Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Pre-game setup for killers

What do you guys think about the idea of implementing a 30-60 second pre-game setup for killers?

The idea is simple and wouldn't be that hard to implement. You would just have the killer load in a preset amount of time before the survivors do which could be similar to games like Overwatch (defense teams) or Deathgarden for example. The survivors would spawn in an isolated room, and when the match starts they are teleported into where they are supposed to go for the map.

One of the biggest complaints people have as certain killers is they don't have enough time to set up quick enough at the beginning of a match. Once they have finally set up, a generator or even two is already done before they even have gotten into a chase. BHVR's solution to this so far has been perks that slow down the start, as well as things like nerfing gen speeds or reducing map size. To me these are all band-aids fixes but I feel like this could be more than a band-aid if handled properly.

So what can killers do before the match starts?

The killer can place their belongings wherever they want before the match even starts! This would work for things like Trapper traps, Hag Traps, Plague fountains, Jigsaw traps, Freddy pallets/pools, Demogorgon portals, etc.

The killer can also setup Hex totems virtually wherever they want. Not necessarily anywhere, but at any of the preset locations already existing in the game...that way it's not extremely powerful but it at least removes the RNG aspect of Hex totems spawning in awful positions.

What about killers who do not have a hex totem or power that relies on pre-game setup?

For this to work, even killers who don't have a reason to setup would still load in early. However, they can still use the time wisely for things such as: Map scouting, (locating what tiles spawned in, any strong tile combinations to avoid) Generator preparation (looking at where generators have spawned and planning for which ones to attack first)

I admit it's not as useful for killers who don't rely on any of the things I mentioned above, but 30-60 seconds to me isn't that much of a time sink, and it wont be a huge nuisance for those who do not want to utilize the benefit.

What it does do though, is encourage killers to run more Hex totems. Most red rank killers don't bother running them because a strong team will take them out pretty fast. At least with this feature, killers can place it strategically.

I would love your guys thoughts on this, and ways to improve upon the idea. Thanks for the read!

Comments

• Grimreaper_
    Grimreaper_ Member Posts: 2

• Bleachod
    Bleachod Member Posts: 1

What do you think of the idea of having pumpkin head or one of the stranger things characters as a serial killer