A Suggested Buff for Any Means Necessary

So I believe I thought of a good buff for Any Means Necessary

You stand up for yourself, using whatever's on hand to gain an advantage.

Press and hold the Active Ability button for 4 seconds while standing beside a dropped Pallet 

to reset it to its upright position.

Any Means Necessary has a cool-down of 120/110/90 seconds.

Auras of Downed Pallets are revealed to you within 64/96/128 metres of Range

If people consider the range too strong it could always be 40/50/60 aura reading range instead.

I thought the added benefit of empathy but for downed pallets instead of survivors would be a cool added benefit to the perk.

Also for the love of god add a score event for Resetting a Pallet. Like "Pallet Restored" gain 300 Survival Points. :D

Please give feedback and don't be afraid to suggest your own buffs.

What do you think @Peanits and @Almo ?

Comments

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416

Would be nice.

• BeHasU
    BeHasU Member Posts: 830

Sounds cool to me

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I remember when killer were afraid this would become a new meta swf perk lol I don't mind the change but I'd definitely go with the lower 40/50/60m range.

• VentingSylar
    VentingSylar Member Posts: 177

Keep the feedback coming people. I dream to actually have this forwarded to the design team.

• VentingSylar

Come on people. I want a discussion. I want feedback!

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

I'm all for it and I don't see a problem with the long range for the aura reading.

• VentingSylar

Tbh I've never been bothered that it takes 4 seconds to reset a pallet. Makes it feel real at least to me since it is lifting a heavy pallet. Plus would make worthy of a 300 point score event for survival

Nice to hear to some feedback though

• Onyx_Blue
    Onyx_Blue Member Posts: 1,060

I use this perk all the time. However, giving aura reading of a dropped pallet within the range makes it seem like it treads on the toes of Windows Of Oppertunity a bit. I would love the score event for resetting a pallet, but I don't think it needs the aura aspect.

• sanki
    sanki Member Posts: 261

Well, compared with adding an aura reading ability to this perk, I prefer reducing the time that reset a dropped pallet.

However, it is just not a practical perk, sounds cool but cant buy your time.

• VentingSylar

Yeah but windows of opportunity shows standing pallets and vaults. at a shorter range. This suggestion means it would only show downed pallets at a long range to reduce the amount of time it takes to find downed pallets. Right now I love this perk as I usually rely on swf location callouts to find downed pallets and this would cut down on time significantly and make it usable for solo players aswell.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Seems like really nice buff to a very situational perk.

Because then you wouldn't have to waste your time to look for any drooped pallets on the map

• VentingSylar

Thank you. I hoping one of the community managers sees my idea so it can be sent to the design team.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Sounds as useless as it is right now to be honest.

Pallet pick up animation must be INSTANT (if you try to go for a double stun you risk getting hit/downed through the pallet) otherwise it will never be strong or fun enough to replace ANY meta perk OR decently strong perks.

Decisive Strike, Borrowed Time, Unbreakable, Dead Hard, Adrenaline, Iron Will, Sprint Burst, Prove Thyself, Kindred, Inner Strength etc etc etc

Why should you instead pick a perk that lets you pick up a pallet (IF THE KILLER DOESN'T BREAK IT STRAIGHT AWAY) a few times per match and requires you to stand still for 4 seconds?

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

I considered the silimiar buff for Windows of toxicity and people literally said that it will be hella broken with @Peanits Here I see that people now likes that idea lol.

• VentingSylar

Well some people (Like me) like niche perks like this. Not every perk has to be the next dead hard meta perk, and this suggested buff isn't supposed to make it that. Just a suggested quality of life update for it. Look at unrelenting, not the most appealing killer perk but if you're new and miss swings alot it can be very helpful. Same with Windows of Opportunity. I like it cause with SWF location callouts its pretty useful but its held back by its unnecessarily long cooldown and having to track down downed pallets which is time consuming. Giving Aura Reading on downed pallets would make it more appealing for solo players.

And no you can't make resetting pallets instant for 2 reasons. Claudette ain't trapper, she not someone who can just lift a pallet instantly, and it would give no counter play for killers. Its 4 seconds in my eyes for a reason so killers have time to still break it, but if they get stupid and try to mind game it while I'm resetting they're gonna eat another stun.

