Prestige problems and how to fix them

I recently prestiged demogorgon (my main as of now) and I realized just how bad he is without perks to synergize his play style. I keep getting useless perks like monstrous shrine and hex third seal. Prestiging is an even bigger problem if you grinded to unlock every killer or survivor perk in the game. Before survivor mains comment on this post saying " just be good at the game and you won't have a problem" 1. This problem affects survivors too 2. Try removing all the perks most survivors run (DS, Adrenaline, DH, etc) and see how your games go 3. Killer is much more stressful than survivor, making it more necessary for a killer, especially a lower tier one, to have to use perks to keep up with survivors 4. I have played pretty much every killer and usually get a 4k or 3k depending on hatch spawns or how good the survivors are that I face. That being said, I believe a change is necessary to the Prestiging system. The following will be suggestions/my opinion:

1. Make it an xp leveling up system rather than spending blood points on prestiging. It would require the player to actually play the character they wish to rank up rather than spending their time on other characters to earn bloodpoints because that character has the perks and others don't. The blood web can still be used to get perks and add-ons, but not for prestiging and unlocking the skins for the character.

2. Make it a kill or escape count achievement. This will actually show how good the killer or survivor you are facing is. This would also provide the player with an achievement for playing and being good at the game. An example would be: 100: 300: 500 kills for killer skins and 50: 100: 200 escapes for the survivor skins. This achievement would be for each killer/survivor. You would earn BP along the way to unlock perks and add ons to unlock in the blood web, rather than spending the few blood points you earn to restart your progression.

3. Make it a games played achievement. This one may not be too popular, but it shows dedication to the game. Play a killer or survivor 50: 150: 250 times you unlock the bloody skin.

All these suggestions would encourage the player to continue to use their favorite characters, and try out new ones. It adds a sense of accomplishment rather than just grinding for blood points.

Let me know your thoughts or any other changes you would implement in the comments :) have a good day!

Comments

1234512345 Member Posts: 103

Good suggestions!!

• schadenfreudez28
    schadenfreudez28 Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2020

Another note:

Prestiging also causes additional problems to the blood web and poor add ons.

For example, I enjoy being a little toxic as survivor, and I have gone through 3 lvl 50 blood webs to get another flashlight but I continue to get brown tool boxes, medkits and add ons I already have. I haven't gotten another map in the last 10 blood webs, yet I have 20+ brown offerings. A lot of add ons, perks and offerings are unused because of how useless they are (perks are a different story). A solution to this could be to cap the amount of a specific add on, item or offerring you can get, maybe 25. This would result in less grinding to get an item you have a high chance of losing next game. Same thing goes for killer add ons and offerings.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Very well spoken, I think you should be allowed to pick one perk to appear in your bloodweb when you're level 50.

I think they should open every perk level 3 for every character because perks are a little p2w shrine is a bad mechanic

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,705

Assuming "p2w" means "pay to win"- how is the shrine p2w?

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Your suggestions are good.

Ive done this a lot and the first is the hardest. What I do now is play as a different killer. After every match I spend about 10k on the killer im playing as (sometimes more) and save the rest till I get a million. Them dump the 1m on the killer im prestiging.

This way i replenish add ons for the killer im playing as and dont have to worry about not having stuff for the killer im prestiging.

So my recommendation, if you like playing demo, keep playing him, max him out. Use your shards for the shrine every week to get extra bps. Once you have everything for demo, use him to start p3ing and maxing out the other characters you want to play

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

My biggest issue with prestige is I feel if I want to get every perk on a killer I enjoy using, I have to P3 them first. While I don't have to prestige them at all I feel I need too. If say I get Pig all the perks maxed out and I never prestiged her. What if one day I decide I want the bloody cosmetics? All those bloodpoints I poured into her just dug me a deeper grave. That's why I want to get a killer to P3 before I dump as much BP as possible into them. So I never have to worry about regretting my decision.

i didnt said shirine is p2w are you serious? i have a brain

i said perks are p2w because if you want licensed character perk you should buy the character with real money getting a perk you want in shrine takes too long because it is rng

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833

no, what you need to do is not prestigie a killer if u dont have another with perks to play thats basic.

• GoodBoyKaru

No I really don't have a brain; I usually read these either when I've just woken up or when I'm about to fall asleep so I didn't realise what you'd said, sorry.

But then to counter that, perks aren't Pay To Win because its still RNG and grinding for them, its just like any game with DLC. Is Resident Evil 2 P2W because you got a cool gun paying more?

