[Keep upvoting] More Graphics Settings

GMan79
GMan79 Member Posts: 186

As you made it impossible to get best framerate and best looking game by making some small ini tweaks. We seriously need more graphic options ingame.

Settings for Anti Aliasing, V-Sync, Capped FPS and so on

having to call bhvr out to implement a basic thing that isn't hard to implement is sad because we shouldn't have to.

Post edited by GMan79 on

Comments

• Vulgstein
    Vulgstein Member Posts: 11
    edited April 2020

Mandatory anti aliasing is by far the worst thing in this game. On smaller screens or bad specs it makes it impossible to see people even just a little bit far from you. I don't know why they are forcing us play with this but it is extremely frustrating and imo it should be changable in the in game settings like you suggest.

Edit: I forgot to write this, anti aliasing is lowering the fps and forcing the cpu even more.

• SurvJoe
    SurvJoe Member Posts: 111

I agree , last sentence explains it very well

• GMan79
    edited May 2020

We also need proper way to set Screenscale and ScreenResolution

I would like to see a proper way to set my Games Resolution with a Slider or a drop down menu.

Same with the Renderresolution

• UniToxic
    UniToxic Member Posts: 3

Exactly, the latest update forcing aa on people sucks big time, i really don't wanna play a game which i can barely see.. Lmao

• Jakeroo
    Jakeroo Member Posts: 49

There's a fine line between offering graphics options to improve experience and offering graphics options that will provide an in-game benefit... but I still upvoted the topic because there are enough graphical issues that I really do think this is necessary... I'd really love to be able to tune my settings down low enough that skill checks aren't so choppy for sure! <3

• LevovicCZ
    LevovicCZ Member Posts: 1

😍😍😍

• madamretto
    madamretto Member Posts: 364

Yay, another thread on this forced stupid AA, I'm in :D

• RockoRango
    RockoRango Member Posts: 554

When a mod closes a MASSIVE THREAD ABOUT A PROBLEM because of a reason that was not justified at all. Pog

But fr, this mid patch didn't fix any of the major problems and rather fixed the minor issues that didn't make the game unplayable. Thanks.

• chineloGAMER
    chineloGAMER Member Posts: 2

I still can't believe that a paid game doesn't provide basic functions like this. Several free games, even less famous than DBD have this. To tell the truth, there are few games that do not have customizable graphics configurations, especially those of today.

I totally agree with the implementation of more graphics options. In addition to each player being able to leave the graphics according to their preferences (which should be possible even more because it is a PAID game) and not being able to achieve great competitive advantages, with options such as disabling shadows and antialiasing, the game would reach an audience higher with weaker computers as these options make it possible to achieve a higher frame rate per second.

Again, I'm sorry for the bad English and blame the Google translator, because I'm Brazilian.

• OhHelloThere
    OhHelloThere Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2020

allowing very low spec people to play a game is the reason why Minecraft and League of Legends are so. damn. popular. Most people have bad pc cause they are either poor or their parents dont want to pay alot. My PC is not bad an im not poor either, just saying

• GMan79

I bet there a plenty of people that doesn't even know the benefits of such options, nevertheless keep upvoting this Topic.

All Players will benefit of a proper Graphics Setting Menu.

• madamretto
    madamretto Member Posts: 364

Yeah, the same goes for Q & A thread with this issue, I don't know what people are thinking.

• Jota
    Jota Member Posts: 156

I'm hoping we get these options along the next Chapter.

• GMan79

That would be great. With a Twitter post, that they heard us loud and clear :) That would be awesome

• Jota
    Jota Member Posts: 156

To achieve that we need everyone to upvote and keep asking for that

• GMan79

absolutly!

• Shadow_De_Way
    Shadow_De_Way Member Posts: 1

after the 3.7.0 patch I've been losing my mind for a couple of things 1. I've gotten use to having anti aliasing off and V-sync off, forced game play with out the options is possible, yes but very exhausting and very frustrating. 2. survivors visuals with graphics are still very important but killer's visuals are everything, without them it becomes frustrating and and headache especially when gen auras are blobs and the cornfield is like finding a needle in the hay stack. 3. the Dev's went through with this decision without consulting the community, everyone's losing their minds and they're not doing anything about it, its clear we're not happy with this yet nothing is being done. I've received argument for the last point, points like "console players deal with it, yet they're not complaining" or "the graphics look fine to me, I've never had a problem, just get used to it" to which my response to those were "console doesn't 'deal' with it, they've never experienced what its like having anti aliasing it off." As for the people who never noticed a change in graphics well, they have never changed the files and they admit it, I've asked. The ones who never noticed a change, never experience the visuals of having anti aliasing off, the ones that have experienced it are now suffering. My most frustrating point and experience in all this. The graphics looked fine to me back in the early days of dead by daylight, no problems, no headaches. After one random patch my graphics and frames dropped. headaches occurred. I submitted a ticket questioning what was happening, my response was nothing had change but they'll "keep a look out" right. after doing my research i stumbled upon a DBD Forum much like this, explaining the recent patch visuals and how to fix it. Same way everyone here did. worked great and played for many more years to come. until 3.7.0. All in all Devs or to anyone reading this. Please revert the choice or give us options. You have a good that's not fun to play anymore because of your choice. All voices matter

• GMan79

So in lat Q&A Stream Patrick told us, he/they heard us and a graphics Menu plus performance improvements and new shadow and light effects are in the works. We'll see how long it will take them.

• GMan79

I truly hope that'll happen with the graphics update...

...But it's frustrated we don't have a date or any time frame for this to happen.

• DarkMagik
    DarkMagik Member Posts: 822

Bruh,