The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Dear Killers main stop blaming DS, You are just BAD

Comments

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

I don’t wonder because I do a similar style. It’s the most enjoyable way to play the game for everyone and it’s confirmed by good emblems and high blood points.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

The killer is the one who tunneled them. DS is more a killer perk than anything. Think if it like this: This perk costs no perk slot, if you don't go after recently unhooked survivors they will have their perk slot wasted. Idk why you wouldn't use this perk tbh.

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899

All ds needs iss to deactivate if you go in a locker or if someone else is hooked while youre not down.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

Yeah, you're not funny.

Every time you put that Emoji it makes me smile at your pathetic attempt to derail the topic.

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522

Again, emblems and high BP is literally just the standard for killers. You'd practically have to AFK to not get a lot of BP as a killer, it's not something special that you're doing by following the *hidden rules*.

• Bovinity

If anyone is derailing anything, it's you and your strange claims about "hidden rules" as if they're anything other than a fantasy of yours, and "I get high BP as a killer!" as if that's not the absolute norm for everyone.

• bubba_is_bubba
    bubba_is_bubba Member Posts: 171

Nope. I'm not telling that. I never said that. I'm just saying that most of the people blaming DS and asking to remove DS are just Bad Killers. If you encounter DS it's because you are just a hardcore tunneler or you are unable to count 60 seconds, your choice.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

You're right, it's not the norm.

Killers get too desperate for a hook, they get hit with DS and then come to the forums and complain about it.

You seen an obsession in your lobby and what do you do? Start playing cautiously. Remember who you hooked, who wants your attention, who's jumping in and out of lockers, who's body blocking you. Slug them and move on.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited May 2020

"Its the killers job to know who was hooked last".

Meanwhile survivors get a notification whenever ruin, devour hope, lullaby, haunted grounds or noed comes into play.

• bubba_is_bubba
    edited May 2020

It's math. And your math is wrong (personal opinion)

Many times i did the first hook at the start of the match in the same amount of sec of Otzdarva (27sec including chase time, lucky situations).

And another one after about 20sec, probably more.

I dont know how you can do 2 hooks in 1min and to be ready for the third in 60sec (chase time + hook time for 3 people = 60 sec ?) .

Are you using some cheat engines ?

Sometimes you can put down 3 people almost instantly but it's not the standard and it doesnt happend very often unless it is a match in higher ranks.

Otherwise you are not telling the truth and you are just mad about DS because you did a super try hard harcore tunneling ^..^ .......

• Steel_Eyed

And this is a problem why? Devour Hope notification comes from the first hit after three stacks. NOED is the same where they learn after you down someone.

I don’t know that there’s a ruin notifier but it’s obvious when the generator sparks.

So notifications for perks are a problem why?

• EvilJoshy
    edited May 2020

I just find it contradictory that you say the killer has to pay attention to details while survivors get all these notifications so they don't have to pay attention.

DH is perhaps the only proper hex perk because they don't get a notification until 3 stacks and you hit someone.

Lullaby and Ruin you get a notice the moment you touch a gen. I don't think there should be a notification. If you get downed in one shot assume dh, noed, or haunted grounds ect.

Not just hex perks but other things as well. When I play trapper and run a diamond stone. If someone steps in a trap they get a notice saying "If you free yourself your getting downed"

• Han
    Han Member Posts: 196

we really need a funny section for threads like this.

• Steel_Eyed

Killers get a notification that survivors might have DS from the obsession symbol and an actual notification when being DS’d on the right with a timer in the bottom right (similar to Devour Hope don’t you think?).

The bottom left also informs the killer without a visual who is hooked, in dying state, and injured without literally seeing the survivors. Along with names and the characters they chose are in the settings.

Both sides have to pay attention. This is a silly argument.

• EvilJoshy

Obsession doesnt mean jack. You can run DS and not be the obsession. I never run DS cause I think it's a crutch perk and Im always the obsession -.- If you down someone and pick them up you have no idea if they have DS until you get hit by it. Both sides have to pay attention. No argument there but one clearly gets more help from the UI.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Actually it punishes people regardless. While it primarily affects newer killers who do face camp it also effects experienced killers who are effective at getting hooks.

The perk is heavily abused by some survivors because they can call out a killer for tunneling. That's the real reason killers want it changed. Yes there are people who want it nerfed so they can tunnel, but some want it because its necessary for the ones who don't.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Interestingly the pro-DS threads usually say either the same as you or that it's not an anti-tunnelling perk so it doesn't matter if it hits killers that aren't tunnelling.

I'm not completely anti-DS btw, it just can be a bit ridiculous in some situations.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

The perk is abused a lot,the perk is just survivor can do whatever they want you can't touch me perk.there needs to be deactivate if you go in a locker or if someone else is hooked that would fix the abuse.

