The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Custom Game Idea

Would it be possible to add bots to the Custom Game Mode? Just as a way to test out various builds or to test skill?

I'm not a programmer, so I don't know how hard this would be to implement, if at all. But it was just an idea I had.

Comments

• skullface
    skullface Member Posts: 2

it would be nice to practice killers you struggle with against bots like nurse or else depip to rank 16

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

AI is one of, of not the, hardest and most complicated things to program. So the answer is in theory yes, in practice not necessarily. It's not too difficult to have a bot like those in the tutorial who follow a set path and do a particular action, but creating a bot against which players could test their skill would require developing an AI capable of imitating the rational and moral thought patterns of a real human being, which would be incredibly time-consuming and probably wouldn't improve the game proportionally to the amount of resources it would take to develop.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

All I want to do is be able to go into maps, with or without bots I don't mind.

It would help me practice my Nurse, Huntress and possibly find a golden toolbox.

• Megaguardain
    Megaguardain Member Posts: 107

Yeah, I figured. It'd be a neat idea for a Practice Mode of sorts.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

It sure would. At the very least, I'd like to have what @CheersTC suggested and be able to enter a custom game in single player to use as a practice arena.