We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Wraith Shadownerf? or just a bug.

Options
A_Survivor_Main_BTW
A_Survivor_Main_BTW Member Posts: 11
edited April 2020 in Bug Reporting

Just play a couple of games with the purple speed add-on(windstorm) and purple "all-seeing".(my standart build vs SWF)

Cloak and uncloak time feels larger, specially the uncloak, speed boost after uncloak is heavy reduced.

movement speed cloaked(with the add-on) is slower.

i am not crazy, i main wraith and i play him almost daily, i play him yesterday, and now i feel the changes so hard, he is slow and rough.

please check the cloak-uncloak times, the speed boost after uncloaking and the windstorm addons, is not working.

40 votes

Acknowledged · Last Updated

Comments

• Flambo007
    Flambo007 Member Posts: 19
    Options

Can confirm, everything seems to be about 20% slower

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

Thought I'd mention that I also have noticed that the bugged Wraith (bugged from the PTB *cough*) made his way onto the live version of the build.

• Human
    Human Member Posts: 40
    Options

He feels very slow when uncloaking. State this in the patchnotes if you really did nerf him. Or fix this. He is my main killer. This just entirely breaks the game for me.

• rounder247
    rounder247 Member Posts: 47
    Options

Terribly slow wraith movements, I’m a rank 1 wraith main and i suck with him right now. Uncloaking takes forever

• zeplore
    zeplore Member Posts: 95
    Options

Yep he is garbage now, sad.

• Flawless_
    Flawless_ Member Posts: 309
    Options

BHVR what have you done to the poor bing bong boi. I just played a few games and can confirm that everything feels extremely slow, including the speed boost after uncloaking with two windstorm addons.

• Vlad_V
    Vlad_V Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2020
    Options

Can confirm this. Tested him in the new patch today, and ALL of his Windstorm add-ons make him a second to two and a half seconds slower when uncloaking. The fact this was not reported to be part of the patch, tells me this is indeed a bug. PLEASE hotfix this soon, guys. I don't want to have to end up not using him for the Archives to get my challenges done with him.

Post edited by Vlad_V on
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Yeah, he's way slower in uncloaking at least.

If you ask me, this is a bug, since they have stated to not have any plans to nerf Wraith at all.

• zeplore
    zeplore Member Posts: 95
    Options

He also has Trappers walking animation now. He use to bop up and down and have his own walking animation, now its the exact same as trappers...

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Idk about that, but if that's true, then you could make a report of that too.

1234512345 Member Posts: 103
    Options

yes i started playing him and i played him a lot it feels weird

• dahbunneh07
    dahbunneh07 Member Posts: 2
    Options

I noticed this IMMEDIATELY after playing Wraith. it felt so wrong and unfun. I really hope it's just a bug and not a shadownerf.

• Meroko
    Meroko Member Posts: 106
    Options

Only the animation has changed to his 2016 animation, which seems to be the bug. The actual cast time is the same. Already compared it on pre 3.7 VoDs, so while it may seem slower nothing has actually changed gameplay wise.

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138
    Options

I have no doubts . Hillbilly is wrecked even worse.

• naim109
    naim109 Member Posts: 12
    Options

I agree, the wraith feels bugged. so slow.

• PascalG95
    PascalG95 Member Posts: 7
    Options

I adapted the hit and run build/playstyle before the update but it seems unplayable now due to the new update... This wraith playstyle was fun until now... Hopefully they fix this.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

Do you have any video of showing this? Curious how it looks like

• Vlad_V
    Options

Upvote this further gents. I looked into the hotfix notes of the patch, and there's NO mention of the Wraith's cloaking/uncloaking being fixed yet.

• widescreen
    widescreen Member Posts: 49
    Options

Yep, wraith does feel slower and so is billy base kit chainsaw charge time.

• memento
    memento Member Posts: 158
    Options

His addon "Swift Hunt" is also not working at all.

• Xyex
    Xyex Member Posts: 140
    Options

I did some personal testing of this myself yesterday morning and from what I could tell, after playing a game with just one of each speed add-on and one game with no add-ons, is that Wraith's base cloaked movement speed seems to be the issue. I couldn't notice any difference between his cloaked and uncloaked speeds when not using any add-ons. If the speed add-ons work by modifying his default cloaked speed this would explain why they all feel slower. Because his default is slower. I also noticed that his speed boost coming my out of cloak seems to be slower, or shorter, or something.

Basically, they broke Bing Bong.

• Vlad_V
    Options

Two hotfixs in, and STILL no fix on Wraith. Keep at it, everyone.