Breaking hooks permanently (but not instantly)

Vadim239
Vadim239 Member Posts: 217
edited August 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

What I am suggesting, is to allow players break hooks permanently** only after breaking it twice**, so that it you'll have to break a hook, wait for 2 minutes recovery and break it again permanently. There are so many hooks, and you'll need to wait for such a long time that if by that point the killer won't kill you, he's not so good at this game. I'm asking to bring back this mechanics because it was so much fun playing back in the days. And I remember that killers managed to kill anyway. As for Hangman's Trick, let it work as it is, and if a killer took this perk, his hooks will not break permanently at all. This way, we can make the gameplay more interesting. Let me ask you this. IF breaking the hook is pointless nowadays (because there's always another hook nearby), then why does it still exist? Why do we need such useless mechanics? People still to this day break hooks but only for daily rituals.

Post edited by Vadim239 on

Comments

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    edited August 2018

@ArecBalrin said

Survivors keep claiming there are more hooks but produce not a shred of evidence for it. In reality there has been no change to number of hooks per map, but the pattern in which they spawn, leaving places where they cluster and places where there is no chance of reaching one even without any being broken or used. Survivors only remember the former case, this is confirmation-bias at work.

• Vadim239
    edited August 2018

Okay, My mistake. There are only 8 hooks probably. Not so many. But why not make the time of recovering hooks like 4 or 5 minutes at least. Why? Why should it be so quickly?

Post edited by Vadim239 on
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

It's 3 minutes at the moment, and takes 4 minutes for a Survivor to bleed out on the ground.

• Vadim239
    edited August 2018

I'm not suggesting to let the survivors break hooks easily. Let it be very hard. Idk. Maybe even after the third breaking only. But there is no such possibility. It would make the game much more fun. Because now the gameplay is like repairing, running away, or hiding. That's it.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771

This is the meta you are asking for.

• Vadim239
    edited August 2018

Why not? At least breaking hooks will make sense. 4 people need to go and break every hook on the map. wait for 3 minutes and break them all again. That will take a lot of time. AND that will work only if the killer didn't take Hangman's trick. In this way the hooks will recover. Make it even harder to break hooks, but leave the opportunity there. Don't take it away. It was fun.

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

why killer have the most useless peks in the game ? Just for one's i hope surr stop cry about everything they want to have.

• Orion

@Vadim239 said:
    Why not? At least breaking hooks will make sense.

It still makes sense. If you don't think 3 minutes is a hell of a long time, I can only assume you've never played at high rank.

• Vadim239
    edited August 2018

I know killers are weaker now than survivors. But I'm not asking to make it easy to break hooks. It's not a buff of the survivors. Its about the gameplay mechanics that is useless. And to make it more interesting is to add a slightest possibility to break all the hooks. Which can be done very seldom because it will be so hard to do. Thats what I'm asking

• Vadim239

1800 hours in this game and it is only repairing, saving, running away or hiding. Repairing, saving, running away, hiding. Boring.

• LadyMatika
    LadyMatika Member Posts: 34

when the player playing the killer camps I go into the next game and take down the hooks when they come up again I take them down again , gives me points so I really don't care, ticks off the person playing the killer also , but hey if they wouldn't camp me I wouldn't take down the hooks . although I have been leaving the new ones for the barbecue alone just take down the regular ones , I mean dude they got the cellar you can't take them down so why do the killers get mad when you take down the hooks especially when they come back up sooner or later in the game , ya gotta admit some players take this game way, way to serious lol a lot to serious

• Orion

@LadyMatika said:
    when the player playing the killer camps I go into the next game and take down the hooks when they come up again I take them down again , gives me points so I really don't care, ticks off the person playing the killer also , but hey if they wouldn't camp me I wouldn't take down the hooks . although I have been leaving the new ones for the barbecue alone just take down the regular ones , I mean dude they got the cellar you can't take them down so why do the killers get mad when you take down the hooks especially when they come back up sooner or later in the game , ya gotta admit some players take this game way, way to serious lol a lot to serious

"This one person did something I don't like, so I was an ######### to the next random person of the same group"
    10/10 logic.

• Vadim239

If we give a Killer the 5th perk slot, and let the survivors break hooks completely but only after the second time, and that will be equal I think.

