Why is survivors loosing addons still a thing

Options
2»

Comments

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 870
    Options

I'm prob part of the minority, but i never cared dumping BPs into survivors. Everything except for unlocking perks to me feels like a waste. I like playing survivor without ever bringing items unless it's an archive challenge that requires an item. Offerings also feels like a waste, i'll take whatever RNG throws at me.

When i do feel like using or farming for items i just use Ace in the Hole and Plunderer's Instinct. People prob forget or not realize if you escape with a new item with add-ons that could be any where between idk.... 5k-15k blood points worth you just got without actually using BPs. So that 15k BPs you gained end of game became 20k-25k, just don't really see it.

I prefer dumping my BPs into killers. I decided to main just 4 to dump BPs into. Killers are far more BP hungry for perks and their add-ons really impacts how they're played.

• Exor
    Exor Member Posts: 255
    edited May 2020
    Options

I mean sure, if you hoarded the MDR and black wards for ages you can run it every game, just like you can run BNP Toolboxes or Mega Medkits every game if you stockpile them. But you can not run it every game if you start out at 0, since the MDR has a 1/3 chance to spawn in the bloodweb and only once. And even if it does, you then also have around a 1/3-1/2 chance for the amulet to spawn (the amulet is only a rough estimate though, unlike the MDR). It takes roughly 40-60k bp to clear 1 bloodweb, depending on how efficent you are, thus on average you would need 120k-180k to get 1 game going. Though yes, black wards can reduce this further, but again, its the same with survivors, now that it is fixed (except for the BNP ofc)

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

You only would need to hoarde about 10 of them. I get MDR and/or Amulet at least once every other bloodweb at p3 50. I could indeed play with them forever if I dump BP back into Spirit after each game. If I run BBQ and a BP offering I can easily hit +60k BP each game.

Right now I have 3 Prayer Bead Bracelets sitting in my Bloodweb, among other purple add-ons and a few pinks.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

You took the words right out of my mouth, my man.

Anyway, answering the post:

1. Killers, depending on which, tend to be reliant on their addons to allow them to pull of certain things. Playing a addon-less Cannibal vs. playing him with his tuning guide and the yellow charge addon, and you'll notice a gigantic difference. It will allow him to pull off many more things, where if he brought nothing, you practically can't do anything but M1 as Cannibal against good survivors. As survivor, a player can go in with no item and no addon and still do really well, because their playstyle isn't restricted as much as a killer would be without bringing anything.
    2. As a couple others mentioned, survivors can farm items and addons at virtually 0 cost, if you don't count the cost of obtaining Plunderer's or any other item perk. Killers cannot. If I could kick a chest open and find addons as a killer, I might have a different opinion on this point.
    3. The devs stated (thankfully, as I'm of the same mindset) that these extra things you bring into the game are supposed to be looked at as some sort of temporary treat that you earn, not something that you use every game. I have just as much of a problem with how I see so many moris when I'm playing survivor: it feels like killers just get them like candy.
    4. With 4 different survivors, I personally feel like the one killer having strong addons isn't as impactful to a game as, for example, all 4 survivors coming with a stacked setup with a bunch of high quality keys/medkits/flashlights/toolboxes, with styptics/syringes/BNP.

Also, I don't know what people mean when they're talking about getting a bunch of rare items in their blood webs. I'm mostly seeing purples at best, here and there only, and mostly getting yellows browns and greens instead. I usually tend to get some of the cheaper items, on either side, but even then sometimes I won't even end up with a pink or like more than 1 purple. So, from my experiences, I have no idea what these people are talking about (for example, some other comment said something about getting like 3 purple bags for Trapper.)

• Exor
    Exor Member Posts: 255
    edited May 2020
    Options

Yeah but then you are lucky since, unless I am wrong (in which case I am very sorry), there always spawns 1 UR item, and since spirit has 3 (with the mori) it is a 1/3 chance to get it, ofc you can get lucky (I also got I think 5 in a row one time?) mathematically you get 1 every 3 bloodwebs. Although again Black Ward may screw with the times you can play the MDR a bit. But if you use a Black Ward you can´t use a BP offering so it evens out again. (+ WW now does the exact same thing, so if we take it into account its more of a discussion if BW/WW are too good)

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903
    Options

i was only being partially serious. but yea it would be wild to make survivors not be able to have extra items.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,395
    Options

Does this include odd bulb? What about unused Syringe? Yes it will include ALL add-ons. Survivors already get to keep their Ultra rare items for escaping, killers don't keep anything in any situation. You should be happy you get that much because fair would be losing everything no matter what as well.

