch is an incredibly powerful perk, I run it almost all the time, and it's extremely good at what it does, I'd say if anything, it makes plunderers instinct and Deja Vu obsolete, but I'm fine with that.
    Another perk that doesn't need buff is Calm Spirit, what it needs is a fix, not a buff, if it did as it was intended to, it'd help your sneak build immensely. 
    Next perk, streetwise, streetwise is incredibly powerful as well, if you bring items
    It almost doubles the usage of some items (flashlight gets an additional 80% usetime, making it 180% of charges), the perk description is a bit hazy, but according to math it's usage 'per charge' 'per tick', not just a flat add-on
    Left behind does what it's indented to do, and is meant for solo builds together with sole survivor and maybe object of Obsession as well as self-care
    The goal of that build is to ignore hooked survivors and lurk around til everyone else is dead and then escape by the gate by repairing 5 gens alone without taking damage, which rewards you with the specific achievement for it. 
    Balanced landing and Decisive strike are getting excellent balance reworks very soon™
    DS one has been shown in live stream and BL one is in the PTB atm (75% stagger reduction at all levels, and sprint duration with cooldown of 60/50/40? I think it was)
    We'll make it is an incredibly powerful perk as well, actually lemme make an actual list

POWERFUL but Underrated Perks 
    - We'll make it
    - Detectives Hunch
    - Sole Survivor
    - Tenacity
    - Lithe and Balanced landing
    - Left Behind
    - Streetwise

PERKS IN NEED OF FIX
    - Calm Spirit
    - Deja Vu (basically doesn't do anything) 
    - Surveillance (it actually barely does what it describes it's doing, it shouldn't be on a timer and should always make gens show white, with the perk climbing 1/1/2 in tiers, and 2 being so that when one gen is left, it can't be used to guard all 3 gens, and it would be a great company with the new pop goes the weasel perk) 

WEAK PERKS
    - Dark Sense (too short time, should last until a gate is opened? But that'd make it too strong, until 25% progress on the doors have been opened, would only help on the hatch challenge runs then.)
    - Alert (you can't call a perk 'alert' if you only take note of pallet breaking and gen kicking, should include window vaulting and locker searching, and maybe have longer range) 
    - Wake Up (someone mentioned a great thing about it, it's good, but it doesn't feel as rewarding as an end-game perk should feel, increase valued slightly)
    - no one left behind (the perk has incredibly Low numbers for an end-game perk, we'll make it is way better at this point, you should make it 100% as well, at least)
    - Ace in the hole and Plunderers instinct (I've tried it many times in KYF, and plunderers instinct is confirmed garbage after you've learnt the position of chest spawns, it's a good way of learning chest placement, but that's it, the 'extra lootchance' is in small tiny percentages, and it's not clearly explained if it's a percentage bonus in units or increase the already existing one, like the Hook jump perks.
    Ace in the hole has a too small chance of giving add-on, it should be at least 80% for one add-on with a 30% of 2 add-ons, and level of perk should increase like this 40/60/80 as well as 10/20/30, and having a 'the add on may be as good as uncommon/rare/very rare') 

I'll end with this for now, and I did bring in one killer perk, because it's not working well
  • onark
    edited May 2018
    Options

I hope they don't slow Self-care. With "Nurse's calling" perk, killers would have an even more huge advantage.

• OxyReap
    Options

@Kiores Wow really thank you for your participation.
    I'll answer your list by what i think about each perk.
    First Detective's Hunch can be well played, but it still far behind most of the other perks. Maybe Put the killer aura too for 5 seconds ? (Not on the map ahah.
    For sole suvivor, i will let you that, i think it's not that bad.
    Tenacity is weak when you can have unbreakable. Both of them are good when they are together, but two slots for that ? Too much IMO.
    Left behind should have a bigger value, a lot bigger, like you said.
    Streetwise is a good perk, if value wasn't too low too. It's good combined with accessories, but 15 % ? It's 1 seconds & half gain each 10 seconds. That's very low.

For perks need to be fixed, i agree for all.

For weak perks, they are already all in buff list. Only plunderers instinct is not, because it can help new player to learn where are the chests. But a buff won't be too much.

• VayneHellslinger
    VayneHellslinger Member Posts: 47
    Options

@Kiores Hello I'm one of the co-writers of the list. When we first started writing our list we came to an early consensus that every perk should have some form of viability to it, enough that it justified using a perk slot. As such most perks that we agreed needed to be buffed had to done so utility wise. Just a quick rundown for our thought process for the first couple perks you mentioned.

Detective's hunch: We really liked the idea behind it but disliked how a map was required for full utilisation. Agreed upon idea that some objects, we thought totems, within the radius should remain permanently marked, even after the normal perk duration was over.

Streetwise: Another really well balanced perk. We just wanted a slight range increase from 8 to something along the lines of 12-15m.

