Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Pallet Vaults

pallet vaults should be slower or there should be a "Medium vault" for pallets too

Comments

• BaroneMaximus
    BaroneMaximus Member Posts: 474

There are too many safe pallets to say something like that, most of them near to windows

• BaroneMaximus
    edited June 2020

No need for explanations, it would make infinite loops mindgamable, that's all. if you like to run killer near walls do it btw, i pref having good chases in which i have a chance to get to people in less then 3 minutes

• Kaiju
    Kaiju Member Posts: 530
  • BaroneMaximus

Hawkins is one of the worst surv map, i agree with that, but it's one against the tons of map against the killer the real problem here

and btw... you wanna say that swamp map is ok?? i really think not mate... when i'm survivor there, i NEVER find pallets :\ i would have a look to swamp too if i'm honest... most of the times is 0 tiles in the middle and a few on sides plus big building and shack

• Kaiju
    Kaiju Member Posts: 530

That's more like bad RNG. sometimes the middle is full of pallets sometimes its a giant nothing yeah swamp is awful

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Not really needed after the added more unsafe pallets to maps.

And you should break those safe pallets anyways. Or be gut at mind-games at those mid-safe pallets.

• Erohnic
    Erohnic Member Posts: 44

Getting rid of pallets and windows would also require a GIANT nerf to the killer. They are literally the only way for a survivor to outplay a killer. Killer is faster, survivors leave a trail (scratch marks), the lunges are big and very easy to follow movements, and ~half the killers have ways to cover distances faster than they already move. I don't think there really is much of a problem with the pallets now. Survivors can still get hit WHILE vaulting, and with windows, if a survivor is standing directly on the other side, they still get hit.

• BaroneMaximus

i have perfect ping, my connection with servers is perfect. Trust me when i say that there is less then half a second to hit a survivor vaulting a pallet. I never said anything about windows since they are already ok, thanks to the medium vault. This is why i wanted this mechanic to be added on pallets vaults or at least be slower cause pallets are way too much safe (long-long loop near pallet) when we are not talking about unsafe pallets (Short-short loop near pallet) Plus there are still tiles that are impossible to mind game and you only have to brute force them (Ex "fun bus") and you cant afford a brute force commitment chase in red rank, but this are ok to me, they are meant to be safe spots and nothing else. this is why i never bother chasing a survivor there.

• BaroneMaximus

i play both side, my posts "seem" to be killer sided because killer in this moment has WAY more problematics then survivors. If you get hit while vaulting it means you are having: bad reads/slow reactions/non-mindgamable pallet or a problem with connection to the server (Yours or killers one)

I'm talking about the rest of the pallets that are completely unmindgamable that should be made mindgamable by slowing the vault in some ways, like slowing the pallet vault in general or applaying the medium vault to pallets too

• BaroneMaximus

i only bloodlust if the loop is short-long or short-short and the survivor is wounded, but if you start just breaking pallets and commit the chase you will lose in no time

• BaroneMaximus
  • BaroneMaximus

...Making unmindgameble loops pallet actually mindgameble, or at least having a chance to hit

• BaroneMaximus

You WASTE time by breaking pallets AND you lose ground in chase when you break pallets. you should not be forced to break pallets to make it unmindgameble, it should be AT BASE mindgameble.

we circle around cause you are survivor main and you don't wanna admit that you prefer the game easy as it is :) so yeah let me be, at least others with good ideas will come and answer

• BaroneMaximus

The difference between me and you is that i'm actually trying to have things fair for both of us, when you instead you are asking to let things advantagious for survivors and this is unrespectful

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274
    edited June 2020

Survivors run the Vault-Speed build as an extra band-aid fix to help with age-old hitbox shenanigans.

Pallets that cannot be mindgamed are inherently safe pallets. These are the ones you break or bloodlust. There are plenty of perks and add-ons (and some killer powers) that help to remove pallets faster to help eliminate the survivors' safer options. Breaking safe pallets is usually worth the time and distance lost; the tradeoff is that the survivors lose a strong loop tool. Unlike less-safe pallets that are intended to be used for looping (or unsafe ones that are basically only a mindgame while they're standing), these very-safe pallets are chase breakers.

If it's a pallet where you can trick the survivor into accidentally vaulting into an attack (such as Haddonfield's truck pallets), then voila, you can mindgame that pallet.

Quite frankly, I don't think they need to change anything in relation to pallet mechanics. Instead, they need to address problems that come from the pallet philosophy that went into certain maps' designs:

-Underground Complex should trade in some of its ludicrous amount of unsafe pallets to gain a few safe ones.

-The Game needs to lose many of its safe pallets in exchange for unsafe pallets and more vaults (maybe with more standard maze tiles).

-Yamaoka Estate and Backwater Swamp should probably get a slightly more consistent amount of pallets (they always seem to be at either the minimum or maximum count allowed).

-Shelter Woods and Rotten Fields deserve a few more pallets/vaults/playable tiles in general. More lockers too.

• BaroneMaximus

No need for people who agrees with me, i need people to share ideas with, you are free to go my lady ;)

• marked
    marked Member Posts: 18

ya but most un safe pallets at Hawkins have A running start and if you try to loop results Are almost the same so it would be largely unaffected by this change