Another DS Idea

If you haven't noticed, a lot of people are unhappy with the state of Decisive Strike. Everybody has different reasons why they hate it. I personally don't care if a survivor jumps in a locker with DS, they're not doing any gens so what's the problem? If they're doing a gen in the killer's face with DS just down them, kick the gen, and move on. If they have unbreakable or get picked up by someone else go back and down them again. If you feel like you're being held hostage as the killer that's your own fault. There's 3 other survivors to deal with.

My only problem with DS is when multiple DS's are active at once. It is quite literally impossible to keep track of 2 or more 60 second timers in your head, not to mention if the survivors are the same character with the same or similar outfits.

My solution to this would be when a survivor is unhooked with DS it will become active and all other DS's in the game will deactivate. Simple.

If you wanted to take this idea farther the survivor would become the obsession off the hook and would only be able to use DS as long as they remained the obsession for the 60 second duration. This would allow killers to know for a fact the survivor had DS and not be forced to treat all survivors as if they had it. It would also allow obsession changing perks to counter DS, such as nemesis.

I'm not a salty killer main or any of that nonsense. I enjoy playing both sides equally. I also use DS every SINGLE match when I play survivor because there is no reason not to. It is the best survivor perk and quite possibly the best perk in the entire game.

When there's an obsession the killer has to treat every survivor as if they have DS, there's no other perk in the entire game that causes that much pressure for free. Nobody could even have DS, it could be a different perk entirely causing the obsession. That's the crazy part about the perk. All you need are those little tendrils around someone's name and it changes the way the killer plays entirely.