Infinite Penalty for VPN players (see post.)

Options
Cixon
Cixon Member Posts: 133

Make it so if a VPN software is detected, they are unable to connect to match-making until they disable it or close the application.

In the event they activate VPN during a match or while matchmaking, disconnect the user from the game giving them a DC penalty.

Comments

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671
    Options

but they dont want survivors to have ANY information about the killer. I've already posted about this issue too because VPN users completely change the game and they know it. This is abusing the system and actually needs to be bannable. Not Permanent, but escalating soft bans.

At this point its all money involvement. They want the best cheap servers they can get(understandably, this game doesn't have a sub fee). They, unfortunately, would have to allocate money for this.

I would honestly chip in if they tried to Patreon money for better servers so long as they involved a metric like this. I'm sick of Goku wearing killer skins and teleport ######### slapping me every other game after 5pm CST lol

• Ebisek
    Ebisek Member Posts: 106
    Options

1) This game have NO DEDICATED server and never had. Dedicated server means that all data from all sessions are crunched by the server. Not by the killer session and beautiful green ping icon measure some ping to the gateway in the middle between killer and survs. You can see lot of hits over 5 meters distance or hits by walking killer. Why? Because game trust to the laggy killers with 200ms+ ping where the survivors are running to the walls due to killer lag and killer just pick the survivors in his laggy session. This is the root cause of all problems.

2) VPN is technology which may helps in some specific cases. I would like to avoid hates to VPN just because VPN. If you have great VPN provider, he is also able to provide optimized routing via CDN and your traffic can be passed via one transit fiber to the Hamburg from Vienna and not via 4 transit networks around the europe, because your legacy provider have no BGP optimization agains DBD access gateways. Sometimes it's better, sometimes it's worse.

3) Instead of banning VPN software, game should have mechanics for server/client connection testing and region selecting. If someone have good connectivity from the mid EU to Spain or Italy, there is no reason to force it just to the Hamburk server with terrible queue times during the night.

!!! But, game should block him if he started abusing high ping. And doesn't matter if due to china VPN or just poor home wi-fi interference with microwave owen.

• elvangulley
    elvangulley Member Posts: 569
    Options

Wait Minute you are complaining about vpns completely changing the game and the unfair advantage but comms are the same the game isn't designed for for you need to keep that same energy and call out comms

• Cixon
    Cixon Member Posts: 133
    Options

Either way, VPN isn't required to play the game and it's a luxury to have. Doesn't matter what the ping is, if they're using a VPN in anyway possible they should be unable to connect to any match until VPN is disabled or closed.

In contrast, players that don't use VPN and just have poor connectivity, the game should notify everyone in the lobby that:

"<this user> has 100+ms, you may leave now to find new lobby or continue as usual."

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671
    Options

Please don't make this about comms. Just stop. I also don't SWF. Ever. 2k hours 99% of it is solo.

This is about VPNs, don't thread jack.

Players using VPNs affect everybody, this is NOT like "swf comms op". Dedicated servers are already great value-esq. VPN usage makes it worse. And i'll throw your "swf comms op" in there too if that will make you feel better. So if a killer has a 4man SWF connecting from Russia/China to the USA, the game will be complete butt with extra butt on the side.

People playing with VPNs cause a lot of:

-Rubberbanding making it difficult to hit players as killer/stun as survivor.

-Killer goes "Omae wa mou shindeiru" Mode

-Unintentional DCs putting the game at a disadvantage or causing the tide to turn, or ends the game in the killer's case.

-Extreme hit distance. Not just "hitbox broke" or "dedicated servered". Been M1'd from 40+ feet away, no heartbeat. All of a sudden BAM i'm down.

If I can go 2-3 games in a row without some kind of BS, the whole day officially went well. Don't even get me started on making us play with people who have game/vac bans, as those games are always extremely toxic in my experience.