Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is freddy fun to play against?

Clox
Clox Member Posts: 8

I am just curious to see what you get to say

Best Answers

Answers

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited April 2020

@Clox

"Is Freddy fun to play?", yes and no. I'm not going to point out some flaws or anything like that, i'm just going to give you my honest opinion on how I view present day Freddy. Personally, I enjoyed the weaker version of Freddy before his buff. The buff was definitely needed, but something about Pre-Buff Freddy was really unique and fun.

But this isn't about Pre-Buff Freddy VS Post-Buff Freddy, it's about present day Freddy and how he's perceived by some players like me. Present day Freddy is fun if you enjoy his powers, unique play-style, and potential in the trial itself. He's fun if you're not used to him, but he's also fun because of how his powers work. I personally enjoy the teleporting part of his power, but the Dream Snare version that comes with his base-kit is somewhat meh to me.

But besides that, also "NOT fun?" Well, because after you use him for awhile... You start to notice a pattern with how his powers work. Some people enjoy placing Dream Snares down in vital areas and creating deadzones, but for me personally it's not enjoyable after 2 or 3 games. Again, that's just my opinion on it, but you'll find out what I mean when you start to play him more and more. Or maybe not, it's different for everyone after all. To me, Freddy isn't really a go-to Killer for fun, at least not for me, he's just an option to mix things up and that's about it. He used to be a go-to for fun and memes, but I feel that changed after his buff. But again, this isn't about Pre VS Post.

Maybe I liked the weaker version because of how challenging it is to facing a team with a weaker Killer, maybe the different powers he now has is not appealing to me. Either way, i'm sure you'll enjoy playing him, you might eventually start to see a pattern when you play him more and more, which is boring or not, depending on who you're as a player. You could argue that this happens to every Killer you play a lot, which is somewhat true, but I don't personally like placing Dream Snares over and over, even if there's little downside to doing so. And yes, you can even do this in a chase and still gain momentum in said chase.

Personally, I like Dream Pallet Freddy more because it's weaker and more unexpected. Yes you can say that the Snares and Pallets only work in the Dream World and there's many options to choose from when "Snaping out of it", but I personally find a Survivor going to a loop with Dream Snare in it hilarious. That's what I personally like about The Hag and The Trapper, their traps are so unexpected sometimes, which sis especially the case for Dream Pallets! With Pallet Freddy, it's funny to see Survivors drop pallets that just end in them being downed. Something about it is more enjoyable for me personally, probably because I like Stealth Killers, but also the unsuspecting side of a chase with any Killer that uses stealth or traps.

This comment is probably useless since it's my view on it for the most part, but it's just giving you an idea on how I personally see present day Freddy. So should you play him? Yes. Can it get boring after awhile? The same can be said for anything you use over and over.

Also one more thing, don't use the Forever Freddy build. It might benefit you as the Killer, but it's not really fun to draw out a game for a lot longer than it needs to be. If you want to use it, that's your choice. I just don't think you'll enjoy using it every game or even again after using it once... But again, that's just my opinion.

Also to be clear

I have nothing against how Freddy was changed or anything like that. No hate towards the devs or anyone that disagrees with my opinion, this is just my view on how I see present day Freddy. If you enjoy playing him, than all the more to ya. If you don't, than that's just your opinion as well.

My comment isn't about swaying you from playing Freddy, it's just an explanation to why I personally don't find some parts of him fun. So again, if you like him than you like him, if you don't you don't. I will say this though, Freddy's buff was definitely a needed change, regardless if I enjoy the weaker version or not.

tl;dr

Is Freddy fun? Yes and No.

Forever Freddy is boring, Dream Pallet Freddy is unsuspecting, which is a lot more fun than Dream Snare Freddy. Dream Snare Freddy starts to become boring if you don't enjoy playing Snares over and over again. The same can be said for Killers that use Traps, but something about Snare Freddy has little downside to doing it.

It's odd to say the downside of placing traps is "fun", but I personally don't really enjoy how you can place snares mid-chase with basically no down-side. Again, my opinion, but having to decide where and when to trap is a lot more fun in my opinion. That's why Pallet Freddy is a lot more fun than Snare Freddy, at least to me anyways, I find it hilarious when a Survivor drops a Dream Pallet mid-chase and than gets downed afterwards. The unsuspecting and randomness of traps is what makes it a lot more fun.

With Snares you can see them in the Dream World, so it's less unsuspecting for a Survivor and more tactical to avoid them. Which to me, is meh.

Post edited by FireHazard on