Calm Spirit: We had a lot of fun with this one. We had a bunch of ideas to make using it feel more rewarding. Eventually we settled on any crows the killer scared off were notified to you via visual cue after which the ability would go on CD).

Left Behind: Due to the random nature of whether or not you ended up as the last survivor, we wanted a bigger reward for it. If you wished to fight as the last man standing, we really wanted to make the killer go into a frenzy when you had this perk, so we thought to make the increased repair speed % a ludicrous amount.

I could go on explaining our thought process, and if there is any specific perk where you would like to see how we examined, I would be happy to elaborate, but for now I think this is enough.

• VayneHellslinger
    Options

@onark This is a really interesting topic. The interaction between Self-Care and Nurse's Calling is very interesting in my opinion. Lots of counter play options for both sides of the table here, and when we discussed Self-Care during discord, we agreed that nerfing to the ground was not a good option. We instead wanted to create a risk-vs-reward sort of setup to it, so a player has to think really hard on the pros and cons to it. Eventually we settled on the following change

Self-Care: Percentage of healing starts at 50% (so the current percentage). Everytime a survivor uses the perk to heal the equivalent of an entire bar, that percentage goes down by 10%(or any better % that is found after testing). The efficiency to medkits remains unchanged

We have three goals with this change:
    1) Taking hits and body blocking becomes a calculated risk and sometimes simply not a viable option for a survivor to make. It becomes an actual choice he makes with tangible consequences yo it.
    2)If used too much, the perk becomes near worthless, as the survivor goes back to relying on other survivors and medkits to heal the hits they damage while being down a perk. In essence, previous mistakes they made add up in the long term while still keeping it viable in the early phases.
    3)Self-Care is (hopefully) no longer a fill for every build set. We hope that a presence of a risk causes people to reconsider it in accordance to their playstyle as opposed to the jack-of-all-trades nature the perk finds itself in

I hope this explanation finds itself satisfactory

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615
    Options

Killers have no advantage tbh but I do agree that it shouldn't be slower. Instead it should just have a set number of heals instead. At tier 3, you should have 3 heals.

• Kiores
    Options
    OxyReap said:

@Kiores Wow really thank you for your participation.

Tenacity is weak when you can have unbreakable. Both of them are good when they are together, but two slots for that ? Too much IMO.
    Streetwise is a good perk, if value wasn't too low too. It's good combined with accessories, but 15 % ? It's 1 seconds & half gain each 10 seconds. That's very low.

For perks need to be fixed, i agree for all. 

Even when you don't have unbreakable Tenacity is a nice way if you have someone to distract  killer, I've had games where I crawled to hatch and he didn't realize I was on the other side of the map from where he downed me, the movement speed for crawling is great
    Recover meanwhile is an insane addition to this

I explained streetwise just now, it's not just 1.5 seconds per 10 seconds, a flashlight with 8 seconds use becomes almost 15 second use
    It's charge consumption speed, not charges
  • ThePeeje
    ThePeeje Member Posts: 70
    Options

Speaking of Tenacity, something i wish the devs would do to balance SWF with solo queue is to reveal which perks everyone is using. Tenacity and Unbreakable would be much more useful if each of us knew who has those and could distract the killer to enable it to work.

• VayneHellslinger
    Options

@ThePeeje I don't think killers would in uproar if this change happened. Survivors get a way to indirectly communicate their needs to each other while the killer still sees their loadout(only the items they are carrying) and can plan accordingly. It would increase the viability of some perks such as Adrenaline, unbreakable and tenacity if the players had an idea other players had them to begin with.

• OxyReap
    Options

@Kiores If Streetwise work like that, then it's all good. I put it in balanced perk.

• theagitatedapricot
    theagitatedapricot Member Posts: 78
    Options
    onark said:

I hope they don't slow Self-care. With "Nurse's calling" perk, killers would have an even more huge advantage.

And now Coulrophobia, too.
  • Kiores
    Options

@VayneHellslinger said:
    @Kiores
    Detective's hunch: We really liked the idea behind it but disliked how a map was required for full utilisation. Agreed upon idea that some objects, we thought totems, within the radius should remain permanently marked, even after the normal perk duration was over.

Calm Spirit: We had a lot of fun with this one. We had a bunch of ideas to make using it feel more rewarding. Eventually we settled on any crows the killer scared off were notified to you via visual cue after which the ability would go on CD).

Left Behind: Due to the random nature of whether or not you ended up as the last survivor, we wanted a bigger reward for it. If you wished to fight as the last man standing, we really wanted to make the killer go into a frenzy when you had this perk, so we thought to make the increased repair speed % a ludicrous amount.