Personally I think it would be better off with a cooldown like Saboteur's 90/75/60. But some people might find that too strong. Hence why I suggested 120/110/90. Personally I'd like to see both cooldowns be tested.

• Yamaoka

All I'm saying is pretty much 95% of all perks in the game need significant buffs to make them SOMEWHAT relevant.

There is a reason no one (except for you?) uses Any Means Necessary.

Also the counterplay is braindead easy. Hit the survivor the moment the stun ends. During the PTB with Any Means Necessary Crunchy tried to double stun killers and got downed instead plenty of times as it's a measure of reaction times from both sides (and obviously a matter of latency as well).

On top of that I can use the braindead "just use x-perk" argument that people like to spam on these forums. In this particular case it would be Enduring.

As for the Claudette argument: Please don't try to apply realism to DBD.

If we go by realism all survivors would instantly die if I chainsawed through them. DBD is not a simulator - it's a horror themed action game that applies an unrealistic dimension and an entity feeds on the emotions of humanoid beings.

• VentingSylar

I'm not saying realism, I saying keeping the survivors grounded. There's a reason there's no perks that give invisibility yet. Perks are in the game to give advantages not super powers. Instantly lifting a pallet back up when you're a tiny asian girl like feng min is just too out there for me personally. But I appreciate your feedback on reducing the amount of time it takes to reset a pallet. I disagree with it but I understand it.

• VentingSylar

And I'm not the only one who uses it lol, so does @Onyx_Blue. There's literally dozens of us.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Sounds okay to me. I would probably cap the aura reading range at around 60 meters though.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

I can actually see that working tbh, would make it good.

• VentingSylar

Thank you. Keep the feedback coming people

• VentingSylar
    edited May 2020

Not a bad idea. 3.5 seconds is just slight enough of a change for it to be okay. Glad alot of people like the idea of "Pallet Empathy". I love this perk. It helps me save a game from potatoes who throw pallets for no reason and capitalize on killer mistakes. I had one game the pig tree pallet was thrown but not broken so I got to use that again.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

100/90/80 second cooldown

Aura reading of 20/40/60 meters

The animation should take 3 seconds instead of 4.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238
    edited May 2020

Just here to point out that 128m range is nearly "global" on most maps, thats why they made bond empathy work like that too.

Edited.

Post edited by Raptorrotas on
  • VentingSylar

I could be down for that. Good feedback. DEVS TAKE NOTES

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Getting the killer to leave a pallet up for 4 seconds isn't that hard. Your comparison of BT to a double pallet stun every couple of minutes is hilarious. Any Means Necessary shouldn't be a staple perk, it should fill a niche effectively(like Autodidact or Deliverance) and imo a reduced cooldown and limited aura reading is exactly what it needs to accomplish this goal. Basically, a perk doesn't need to be staple to be appealing and see use(like Boil Over and MoM). Don't you agree?

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,940

I'd just remove the Cooldown tbh. Since pallets are broken as soon as they're dropped it wouldn't change much anyways. It would make the Perk more dynamic and punish Killers who just bloodlust around pallets without breaking them in a chase.

Unsafe pallets are yeah.. unsafe. I'd still break them because good Survivors know how to loop unsafe pallets.

• Exor
    Exor Member Posts: 256

Thats a really good buff imo, although I would make it so its 32-40m at tier 3 instead, but overall it would be a fun perk to use as a survivor.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Seems a cool QoL change. +1

• VentingSylar

Omg thank you. I told the guy the same thing in my reply. Not every perk has to become the next dead hard or Decisive Strike.

• VentingSylar

Lots of great opinions and feedback in here which is what I like to see.

Lot of people think that resetting a pallet should be either 3 or 3.5 seconds so alot of people agree its currently too slow even though I personally don't mind 4 seconds.

People are divided on the aura reading range, some people think 128 metres is fine while others prefer the 60 metres or less.

Some people are okay with a 90 second cooldown while a good number of you think it should be less.

Lots of great feedback for @Peanits and the dev team to use.

Come on in people, keep the conversation going! :D

• VentingSylar

Also where the heck are the devs in all honestly? They haven't responded to a single post in a while. :/

• VentingSylar

Its getting lonely in this thread :(

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

IMO it should show downed pallets at any range so long as the perk is not on cooldown. Then you could use it as a sort of pallet use tracker.