• Megaguardain
    Megaguardain Member Posts: 107

I'm a Killer main and I don't understand the hate for Decisive? It's a useful perk for Survivors, even if it can get annoying. Usually I'll down an unhooked Survivor and go "You have Decisive, don't you?" as I'm picking them up and then I get stunned because they do have it. I will say, it can get annoying if EVERYONE has it, but it doesn't really hinder me much.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

Dear Survivor mains stop blaming NOED you are just bad

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Same with DS.

I myself think both are OP and will not run them.

They both reward failure, they both are crutches.

I understand some killers are hard tunnelers, that is why we loop, pound gennys, use BT, tank hits for teammates.

• Bovinity

Forum Survivors: DS isn't just an anti-tunneling perk! It has other uses.

Also Forum Survivors: If you got hit by DS you're a facecamping, tunneling noob.

• bubba_is_bubba

Yes, there are some ridicolous situations. I was playing survivor. I take the hook, a mate unhook me, the killer tunnel me, i fall to the ground close a mate on the hook, the killer take DS, i unhook the mate, i escape safely.

This is clearly a situation, i dont call it abuse, with PROS and CONS. if you abuse, like i did, you are after that in an unhealty situation. Your risk, you have the choice in game and i've choosed to take risks. If saving failed, i got second hook and probably i was finishing the match after that.

• Bovinity
    edited May 2020

That actually sounds pretty normal, not all that ridiculous at all. It's well within the (presumed) intended use of the perk, and you spent a full perk slot just to do that one thing.

The instances where I think DS/BT get a little absurd are fairly specific and don't come up that often, which is why I don't really rail against them too much.

• MPUK
    MPUK Member Posts: 357

It isn't the norm for everyone at all. Campers come out with next to no BP. If a tunneller chooses the wrong person to try and tunnel, same thing, next to no points.

Playing like a dick by camping and tunnelling isn't a positive. I know you think you're a good player when you do it but you're not.

I'd rather just play a fair game where I try and ensure everyone has a pleasant time than play like a dick and then say bullshit about "salt" in the endgame chat. "Oh you're so salty, I love it" of course you do, you play like a ######### to get attention because you're starved of it elsewhere.

I don't main either side, I play both up to rank 1. So don't give me the survivor rulebook bullshit. I just don't subscribe to the play like a ######### book.

• Bovinity
    edited May 2020

That's an awful lot of assuming about what I do or don't do, with insults to go along with them.

I guess it's ok if you like to jump into conversations and start chewing someone out and insulting them over what you assume their gameplay is, all while trying to paint yourself as the better person. Kinda ironic, but you do you I guess.

• Aneurysm

The situation you described sounds like how DS is supposed to work, nothing wrong with that and the killer should have no reason to complain. But like I posted a while back when I hooked several survivors just before the last gen got done and got striked 3 times at the exit gate, when by definition I can't be tunnelling three people. That's more what I mean by ridiculous.

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 604

Oh well, they already said that they are looking at DS changes

• bubba_is_bubba
    edited May 2020

I hope not @Pirscher game will be less balanced if they nerf ds.

I understand the feeling but if you took 3 ds at the exit it means you did 3 hook immediately before that. Nice goal but it means too that you didnt a lot of hooks in game ? I dont want to do the teacher, and i'm not doing that (it's a game and im using it to relax before and after the work), but my statement sounds like correct. That said there can be funny situations like that but don't say it's the standard, it's not.

• Aneurysm

I didn't do that well in the game no, but a triple DS still suggests it's more powerful than just a tool to stop tunnelling. It's not really uncommon either, I've been on the other side too a lot of times as survivor only getting out the exit gates because of DS, only being able to save another survivor in endgame because we both have DS active and even if slugged we can both crawl out before the time expires.

• Steel_Eyed

It does mean jack. An Obsession means a player may have Decisive Strike. If you’re the Obsession without Obsession perks, either the killer brought an Obsession perk or another survivor brought something to reduce their chance of being the Obsession. Also meaningful information to pay attention to.

At least we agree that both sides pay attention now but the idea that killers are unfairly treated with their forms of receiving information is a biased stand point. There are tons of things that could be taken away from killers that would handicap the killer experience. Remember Ghostface had a bugged HUD that sometimes removed it when he first released? Not an easy game.

Maybe we’re so used to all the features as killer that you can forget how important it is.

Also I 100% bring DS and encourage you to as well.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

Oh accusions, that's new.

Anyway, i'm playing nurse on R1, so i can easily down three people in sixty seconds. My point is, that after two hooks and chases the person with DS goes for the unhook. I don't got timers for all survivors.

• bubba_is_bubba

In which rank do you play ? Not judging, not saying you are bad, neither you are good, it's a game after all and first goal is to have fun. I'm just curious as a child who see first time candies ^..^ Lol ive seen these monstrosities only on high ranks or when i started to play killer and i was paired vs red ranks. I did hooks but i was sweating like a "pig" and sbaam, ds punishment at the exit ^..^ (Interesting time looking back in time).

• bubba_is_bubba
    edited May 2020

No accusations @NursesBootie , it's just weird, strange, it's not a common thing and i think you agree with me.

