We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Breakable walls

Would the consideration of weakening WIDOW vaults be an option? Such as the killer able to plow through window itself breaking the window's lower frame on ONLY wooden window points?

I mean there are plenty of horror movies that do this 😎

Comments

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720

Here would be an old screenshot of the game , and an example of what I am talking about. Where the killer could bust the wall beneath the window and/or the window becomes weak as players vault over it. Which the point becomes no longer usable.

Good/Bad idea. Discuss!

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

That's interesting... I can see that working in maps like Ironworks of Misery, it'd be an interesting way to make the loop viable again, but also give it counterplay. But if you want to add that to Jungle Gyms or T and L walls (which I'm sure you don't) then it's a bad idea.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

I would also like to see "Makeable windows" (from surv side). The killer would still be able to destroy those windows. Could add some flavor. But obviously balancing it could be an issue

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

Neat concept, though I'd imagine this would deeply confuse the game's context sensitivity. It will probably struggle to understand whether you want to vault the window or smash it open (like trying to pick up a survivor while facing a locker/vault/pallet).

That said, I wouldn't necessarily be against them restoring some of the old "super-loops" but turn their new doorways into breakable walls that shorten the loop.

Or more importantly: adding breakable sections to the infamous Haddonfield Fences.

• Onyx_Blue
    Onyx_Blue Member Posts: 1,060

Or just make the current Breakable Walls actually grant additional gameplay to the map, as opposed to having certain ones that a killer should break, or has no incentive to break. As in, it should be like this: the wall unbroken is mindgamable as is, but broken, opens up additional mindgame and loop potential to it. Also, shack breakable wall should be on the side opposite the window, giving a drop down quarterway into the basement stairs, that way it's an alternate way into basement, but also gives additional play with shack that may be good interaction on both sides. Current shack breakable wall on Saloon should just be called "the boosted wall" any killer who breaks that just has zero intention of having fun chases and cleary just wants it on easy mode.

Vaults should never be breakable, they are there as permanent safety (relative to the location) on the map, unlike pallets, which are a finite resource. Vaults are the only thing that are a constant in a map that has been bled dry by a highly active and threatening killer or by a scared survivor(s) that drops early in every situation. Vaults are good as is.

• InnCognito

Yeah, I wasn't sure what people thought of this. It was just an idea. Both sides of the feedback are really good!

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650

If this became a thing I would yell, "Koolaid" every time I hit one.

• InnCognito

Yeah that really does sound like a good suggestion, Thank you!

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

The first thing coming to my mind is that vaulting and breaking walls/pallets is both on the same key. They need to rework that and that will break the game for 2 main chapters at least

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

Conversely, the window is still useable but only guarantees medium vaults or slows down every vault speed a small percentage.

• InnCognito

I've thought about this from both sides and different thoughts on a breakable Windowsill frame. The fact of the matter is. most of those killers vaulting over, are VERY heavy people. I know that jungle gyms are ideal safety nets for survivors. Since they have ZERO weapons.

The other thing to think about is how long a survivor can loop through windows until the zone is blocked for them. with the thought of making an area no longer safe for the survivor.

The problem is though, under the breakable window frame idea. Once that window is used up. It is gone.

For me, it is a back and fourth idea. and im the one that thought this up :P