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583

I mean you really shouldn't be going for a double stun in the first place. It's mostly to allow a loop to be reused, especially a really good one.

Like say your teammate gets downed at Killer shack, and they used the god pallet. While they're being taken to the basement/hook you can reset the pallet and bait the Killer to following you while another teammate goes for the hook save. Now Killer shack can be looped again.

• TraitorousLeopard
    TraitorousLeopard Member Posts: 156

Only issue is that this is basically a better Alert in addition to AMN's regular function. Unless your teammates are throwing the game by randomly dropping pallets, knowing where a dropped pallet is means knowing where the Killer is. Plus seeing the dropped pallet dissapear means you know when they're stopping to kick.

Maybe restrict it to pallets that have been dropped for 15-20 seconds? Then you'd know which ones were truly left alone, instead of seeing every pallet as it's dropped and kicked.

• Yamaoka

Every killer in the world breaks the shack pallet as soon as it's dropped, though. And if it's one of those killers that don't break pallets then you can loop them into oblivion anyways using the dropped pallets.

As a result the perk remains useless as it can only be used to reset pallets outside a chase.

Good killers break strong pallets immediately and bad killers can be looped even with bad windows so I really see no point in the perk as long as it has its requirements.

I guess I'll have to accept I will never face survivors with any fancy outside the box builds because people are too scared to buff mediocre perks.

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583

I used an example of a way it can be used. It's pretty situational regardless, you still have to be in the area to know the pallet was dropped in the first place. This is true for every pallet drop in every area of every map.

Again, it was just an example, I could have provided any other example, but Killer shack is something everyone recognizes immediately. I could have said "Y'know the 4th jungle gym in Coldwind Farm IV? Yeah there's a pallet there." Probably would have gotten an equally snarky nitpicky response, but that's just how the internet works I guess. People don't wanna read into the context and instead attack something at face value.

• Yamaoka

Decent killers break any strong pallet the second a survivor drops them but whatever. This topic doesn't interest me much since the developers will not touch this perk anyways so I'm not gonna waste my time discussing this topic any longer.

• calem
    calem Member Posts: 533

Damn you really hate niche perks? Guessing you always use Sprint Burst/Borrowed Time/Unbreakable/Decisive Strike in every game you play as survivor?

People like niche perks. They feel rewarding when you pull them off BECAUSE they aren't as good as the meta perks. People are free to have fun with whatever perks they want.

Plus, buffing these perks that aren't that good would be good for the game because maybe we'd finally get variety instead of the 4 survivors bringing 4 Decisive Strikes, 3 Dead Hards, 3 Adrenalines, 2 Unbreakables, 2 Borrowed Times and 2 Sprint Bursts. Personally as killer I LOVE seeing weird/interesting perk builds that survivors have used in the post-game lobby, though that rarely happens.

• DonZwiebel
    DonZwiebel Member Posts: 136

I love Any means necessary. It is so rewarding to hit the killer with the same pallet for a second time :-) especially when it is the shack pallet.

• VentingSylar

For me I love niche perks. AMN is no better or worse than unbreakable. Its not always gonna see use but when you do get to use it, especially multiple times, it feels great!

• VentingSylar

We need to bump this thread up. I'm not letting it die till the Devs acknowledge it. At there's been tons of great discussion and feedback in here.

• VentingSylar

I've seen the devs and community managers be a little more active lately. @Peanits what do you think of my idea, there's been lots of great feedback in this thread and I'd love for my design idea and the feedback from everyone here be considered and hopefully sent to the design team. Read through, you'll like what you see. :D

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,363

Im pretty sure they made it take 4 seconds so people couldnt stun a killer, lift it up and stun em again before the killer could move.

• VentingSylar

Yeah that's why I initially didn't suggest changing the 4 seconds, that said alot of people have given their feedback and think it should be 3 or 3.5 seconds which isn't a huge change mind you.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,363

At that point its just a change for the sake of changing something. The perk isnt really ment to be used mid chase, but rather when your NOT being chased by the killer.

• VentingSylar

That's why I didn't suggest changing the 4 seconds. I'm just saying the people in this thread are saying its too long

• VentingSylar

I'd also like to know why my thread was moved @MandyTalk maybe a message?