Rejoin function

I would like to see a function, that I can rejoin a match after my game crasht or something else.

I think that would be useful.

Comments

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

So while I'm not inherently against a rejoin mechanic, how would it even work?

Where would you reappear in the match? A random location, or would your former survivor's lifeless body suddenly reanimate? If you crashed/disconnected while on the hook (resulting in your survivor being sacrificed), then what?

Would killer still get a bonus from your DC? Since they generally can't interact with your survivor after you've been disconnected.

Would the rejoining survivor suffer any kind of penalty for rejoining?

Not trying to be negative, but I fear this could open up some exploitable tactics from the survivor end (DC'ing and rejoining to get killer off your back, for example). It also goes against the DC penalty, since they'd either have to void your particular matchmaking ban for you to rejoin, or else your match would probably be over by the time it ran out.

Honestly, I don't really think this needs to be a thing for public matches. It would be fine for Custom Game, but I'm not convinced that this wouldn't create more problems than it solves.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

If i'm not mistaken then the devs said that implementing such a function would be pretty difficult + the time it would take to rejoin the match would be too long so that you would rejoin a match that is pretty much finished anyway.

• BangBang
    BangBang Member Posts: 154

Well, Destiny 2 has rejoining feature on certain activities. I would think it's not impossible.

Also, just a slight network glitch won't cost too much time, so it woulnd't be that too late to rejoin the match you got disconnected.

Game crashing also won't take at most 2min.

• Kumakx
    Kumakx Member Posts: 262

Killer about to down you? pull the plug and reconnect after 10-30s :)

Unfortunately it would be abused by players.

• Vandir
    Vandir Member Posts: 1

They have to implement that when you disconnect you will just stand there and can be interactet with by the killer. Just like when youre afk and you can also be highlightet by ravens to make it easier for the killer to find them.

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118

You mean the money they make from doing Chapters and cosmetics isn't enough to get a "rejoin" feature? Bs

• whereismykebab
    whereismykebab Member Posts: 228

That's actually a good solution. The killer could get hook points for DCs or someone who's connection is lost for a few seconds still has a chance to get back into the game and not lose out on all the points and offerings. Like maybe the DC'd character could automatically hit skill checks.

Even if it takes too long and you rejoin when the game is over, you still at least get bloodpoints and perhaps an archive challenge.

And it would prevent the cheating DC for hatch.