Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Decisive suggestion

Zeb89
Zeb89 Member Posts: 8
edited June 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

I regret to say the game is objectively very unbalanced.

Many, many people agree this is the case and while DbD by nature may never be truly balanced I think there is a lot that could be done to greatly improve the general experience.

To clarifly, I play both roles, all killers and have 4300hrs.

There is a lot to discuss balance-wise but I'll like to start off with the perk Decisive Strike.

Now this is something that has undoubtably been talked about ad nauseam, but I'd personally suggest the following.

Lower the perk duration from 40/50/60 seconds to 30/35/40

There are times where you are totally dominating as killer and you have to slug and waste time even by quickly hooking different people. This turns the "anti tunneling perk" into a 60 seconds immortality perk.

Borrowed time should be strong enough to get a survivor out of a problematic situation.

DS also rewards bad play, which is kind of meh.

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,059
    edited June 2020

"There are times where you are totally dominating as killer and you have to slug and waste time even by quickly hooking different people. This turns the "anti tunneling perk" into a 60 seconds immortality perk."

So you say that you slug, but when it comes to DS, slugging is no option? Right...

Let alone that DS is no Anti-Tunnel Perk.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

This has been discussed before, lowering the time is not the way to go, a simplier solution people have suggested is disabling DS once the survivor has started doing another action (like healing, repairing gens, doing totems) because that would mean that they are not being tunneled by the killer.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

Noed also rewards bad play, but both perks are fine because they both have counterplay imo

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000

When someone gets unhooked right outside of an exit gate that is opened they have 60 seconds to crawl out. No counter play because you can't pick them up, and if you dont pick them up, they crawl out.

Survivors just get too many second chances that can be combo-ed together to make a survivor seemingly invincible

Unhook, into borrowed time, into DS (wait I can't pick them up) boom unbreakable, (now I can down them) Dead hard, Ok now I can definitely get them, NOPE still 30 seconds on that DS. At least insta heals are gone but those perks combo-ing together makes game really frustrating

If unbreakable and DS had requirements to activate much like deliverance I think they would be much more reasonable. You do enough gens so you can get up after a down, you take enough of the killer's time now you can escape because you deserve it.

The devs nerfed Ruin because it did too much for too little effort. Why not give all the meta perks a pass like that, even NOED

Make noed light all remaining totems and each totem is 1 insta down, give survivors an incentive to cleanse any totems because each is one less insta down.

• elvangulley
    elvangulley Member Posts: 569

Ds is a survivor perk you can't touch it no matter how busted it is because the entitled ones will cty and threaten to quit

• a_good_player
    a_good_player Member Posts: 194

you can delete my comment but you remain an unskilled player with a boring playstyle. i hope that with the new matchmaking you'll find good players who will show you how pathetic you are

• Zeb89
    Zeb89 Member Posts: 8

This is clearly an inflammatory comment which avoids the topic of discussion.

We are talking about my idea about balacing Decisive Strike, not how you'd like me to play as killer.

Stay on topic like a normal human being.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

DS is fine, leave it as it is.

• a_good_player
    a_good_player Member Posts: 194

your idea about ds clearly is tought for killers like you that hard tunnel the same survivor. so if you want to tunnel 1 survivor you only need to wait 30 second instead of a full minute before picking him up again. so thats my answer: NOPE.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

The problem isn't the time of immunity, it's how they use that time.

Imo a balanced nerf would be once they start working on a gen the timer decreases. Doesn't have to be the whole timer.