Suggestion: Dynamic Killer Melee reaches. (Hitboxes.)

Options
Cixon
Cixon Member Posts: 133
edited May 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Examples:

Cannibal / Clown / GhostFace / Huntress / Legion / Nightmare / Pig / Plague / Shape: Slightly Shorter Reach.

Demogorgon / Doctor / Hag / Hillbilly / Nurse: Default Reach (Medium)

Deathslinger / Oni / Spirit / Trapper / Wraith: Slightly Longer Reach

Post edited by Cixon on

Comments

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,377
    Options

They did this once with movement speed and trust me it got changed something like this doesn't stand much of a chance to be implemented or even if it is staying. Also shape deserves longer lunge have you seen how much effort that man puts into his swings.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652
    Options

That just adds another layer of tweaks that can make or break a character with honestly no benafit to the game, itll only make certain killers worse just to do so, I find that very unwise

• Cixon
    edited May 2020
    Options

Eh I disagree. It's just a way to balance all the killers to make up for the lack of literal sense for the killers.

It doesn't make sense that a freddy has the same reach as someone with a katana. It just doesn't make sense.

Movement speed isn't the same. Also this topic is on length not lunge.

Post edited by Cixon on
  • immortalls96
    Options
  • Cixon
    edited May 2020
    Options

There's nothing wrong with adding another layer of balancing to the game. It wouldn't be hard to add 2 new hit boxes for the killers. I don't see a problem with it.

I think it's hard to accept that some killers shouldn't have the same reach as others.

• Lexilogo
    Lexilogo Member Posts: 587
    Options

The issue with this is that animations would need to be re-examined as the hitboxes would have to accurately reflect both first and third-person animations to work out, and, to be honest, as a Killer I think having significantly varying hitboxes in first-person swipes depending on Killer selection might start screwing with my muscle memory and accurately gauging if I can make a lunge or not.

• Magikazam
    Magikazam Member Posts: 182
    Options

''It doesn't make sense that a freddy has the same reach as someone with a katana. It just doesn't make sense.''

If were going to put realism in the game then I will make this game horrible for you

It dosent make sense that a katana can break a wood pallet, katana are fragile therefor it should break.

Survivor aren't suposed to have that much blood, if they drop blood for more than 2 minute and a half they automaticly die.

It don't make sense survivor can run after getting unhook, they got slashed twice and got pieced by a hook, they should be on dying state off the hook and take trice as much time to heal

It dosen't make sense survivor wave their hand near generator to repair it, they should find various tools that can all break to repair each single generator.

It dosent make sense Billy simply get stop when he run and hit a small wall/object in his path, he should drop his chainsawn, spin over the wall/object and break his neck, therefor survivor win.

I can go all day...

• Cixon
    Options

I don't know if they'd need to change the animations persay...shortening/lengthing the hitbox should be enough. Though it may be something to get use, it shouldn't really effect you much unless you were to main a long reached killer as it's only slightly.

• Cixon
    Options

Lol. I'm just talking about hitboxes. Not the world everyone lives in on Dead by daylight. If you want to make the game realistic goto another thread.

• Cixon
    Options

The reason I made this post is because I feel like it's missing. Hitboxes should be dynamic for both survivor and killers. Not just a single standard for all types. For a asymmetrical game, it's too repetitive.

When I do play survivor I underestimate some killers reaches ALOT. Like Legion and Ghostface because they carry knifes. So I can see this doing a favor for new players and current ones as well as they know what they're getting into not only what special abilities the killer's have wise but their reach as well.

Lunges are all the same for every killer so that doesn't change at all as it shouldn't to begin with. It's how far their hit box for their physical attack can reach is what the topic of this discussion is.

• Magikazam
    Magikazam Member Posts: 182
    Options

No matter how you look at it, it would be a nerf to certain killer and the balance already in a horrible state. It dosen't help killer relly a Lot of that for chase and reducing reach would make some loops near vault impossible to win for those killers with short range. Add on the fact you propose NO BUFF WHATSOEVER for killer with short range.

• immortalls96
    Options

Another layer of balancing that is not needed..even either one different lunge for 110 killers it was horrible..doing more would do nothing but make killer less appealing which is the last thing the game needs rn

• Cixon
    Options

Not everything needs a incentive. I don't understand the dbd community. Everyone expects something in return to make up for lack of etc etc.

Survivor mains expect killers to get some sort of a nerf when their toolboxes are reworked and same goes for killers.

Change isn't bad. If the game doesn't eventually get new tweaks added to keep the games stability, the game will never get any more popular. Instead it will be the same repetitive nature it's always been 2 years ago. Not saying the overall objectives need to be change but there should be more dynamic ways to do them.

I think adding another layer of balancing is good because there is lack of it in dbd. Only serious balancing that I felt was needed was toolboxes. Hook respawn rates didn't need much of a change but they did it anyways and much weren't pleased with it but oh well we still play the game.

• immortalls96
    Options

Sabo isnt healthy but they wanted it in the game in a semi healthy state , that's very different than making a change that will undermine every balance change made to loops..its just not worth

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,377
    Options

The movement speed was tied to the lunge at one point was the point I was making, if you are gonna disregard a point at least think before you do it.