The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

DC penalty time jump too harsh

JayDoesGames
JayDoesGames Member Posts: 264
edited May 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

I'm all for the DC penalty, but what about those that have genuine disconects and get punished for it? I think it's quite a step to go from 1 hour to 6, and so on.

Comments

• EvanRaven
    EvanRaven Member Posts: 194

If you know your connection is trash, you shouldn't play online games.

• JayDoesGames
    edited May 2020

It doesnt always come down to that. My partner plays on switch, has a stable connection, yet sometimes (mainly at night) gets disconnected and punished for it which is unfair. They try to get the timer down, only for it to randomly happen again and see a bigger jump.

• EvanRaven
    EvanRaven Member Posts: 194

The devs can't tell if a dc is intentional or not. And also disconnects really f*ck up your team. This happens in other online games like overwatch, paladins, etc.

You just gotta get used to it, or play when your connection is stable.

Also don't update or install other games when you are playing because that messes with your connection aswell.

If you have other people who are using the same wifi as you that can also mess up the connection. Depends on what they are doing.

• JayDoesGames

I'm totally with you, and i like the DC penalty, but at times I think it's too harsh. Maybe the timer could be lowed and still have the desired effect?

• Donleov
    Donleov Member Posts: 117

I agree