The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New update should be out now. Tell your first experiences here.

leyzyman
leyzyman Member Posts: 355

Title is the description.

If you inevitably have a long que time as either killer or survivor, you could spin a tale here.

Comments

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

Haven't finished downloading it yet but I will update how I feel with the new map updates because that is what I am most excited for.

• Shocktober
    Shocktober Member Posts: 678

Rolled some people as spirit fury instasaw billy. As expected. Long killer Q times.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Big update, must wait... soo long

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046

So they really went for the PTB-Version with some of those Maps? Because from the Patchnotes they just wrote that they removed the Window on Storehouse (for example), which sounded like it is blocked off every time. Which would be a better solution than the crap on the PTB.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

Had a first game as a Solo Survivor.

Loved it, was able to basically run the killer around the whole map. I didn't notice any dead zones and the map looked so different.

I was playing in Ironworks of Misery. Can't wait to try these new maps as Killer. (Yes I am aware of the Rainbow Ranks, but I didn't notice a difference, everyone seemed to be playing as optimally as they can.)

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

Pallets are bugged again

Sometimes you can get stuck literally next to pallets when stunned and are forced to break them

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

Played one match and I am not playing again until the high ping is fixed. I also got stuck under the hook after getting unhooked, don't know if anyone else had the same bug.

• arslaN

Ironworks didn't have any deadzone issues when I tried it on the PTB. Let us know if you encounter any on other maps. I noticed them on Autohaven maps especially on the PTB.

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829

How does a QA team miss one of the fundamental parts of the game being bugged? lmao

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

Great update!

Ive played on coldwind farm with doctor and I actually feel a fair map according to structures and pallets.

I dunno why but I felt like killers and go slower in speed and survivors speed buff when hit or using exhausting perks are like less time (maybe my imagination) but overall good. First time I dont have to play harder on a SWF game.

(They of course still spread sh1t on me)

I also had the ping problem but i didnt experienced any lag on the game neither kicked me out.

• arslaN

God, that looks terrible lol. I always hated the swamp and it's even worse now.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046

To be fair, this could happen before on Swamp Maps. Those can spawn with nothing in the middle, leaving the Grim Pantry Window as the only option as Survivor. But we know what happened to this.

(Because of this, Swamp was horrible for both sides... Now it is only one side...)

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

It's terrible. The dedicated servers are broken, AA can no longer be turned off, hillbilly looks dope, legion vaults are broken :(

• Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 542

Played a game on Sanctum of Wrath as Legion. 1 guy started right by me and disconnected when I downed him, other 3 did 2 gens before I killed them all. When my power ran out I was helped when I saw some faint scratchmarks left by Ace so I like the change. Pallet wise I think they dropped 5? or so pallets. I was matched with 2 people 6-7 ranks above me, and 2 people ranked 3-4 ranks below me (8/9/17/18) which is a bit stupid. The rank 17 went down after not mending.

I don't think Sanctum was changed at all by the patch though.

• Ihatelife

And also my FPS are falling like crazy

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

The old Trapper intro is back, so I'm immediately enjoying this patch FAR more than other recent ones

• Vecors
    Vecors Member Posts: 67

Nice even more boring as killer, i wonder for what kind of idividuals bhvr is balancing the game around.

• Ihatelife

@Peanits Is the team fixing the bug with the high-ping lobby? It's literally unplayable..

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

I'm loving this update so far on ps4

• Retry
    Retry Member Posts: 36

Legion vaults are still broken?! They didn't fix that from the PTB?

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

Defending infinites in 2020? Making up stories of shadow palletnerfs?

Glad nothing changed, lets see how good this game could've been

• myersismydaddy
    myersismydaddy Member Posts: 232

Insane fps drop. Thanks devs, keep giving us the reason to quit. :)

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,364

I can 360 faster it’s nice especially in corn

• Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 542

Just had a game where Survivors didn't even try. 2 just walked to me and 1 threw shack pallet down then AFKed.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

I've noticed that gen spawn cramped on reworked maps. I played on Mother's dwelling, Tomphson's House and Rancid Abbatoir and I had a 4-gen strat right from the beginning around the main buildings. I don't mean long 4 gen, I mean literally in LoS and TR distance. I could have just stayed there and never bothered moving.