If Iri heads are such an issue target that, not the system.

• hanibel
    hanibel Member Posts: 164
    Options

Cause its fair entitled survivor main

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    Options

I never bring items and end up with over 50 of each stockpiled, and only use addons on specific meme builds (like the forever medkit one)

This complaint always feels silly to me since survivors really don't need items (let alone addons) anywhere near as much as a killer needs addons to make certain builds (and sometimes consequently, viability) even possible. Just take those nice juicy strong perks and get free items from chests as you go :)

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,257
    Options

Nice long post. having a great addon should be a sacrifice reguardless of use to balance its power and as someone who plays both sides I can say its a bit weird to add it now of all times but its justified.

• Pulvoriser
    Pulvoriser Member Posts: 48
    Options

Bro this game is very survival sided, if you haven't figured it out yet maybe you're playing weong...

Go play killer and go up against a whole set of red ranks and you'll see real quick how outplayed a killer can be.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

Devs: Let's make survivors lose add-ons as much as killers!

Also Devs: Let's make the survivor add-on protection worse than the killer one!

Everyone: Hmm...but why?

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    Options

I mean, looks ok to me. Lets you keep them after the match if you escape, AND if you plunder an item you legit get 1-2 free addons.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,206
    Options

really i don't care about losing the addon i like to lose the item after it used i keep it sometime but i feel like it pointless,playing killer there so many time i see survivor drop they item before getting out so what the point?

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870
    Options

Did you know odd bulb does nothing but increase the blind duration by 1 sec and kill your flash light faster? Didn't think so all flashlight addons are useless except for batteries and filaments. Oh yeah and high end sapphire lends and intense halogen do that too but the point I'm trying to make here is we have useless addons that take up space and don't do much and that syringe isn't even that good it was nerfed to the ground and consumes medkits on use so why bring this up? The survivor economy isn't good at all and now we lose add ons the devs should increase our bp gain if they are gonna do something are dumb as this. Killers average about 50-60k bp a game with bbq and chili not to mention have less add ons and a way better chance of getting add ons they want. Tell me you think that's fair? Back on the topic of flashlights the add ons do nothing like the grip addons literally nothing but hey its fair because we killers lose add ons we can get back every match.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

Run plunderers instinct + ace in the hole.

Before you know it, you will be drowning in add ons.

• MrPenguin
    Options

I'm not counting bbq the same way I don't count wglf. I don't even use bbq unless I'm specifically farming BP, something survivors can do as well. WGLF should be fixed (and they said they're going to fix it) and survivor points can be increased sure, but add-ons either need to stay or go for both sides.

Sure the odd bulb might not be ultra rare power, but neither are things like Fuming mixtape, Amanda's letter, Waterlogged Shoe, ect. If that's the problem then these add-ons need to be reworked/buffed. As for killers easily getting add-ons, you're not going to get the ones that you want enough to keep putting them on every single match, and killers need add-ons every single match in most cases unless you're using top tiers. Meanwhile Survivors keep their items at least, which have the core functionality of what they need. Add-ons for survivors are little boost while the base item is fine, add-ons for a lot of killers are usually needed to at least have a semi-decent power, something you need every match while survivors don't need items every match.

Again, if the problem is not getting what you wan't then both survivors and killers should get either a blood store or something to at least narrow down the options. There's useless things on both sides, and even though killers don't have as much to shift through, they still can have issues with getting add-ons they need or want. Survivors can also find items every match in a ches, and can equip ace in the hole if they want to farm add-ons, killers don't get the option to farm add-ons mid match at all.

• Orionbash
    Orionbash Member Posts: 742
    Options

Yeah but killers never lose their power. Survivors can lose both item and add on.

• azame
    edited May 2020
    Options

You just said it yourself they have less to shift through how would they have problems getting what they want? On my oni I want topknogts right? I get those every bloodweb care to explain why? Oh yeah they have less add ons nobody complained about survivors not losing add ons why is suddenly a problem now? I just want my flashlight addons why do I have more purple flashlights than green batteries? On my adam I have 34 purple flashlights and like 30 green batteries. Most of my batteries were given to me by my friends and not found in my blood webs. And on the topic of ace in the hole there is no guarantee that you escape or get the add ons you want because you know useless add ons you also have to factor in that you need to get the item that goes with the add ons to even have a chance to get them and there are so many survivor items.