I can understand the reasoning behind left behind, as I've tried 1v1 in KYF using Left behind, and it's not often you can even get away from the killer, let alone hide enough time for killer to walk away, and then you don't have enough time to fix a generator before their patrol has gone a lap, sure, it's less gens and less time per lap when you're alone, but I think I usually have time to fix a third of a gen, maybe half by the time they walk around all the other generators, aka, they do still walk a lap around the map, which means it's not fast enough to be viable

Calm spirit is a good perk for a sneaking build, if it only did what it was intended to do, it doesn't actually do what it's made to do, as most crows can still be alerted by your presence, and the ironic part is that the perk was made to accompany the pale rose map variant of swamp, to hide the fact that you stepped near/onto the large boat, which it doesn't even do...

Detective's hunch is Extremely powerful, as I stated in earlier message, my reasoning is that I have mained it since pig came out, and it's an easy replacement of a few perks, "Small game", "Deja Vu", "Plunderer's instinct" and the map item entirely
    as the perk reveals your next targets every time you pop a generator, it has a ludicrous range of 64 meters, revealing like 60-70% of all the items except hooks a maximum of 5 times per game, if you do gens
    of course, the perk isn't useful at all the games where you're chased until all the generators are done, but with the help of detective's hunch, I've defused many NOED killers well before gates are powered, and opened many chests that have been revealed by the perk.

with this said, if you had a ranking of perks that needs to be fixed, you should consider exactly why each and every perk need a rework, and then list them accordingly, the more/heavier reason at the top and less important at the bottom, I could help to rank them a little, but it's not like you can number them up, just more or less put them into categories of "important", "less important", "Quality of life" etc

• OxyReap
    Options
    @kiores you have very interesting point of view. Let's do that again together with my mates when I'm back home. Are you up too? 
  • Kiores
    Options

@OxyReap said:
    @kiores you have very interesting point of view. Let's do that again together with my mates when I'm back home. Are you up too? 

Sure, dm me details if possible

• NMCKE
    Options
    Currently I've been using "Left Behind" and the perk it's self is just meh because it looks good on paper but the odds of it becoming useful is extremely low. First you'll need to do less than 2 generators with you being the sole survivor or have the killer close the hatch, even if these rare situations do happen will the perk be good enough? No because the killer can patrol generators and once he finds you, your dead if it's a good killer. So I've an idea to make the perk more useful and not waste a perk slot for something that might not happen.

Left Behind:
    As more of your allies fall to the killer's hands, an unexplained force gives you power from within. For EVERY survivor eliminated from the trial, gain a 6/8/10% bonus to repair speed.

This will make the perk a lot less situational and provide value as survivors die instead of when your the last survivor in the trial.
  • VayneHellslinger
    Options

@Nickenzie Here is some Math that the potential change will theoratically make. Lets take a scenario where all 4 survivors run this perk. When one dies the other three get a boost in repair equating to a total of 30% repair speed. We can be generous and assume at a given time, 2 survivors are working on a generator, so 20% on average is saved on gen time. Gens take 80 seconds to complete as a base, great skillchecks non-withstanding. Assuming a survivor is likely to hit a great skillcheck on average 3-4 times while fully repairing a gen, each one adding 1.6 seconds per survivor, so between both survivors a total saved time of 9.6 second there. Chases will take average 30-40 seconds to reach completion, regardless of the end result. That nets a total survivor advantage under these conditions of 36% for two gens while under the effects of the perk. This, of course, ignores the notion that both survivors aren't working on the same gen.

Math Non-withstanding, the core of the perk becomes lost. The idea that you are the last survivor is the high risk, and a proportional high reward should accompany it. Getting to this point should give you a crazy advantage, like 250% gen repair speed, or something to that effect.

• NMCKE
    Options

Math Non-withstanding, the core of the perk becomes lost. The idea that you are the last survivor is the high risk, and a proportional high reward should accompany it. Getting to this point should give you a crazy advantage, like 250% gen repair speed, or something to that effect.

@VayneHellslingerEither the 250% increase in repair speed or my version of the perk with decreased % values because this perk, in it's current state needs something. Very rarely I would be the sole survivor (I would either be sacrificed or already escaped) and when I am the sole survivor, the perk is just meh. However maybe your idea may be a great fix because the perk only it's strongest when there's more generators remaining due to the increased speed per generator (25%).
  • CrtKazz
    CrtKazz Member Posts: 214
    Options
    Here’s a thought for Self-care:

Since this is a survival horror the fear of being hit is not a thing while running SC. Therefore keep it as is but give it a limitted amount of usage. For example you can only self heal to full a certain amount of times (one per tier maybe). Not only that if the survivor messes up skill checks that error will cost them the ability to fully heal if they run out of uses. They can get close but won’t be able without help from a medkit or ally. With this it’s more strategic when it comes to using the perk AND will make survivors be more collaborative with one another if they want to up their chances of survival. PS with botony knowledge (since I see people giving it smack) give it a buff on those uses of self care on top of the increased healing. That way you can run it by itself you so desire (for one or two self heals) or to give major synergy with self care. Hopefully this made enough sense, thoughts? 
  • OxyReap
    Options
    @kiores add OxyReap on steam, I'm not here before Monday