• The_Daydreamer
    The_Daydreamer Member Posts: 735

Awful ping, awful offering loading screen, awful palett changes, some awful and great window changes, good gen speed changes, unwanted graphic changes aka AA, weird killer breathing and I had the feeling that my survivor was.. a bit smaller? I played dwight and thought that the camer was more down or I was a bit smaller. dk about that one.

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

Its just me or you feel killer going slower i mean movement speed.

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 810

Pale Rose can have quite the bad rng. I had layouts like the one on your pictures before the Update, nothing in the middle and just a 4 lane at the side, so I do think it's possible that you just got the worst rng.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Well I don’t know what people were talking about on the PTB with window hits being less awful, they’re as bad as ever if not worse. Hits through windows and pallets are pretty terrible, I hear the sound of the killer’s weapon smacking wood and still get hit lmao.

Shelter Woods looks bizarre - the grass is sunk into the ground in some areas. Same with one or two Coldwind maps as well it seems.

I played Blood Lodge and it seemed fine. Fewer pallets than usual in the centre but enough to make do.

Survivor queue times were super fast my first few games, I’m talking 20 seconds. They’ve increased over the last hour as more people play I guess, but even then it’s only up to a minute.

• akumaks13
    akumaks13 Member Posts: 42

Horrible upgrade as a survivor, almost no pallets, smaller maps, high ping, side-by-side engines, deadzones, hits at 20 meters. Free games for the killer

• arslaN

Windows hits were definitely better for me on the PTB. Currently, people are constantly getting very high ping , are you having the same issue?

My ping went from 60-90 to 180- 200, it wasn't like this before.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

My ping was consistently in the low 30s pre-patch. Now it’s between 30 and 50 and a bit less stable (going from 32 to 48 and back), but that’s a tiny difference.

I think the game may be assigning people to different servers. I’m pretty sure I was on London before and Germany now, which would explain it.

• Vampire
    Vampire Member Posts: 90

almost like how it was for killers not too long ago.

It really is one way or the other isn't it

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Read the “changes from the ptb” part. The only thing they changed after Marths video was the ironworks, which was the one bad for killer. The rest of the notes are just what was on the ptb.

They also added more breakable walls to saloon which im guessing was to address the infinite there. Thats good and all but some of the loops in the ptb were suicide for survivors and yet they remain unchanged. The groaning storehouse was so bad it was literally unuseable with one spawn because you would have to run around into it and then around out of it and the door was right next to it anyway.

• obamagaming99
    obamagaming99 Member Posts: 216

nothing has changed for killer imo still just get gen rushed

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

i like playing wraith, and playing him today felt so goddamn sluggish

i feel like they shadow nerfed him because his cloak and uncloak animations feel much longer than before... guess im not playing him for 5 weeks :/

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906

3 games on red ranks as a solo survivor

all of them were full red ranks games. yes, believe it or not: killers and survivors all in red!

wretched shop against huntress. 1k, she camped the last person. the map felt empty on one side but I just avoided being caught there

temple against oni, another 1k, obsession moried because of rancor. this map is SO SMALL NOW, shack is almost inside the temple!

lerrys against doc, 2k, camped the last one and caught the second in a kamikaze unhooking failed mission. not apply

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 820

Played one round, closed the game. Now patiently awaiting a fix for the godawful anti-aliasing.

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899

Played a few games on both sides, ps4.

The killer sensitivity change is a big plus.

For some reason every match its like someone played the purple extra mist offering. Its great really makes the game feel spookier than normal I hope they leave it.

Games seem more fair.

Only downside so far is i got unhooked on lerys between two bunk beds, and got stuck. Couldn't get out, the asshat demogorgon came and downed me, couldn't crawl out, got healed, couldn't get out again, downed and hooked, then when unhooked again I was free. That was the coolest dbd ever.