The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Rework the struggle phase of hook

Continually mashing a button add noting to the game. Issues:

1. DAMAGE TO EQUIPMENT FORM REPETITIVE HITTING... CLICKING.
  2. IT GET PAINFUL ON THE HAND ON XBOX CONTROLLER AFTER A WHILE.
  3. IT ADD NOTING OF JOY TO THE GAME THERE IS NO REASON TO DO IT
  4. A SPIKE IN LAG KILLS YOU INSTANTLY

If you must have a struggle phase put in constant skill checks with a big win window and small point rewards. 4x reward perk if the killer stays withing 8 meters. Make a win for the hooked. Possibly put in a sliver of white that if you hit it twice in a row you unhook. Something to make it better than ..............................................................mashing a button.

Comments

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

The dying when you are hitting the button is annoying and extremely frustrating. Maybe just hold down the button and if you let go it ends the struggle.

• trixsterjl
    trixsterjl Member Posts: 13

Acceptable and not kb/controller damaging.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

In the latest q&a they said the have no plans to remove this atm.

• hex_aw_beans
    hex_aw_beans Member Posts: 12

I don’t really have a good idea, but I hate spamming a key over and over. It should not be a thing.

• hangm_nn
    hangm_nn Member Posts: 43

The fact that the devs care so much about updating graphics and not dealing with what needs to be addressed is beyond stupid. For the last day it feels like I've gotten arthritis from mashing space key, it runs in the family so it wouldn't surprise me if I got it, but I'd really like the mechanic more if they could make it like the Cage of Atonement where we are faced with skill checks, however they won't get smaller. They'll look like Old Ruin but apply no regression, for those of you who want your 'immersion'. Either that or just don't do anything during struggle.