• Orion

Permanent hook breaking is not coming back, ever, unless you enjoy bleeding out on the floor for 4 minutes because there aren't any hooks left. Stop trying to make it seem OK to deprive the Killer of all but the basement hooks.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

So... i'm gonna tell a little story.
    Once upon a time i was playing for daily that wants me to collect an item and escape. So i took my buddy Ace and opened a chest. It was Alex's Toolbox so i screw it let's survive. I get found get downed (i'm not amazing okay?) and put on hook. Don't get saved till the 2nd hook so i just whatever and sabo 2 hooks that were near (all of the charges almost) and do a gen near. Magically Billy comes running straight at me so i just (using my brain of knowing i wouldn't escape nowhere) i just go to the corner. He picks me up and realizes he doesn't have any near hooks. So he just slugs me and stays over me. He waited for the hooks to respawn and killed me. End of Story (no one escaped btw)

• Vadim239

@Orion said:
    Permanent hook breaking is not coming back, ever, unless you enjoy bleeding out on the floor for 4 minutes because there aren't any hooks left. Stop trying to make it seem OK to deprive the Killer of all but the basement hooks.

I will enjoy bleeding out on the ground. I always take unbreakable, ds, adrenaline.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

I'd rather have devs rework sabotage than implementing perma-sabo again. Before the nerf, sabo was totally not fun to play against, and even survivor would get salty when you slugged them, so it was just a loose-loose situation.

• Orion

@Vadim239 said:

@Orion said:

I will enjoy bleeding out on the ground. I always take unbreakable, ds, adrenaline.

Now we get to why you want to break hooks permanently. Thanks for outing yourself.

• Vadim239

@Orion said:

@Vadim239 said:

@Orion said:

Now we get to why you want to break hooks permanently. Thanks for outing yourself.

Are you talking about manners? because most of the time killers don't care about manners. They take hex ruin, they facecamp, they tunnel without any reason (without Dying light, Remember me ,,,) Yeah, I'm not embarassed to say that I'm using those perks. I don't use DS when the killer is weak and can't kill anyone...

• Vadim239
    edited August 2018

@Orion said:

You said as if it will be bad for the survivor to be on the ground and bleed. They'll find a way to survive.

• Vadim239

If a killer had the 5th perk, why not take Iron grasp everytime or Agitation?

• Orion

@Vadim239 said:

If you'd played Killer, ever, you'd know that's not enough for a basement hook, which would be the only hooks left on the map if Survivors were to have permanent hook breaking back.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

Never going to happen, it was changed for a reason and that was mainly due to survivors complaining not killers.

The meta back then consisted of IG and Agi to try and get survviors to the basement, being slugged for four minutes every game because some idiot thought it was fun to sabo was never fun, now its a lot more tactical with the 99% strat at least.

There are also those survivors who would run to the far off corner when no hooks were left knowing the killer couldn't reach the basement just prolonging the game for no reason.

• Vadim239
    edited August 2018

@twistedmonkey said:
    Never going to happen, it was changed for a reason and that was mainly due to survivors complaining not killers.

The meta back then consisted of IG and Agi to try and get survviors to the basement, being slugged for four minutes every game because some idiot thought it was fun to sabo was never fun, now its a lot more tactical with the 99% strat at least.

There are also those survivors who would run to the far off corner when no hooks were left knowing the killer couldn't reach the basement just prolonging the game for no reason.

I remember those times. But back then it was so easy and quick to break the hooks. Hear me out. I want it to be time requiring as hell, and very difficult to break them all. And by the way. The killers do have Hangman's trick. If the killer takes it, the breaking hooks idea will not work in this case.

• Vadim239

@Orion said:

@Vadim239 said:

If you'd played Killer, ever, you'd know that's not enough for a basement hook, which would be the only hooks left on the map if Survivors were to have permanent hook breaking back.

If breaking hooks is difficult enough and time requiring, the killer will kill them all before they even break them for the first time, when they can recover. And if, somehow, they managed to do it, they still need to do gens. And there will be some around the basement.

• JaPonii
    JaPonii Member Posts: 91

Hangman's Trick

Get CUCKED!