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited June 2020

The reason I haven't prestiged most of my characters is because I don't want to lose my inventory. I have all perks on Doc and Freddy along with a nice collection of add-ons and offerings (including over 190 Iridescent Queens). You'd have to be insane to think I'd trade that in for a bloody outfit. I'm only getting Myers and Pyramid Head to P3 50 because they have no other cosmetics and I like Myers's bloody overalls and head. Leatherface is going to P2 unless I decide that none of the unlockable faces look good with the bloody cosmetics. Currently, I only have Demogorgon to P1 because I liked the bloody claws.

My idea was to just remove prestiging, raise the level cap to 200 and have bloody cosmetics unlock at levels 51, 101, and 151 as a reward for putting a lot of BP into that character, however I wouldn't mind having to play a certain amount of games or get some kills with that character (although getting a certain number of kills would suck for Killers that are hard to play).

• ich_häng_mal_rum
    ich_häng_mal_rum Member Posts: 435
    edited June 2020

@SnakeSound222

I like the idea to remove prestiging and to unlock the bloody outfits at level 51, 101 and 151, so you don’t loose your perks, items and addons.

But I know if the devs change prestige a lot of player will cry for a kind of „legacy“ again...

• TheRoyalOwl
    TheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 749

I do like the second idea of gaining skins at a certain amount kills or escapes, but maybe not the prestige skins. I personally really like to prestige my characters as it gives me something to work for, though I do see how rough it is for m1 killers to do well with crap perks.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    edited June 2020

So, just make prestige all about getting the skin?

I heard the feature of getting better loot doesn't work right now, but should it be working, your changes would kind of defeat the purpose of prestiging. Yeah you lose your items, but you are supposed to gain better rewards in return. I'm fine with it working like that. At that point, it's just a matter of wanting to keep your items or not. I'm willing to make the sacrifice, but not everybody is going to want to.

I mean, if you really want the cosmetics that much for prestiging (which most people I hear speak of say they're not that great) then I would argue it's kind of poor planning to get every survivor/killer perk on a character if you even were considering prestiging. You had to have known the whole time you were spending those bloodpoints that they would go to waste should you decide to prestige.

Not saying it's a perfect system necessarily, but I'd rather have a system that actually gives me better loot and just have to make that small sacrifice for the reward of getting overall better things in the future. It would feel kind of pointless if the whole point of "prestige" was just based around an escape or kill count or something arbitrary like that (because if you ask me, those aren't indicators of skill) because it wouldn't really have a real purpose, just obtaining bloody clothes which most people don't really like that much anyway. If you want the bloody clothes fine, I just think it's kind of silly to know how the system works right now, and then still load tons of points into a character if you want to prestige them still.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

With bhvr now talking about adding more prestige awards, I am regretting my past blood point decisions. But still I will not p3 until the reward is alot more worthwhile then cosmetic.

No no licensed characters have very good perks surge, bbq, thrilling tremors, im all ears, save the best for last, play with your food, ds, inner srength etc. you cant get these perks without real money, shrine is a bad mechanic

Also perks effect gameplay some killers are very very bad without perks in red ranks. this is why perks are little p2w :)

• GoodBoyKaru

But then PGTW, Corrupt, Infectious, Nurses, Sloppy, Devour, shadowborne, Enduring, Spirit Fury can also all be grinded out with shards. As can Dance with me, Lithe, Head On, Q&Q, BT, Unbreakable, and that's not to mention the awful perks that can come from listened chapters too.

yea perks you said are good too but perks i said are not FREE they are like if you dont pay you can not get that perk do you still want that perk wait

5+ weeks (we still didnt get inner strength 9 months after dlc release) for shrine.

Some killers really needs perks like wraith he needs play with your food it is very good.

I can understand bhvr needs money but they should not get money from perks they are game changing things they are powerful

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Well DLC perks won't show up in the shrine anytime soon after release because they want people to buy the dlc. That would kind of defeat the purpose of dlc. It would also be a slap to the face to the people that paid money for perks that appeared in the shrine so soon.

I didn't keep track but I remember the dry spell people went through hoping BBQ would appear in the shrine. Ever play Destiny? It was like waiting for Xur to sell the damn gjallarhorn.

yes you are right but 9 MONTHS what? No i didnt played Destiny :(

• GoodBoyKaru

Wraith doesn't need Play With Your Food lol, you can get away with playing using free perks and still pip at red ranks vs red ranks.

• Raulillo
    Raulillo Member Posts: 179

I agree that prestige doesn't make sense right now because you can prestige a character that you don't use. Seeing a first game clown with presige 3 is not impossible.

The bloodweb and the progression system should be decoupled. Blood web is for items, offerings and consumables in general.

The progression system should be something related to what are you playing with. It should be more difficult than just farm 1.6M bloodpoints however you want.

Maybe "feed" your killer with the same amount of blood you get as blood points earnt and when you hit certain amounts, you have some kind of challenges to keep the feeding.

It is funnier and it is very good with Windstorm

actually i dont care i have all the dlcs xD