The game doesn't reward enough for repairing

The easy 1500 bps per hook save together wiith the perk "We Gona Life Forever" makes repairing a dull and unrewarding task. Because of this, all we see at rank 1 is people rushing to save survivors on the hooks.

This creates a really unfun atmosphere as most people are there just to farm and not really to survive, which should be the point of the game. Surving should itself be more rewarding.

This could be minimized by allowing repairing to also give stacks for WGLF and buffing repair bps to the same value as hook saving.

Comments

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

speak for yourself , in high ranks i have to use a kobe build cuz people decide that 3 repairing a gen takes too long and they refuse to come before 2nd phase

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Gens are already completed too fast.
    Giving more incentive to focus on gens is a bad idea as long as devs are too lazy to add secondary objectives / increase gen times

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Master said:

Giving more incentive to focus on gens is a bad idea as long as devs are too lazy to add secondary objectives / increase gen times

Hmm, have you seen my generators rework thread?
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Nickenzie said:
    Master said:

Hmm, have you seen my generators rework thread?

Yes, but you have to face reality that all the ideas from the forum go directly into the trashban if one of the devs read them at all.

The only thing that was designed by the community went horribly wrong (DS) and Im not sure whether I want any more community contributions tbh. The survivor pool is just too large.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Its based on how you and the team plays. If your on a gen start to finish, you get the full/minimal amount of points for it ( even less if teammates are helping). Getting them done fast can improve odds of survival but doesn't reward you point wise. For all survivors to do well in the gen category, the killer actually needs to damage them. Most games I see one person will finish several solo and that undercuts their teammates. 
  • MegDenson
    MegDenson Member Posts: 36

Sorry, but i don't see how holding M1 for 80 seconds needs more bloodpoint reward.