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984
    Options

I keep reading "They/Them" and "We/Us".. All i have to say to everyone who uses that line of thought is - try the other role, you might enjoy it.

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522
    Options

You do know you are allowed to play killer to get more bps and use said bps on your survivor right? The bps earned are not mutually exclusive to the role you earned them with. Since killers get so many bps and have ultra rares coming out of their ears it seems like a no brainer to play a little killer and dump the points into your toxic nancy.

• AgitatedPenguin
    AgitatedPenguin Member Posts: 93
    Options

It is fair that survivors lose add ons as killers also lose them.

The commodious toolbox build can blast half a gen with only 1 person on it so if you save a tiny bit of charge and get out, is it fair to do it again next game?

the argument that killers get way more BP than survivors may have something to do with the fact that killers do 4 times as much work as survivors who have to fight to do 1 objective.

Should flashlight god survivors get to keep their pink add ons?

If everyone plays the game like the developers intend then there should be enough BPs for everyone.

• MrPenguin
    Options

Because 1 add-on you want per bloodweb is not enough when you need items every match. Again survivors are fine at base, a lot of killers aren't. Also again, if you really want the problem fixed then the bloodweb needs to be completely remade or updated to give players more of a choice. You probably have 34 flashlights on Adam because if you escape you keep your item something killers can't do. Killers also have useless add-ons they have to factor in. As a survivor if I don't have any add-ons I like you know what I do? I play without an item, and do fine. As killer if you don't have add-ons you know what you do? You play another killer. Killers need a flow of BP just to play, survivors don't. Care to explain that? Or do you also want to buff all the killers that need add-ons (most of them) to be stronger at base?

People did complain about survivors keeping items and add-ons while killers lost everything. Be happy they just took away your add-ons.

• azame
    edited June 2020
    Options

Why do killers need to keep addons when you have op addons iri head for example. Even with those useless addons killers have there are still less of them meaning less cluttered blood webs. And sure I agree some killers need addons to play like wraith and trapper but not all of them. Oni can play addonless and still win so he doesn't need a constant flow of bp. Why should I be just happy add ons are harder to get then items because there are more of them specifically getting batteries isn't easy but you are dodging the fact that survivors have like tripple the killers add ons why is that? One more thing why do act as if survivors keeping their item is something special when it isn't if you escape why would you not keep your item?

• Perelie
    Perelie Member Posts: 433
    Options

Why is killers losing addons still a thing?

• MrPenguin
    edited June 2020
    Options

Why does anyone need to keep any add-ons? They don't, or items for that matter. It's not like survivors don't have strong things on their side.This is just a biased argument of "I wan't survivors to keep add-ons and items for escape, but killers don't keep anything for a 3/4k." That's not right, its either you win you keep or you don't you lose, for both sides. Otherwise you're just discriminating against killers. If your problem is you want "specifically batteries" then that's just the way the game is. There are plenty of times I won't get a good add-on I want for a killer for multiple bloodwebs. Sure for survivor I might not get a battery, but I'll get a glass bead. I'll get a milky glass. I'll get a blood amber. Survivors have multiple items and as such they have multiple add-ons for each item. You're basically cycling through different "powers" and using add-ons for each. I'm not ignoring the fact survivors have more add-ons, but that's because of the item system. If you really have a problem with it, we can do to survivors what we do to killer sand just say "this survivor can ONLY have flashlights" and therefore their bloodwebs wouldn't be so cluttered, or we can do what I already purposed and have a BP store or something. You have so many add-ons because you have so many items meanwhile a killer only has 1 power. There are solutions that can be fair to both sides. I don't know why you insist on just having another one-up on killers. It's intended you switch between items in its current state, if you have a problem with that and want to only use flashlights, then that's a different problem than losing add-ons.

At least you can max 1 survivor and that's all you'll ever have to do if you wan't, meanwhile you can use any item. The killer equivalent is their powers, and we have to go through a whole separate character grind to use anything different. At least you at least keep your item. At least no matter what you don't need an add-on or item no matter what survivor you play.

On your point of "Oni can play a addonless and still win" so can literally any survivor even without an item. Why would you keep your item? I don't understand your point, you didn't explain it at all. Are you saying lore wise? Lore Wise if anyone, the killers would keep all their stuff, not the survivors, or everyone would lose everything afaik.

Post edited by MrPenguin on
  • LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 943
    Options

just use ace in the hole, 4-head