Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Sensitivity Help Need Please As of Update 3.7

Options

If anything has happened to sensitivity please help me

So I did this new update 3.70 and now my sensitivity seems to be really bad. I can't hardly do anything now and just had one of the worst matches with the huntress you could possibly have. I couldn't hit a single person as the huntress because my aim was all over the place.

Before the update I was playing on 100% on both S & K which to me was really balanced and spot on and now it just seems absolutely rubbish at 100%. I don't know if it's the dead zone or something but just wow I wanted to move say a half foot on the game but because of what they done my characters moved 600 feet instead.

Can someone tell me if I had 100% sensitivity on both S & K before this update, What sensitivity should I be playing on now (3.7) to match before this update.

I was mid game trying to sort it out but just wasn't right. It felt absolutely shocking to play a ranged killer that couldn't hit anything.

Answers

• lunaticlifter
    lunaticlifter Member Posts: 426
    Options

with high sensis really hard to control killers that require aim, and it's also hard to lunge..if you want to play huntress i recommend 2 things: you either get use to new sensitivity or lower your sens below 50... old sens should be around that

• AnnoyedAtTheGame
    AnnoyedAtTheGame Member Posts: 539
    Options

Before the update I was fine on 100%. I could aim, attack lunge attack and now it just seems I can't do anything even when I played as the survivors it was to much.

I will try and lower it down even more.

It seems stupid to ruin sensitivity on something that wasn't even broken.

• Schlute6969
    Schlute6969 Member Posts: 129
    Options

I mean may seem stupid to you since that is what you are used to but sensitivity being really high will be great for better plays when you get use to it and they seem to be attempting to bridge the gap between cross playing which sensitivity was a big issue about it. Trust me it threw me off too but it is easily fixed by going back half of what you were before or getting use to it.

• lunaticlifter
    lunaticlifter Member Posts: 426
    Options

@AnnoyedAtTheGame the thing is, that we adapted to a sensitivity that was wrong to the game... we couldn't hide the red stain quick enough, we couldn't counter 360 properly, we couldn't play nurse at her full potential, we just need to relearn things.. i can tell you a trick to aim better with high sens... imagine you need to aim a target, you need to move your body (left stick) to compensate the high speed sens(right stick).. basically you correct your aim, by walking forward but to the opposite direction you are aiming.. ex. if i'm aiming a target to my left i'll slightly move my body to the right and vice versa...you need to be soft with your movement, it's hard, but trust me, i'm getting better after some games, the new sens is a buff that we console players needed. If you don't want to rush things, you can start to 60% and increase it gradually

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

Well there's a difference between great sensitivity and extreme sensitivity.

I have no doubt that someone can get used to it eventually, but it's quite hard to get used to a higher sensitivity if you're not used to it at all. Although you could argue that everything is "hard to learn" when you're not used to it.

• AnnoyedAtTheGame
    Options

Someone please help me PS4.

Before the update I was playing 100% sensitivity on both survivor and killer and it was amazing. It was spot on.

Now the update has made it so it's absolutely shocking to even hit a survivor now.

So if before was 100% for killer, now would be 50%? 60%? 70%? 80%? sensitivity???????

What number % do I need to have my game set to so it was like playing before?

I honestly can't even hit a survivor with a basic attack. I had troubles yesterday and managed one match. Today, I managed 1 match. 2 days in a row now I can't play because of how bad the sensitivity is for me.

• FireHazard
    edited April 2020
    Options

Change it from 100% to the suggested 50% above, see if that will help.

You can ask a friend to have a Custom Match with you to test around the sensitivities. This will save you time with waiting for an answer and I personally feel it's the best option you can use. If you ask for sensitivity suggestions in the comments, than you won't really be able to figure out what sensitivity is right for you. If you test it in-game with a friend though, you can figure this out a lot faster.

• AnnoyedAtTheGame
    Options

Isn't their any devs note anywhere so we can compare now from before? I'd say something but the devs are banning people for writing negative posts. I think they have never heard the phrase " Don't fix something that isn't broken ".

0 friends on the game.

• FireHazard
    edited May 2020
    Options

I'm not really going to comment on the devs banning players part, the devs have their own reasons for what they do, but I will say that they don't play players that don't agree with their changes... That's not really realistic.

As for the question, I don't personally know if there's anything stated in the patch notes about the previous sensitivity. At a quick glance in the patch notes, there was a change to the controller sensitivity but that's about it. I can't really confirm any theories you might have about this either, but if it was unintentional than I'm sure the devs are aware of it.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816
    Options

Basically they doubled the senstivity so just go down to 50% and it'll be the same as before

• FireHazard
    edited May 2020
    Options

I personally never even noticed the sensitivity change if you want me to be honest, but yeah, that's basically the blunt explanation.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816
    Options

Howd you not notice it? Its such a big difference. Do you usually play games with high senstivity?

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,056
    Options

Since nobody has specifically said it, for clarity's sake I wanted to note that controller sensitivity was increased in the last update. If I remember correctly it was doubled, which is why do many are saying to knock it down to 50%, as that is what 100% used to be. I've tried a few games at 75% and it's seemed all right to be, not counting a need to get used to it.

• bangbison
    bangbison Member Posts: 104
    edited May 2020
    Options

I remember them saying they were changing it to 200% sensitivity in the update. So 100% now would be 200% before. So 50% now would be the old 100%. They kept these in so you could use the low settings still if you liked it that way.