Timers? If i can count 60 and i remember who went down (and i'm older than you, i'm sure 99.99%) you can do it 1.000.000 times better than me. I know, it's boring, but you know better than me that it works.

+1 for Nurse, respect 100%, i would like to use the old lady too but i'm really really bad with her :(

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

It's difficult to count to sixty parallel for three people while playing nurse lol. I just don't think DS is really an anti-tunnel perk.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

Obvious bait thread, but I’ll bite. Ds is the most crutch perk in the game. Anyone that uses it on me dies 100% of the time (and the rest of their teammates too). I eat the stun, blink right back to them and...poof.

• bubba_is_bubba

Bait thread ? Yes and No. I've seen too many thread blaming for DS that i was bored so i said my opinion. I'm not good, i'm not bad in this game but i've done many many hours to say with confidence that most (not everyone) of the killers blaming DS are .... just ... hardcore tunnelers or inexperienced players who are stalking a single survivor for 4-5 gen and then get the stun in post match.

let's call it a post-it thread, not a bait thread 😁

And since you have more hours than me (you cannot master the old lady in a few hours) you can confirm my statement.

• OniKobayashi
    OniKobayashi Member Posts: 274

Taking a step back and looking at the whole picture, you'd realize DS isn't a difficult perk to work around. It is, however, entirely up to the Killer to eat it or don't eat it. Competent Killers can eat a DS and still get momentum back from it, while bad Killers were doomed from the start. The only pain DS brings me is when its used strategically by SWFs who know when to use it best.

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398

Yes DS isn't a 60 second force field and not broken when combined unbreakable/s

• bubba_is_bubba

Nice 😁That's what i think (and i laugh, a bit) when someone asks developer the removal of DS.

• Dzeikor
    Dzeikor Member Posts: 704

ds is fine - "entitled survivor main"

• Aneurysm

Usually purple or red. I used to only play killer for a bit each month to avoid red ranks which were kinda sweaty for me but now I get red survivors at any rank there's no point in stopping. I just play for fun too but still ranking up gradually despite playing stupid builds, memeing my way to the top with territorial imperative demogorgon 😅

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Killers and Survivors need to stop blaming perks for their losses, and start realizing that maybe the other players are... I don' t know: Better? Shocking, I know!

Could NoED and DS be made a bit more fair? Sure. And I think it's worth discussing. But most of the time it's unlikely you lost because of either of those perks. It's either the difference in skill level, or more rarely, something else wrong with the game. (Maps and Keys for killers, Moris and Face Camping for survivors)

• bubba_is_bubba
    edited May 2020

Shocking truth, it hurts most of the time. I agree with everything. Speaking Killer side (i speak for myself) i lose usually for a baaaad build (i like to change build often with spirit since i play her 99% times, it's boring otherwise), many many errors in match and great survivors. Fact.

And i don't blame for DS, neither for DH. You win, you lose, it happens.

• bubba_is_bubba
    edited May 2020

I "hate" you @YuiKim , i wanted to say the same thing.

• 1) The Guy, i think was playing in Red Rank, knows that every single player has DS (at least 3 in match if not 4). If somone unhook one in front of you, you insta-chase him, you pick him up instantly, you face DS, everyone knows that, even WALLS. If you do a video about that it means you are just doing a MEME.
    • 2) if you dont do regression to a gen close to you, it's your mistake, it's not DS mistake.....
    • 3) if you play in Red Ranks and you dont use perks to slow down the game, to do gen regression, ecc.. ecc.. it's your fault, dont blame DS if gen are fast...
    • 4) Last update is more than ever Killer friendly (less safe zones, less pallets, less windows, ecc.. ecc..). If your performances as Killer in game are worst than before, you have to rethink your strategy, something is wrong with your build, with your gameplay, .. ecc. ecc.., not with DS.
  • Schmierbach
    Schmierbach Member Posts: 468

The main issue with DS is it discourages the player from increasing their skillset and overall knowledge of the game. Playing with perks that erase your mistakes for you ultimately harms you as a player, but if you play with out them you put yourself in a situation where you are actively trying to learn from your past mistakes, iron out those flaws, and perfect your potential as a player.

I do understand that some people are adverse to learning or embracing new ideas or playstyles so its ultimately up to each player in the end.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

The only anti tunnel perk in the game is BT, every other "anti tunnel" perk is just a crutch

• oh_0k
    oh_0k Member Posts: 712

Seriously tho why do survivors only think killers can only get stunned by ds if they're standing right in front of the hook and immediately down the unhooked survivor?

Why do survivors ignore all those times where killers get hit by ds even if they fairly outplayed the survivor at the loop or a survivor jumps into a locker as soon as the killer gets near them, if they killer leaves they get back on the gen, but if the killer stays the other survivors are free to do gens, and if the killer eats ds the survivor can just run across map.

Let's not pretend ds is only used for anti tunnel and not as a free escape that rewards bad survivors and punishes good killers