Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I hate to sound dumb but how do I use Pyramid Head?

dbarranco
dbarranco Member Posts: 97

I've played three games with Pyramid Head and I've only managed to get two kills throughout those games. What am I doing wrong?

Answers

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Can you describe in more detail what is going wrong for you?

Also what perk build are you using?

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426
    edited June 2020

To start off with, don't feel dumb for asking. He's a completely new killer and even after 10 games I'm still struggling to play well consistently with him, however here is what I took from my good games.

Whenever not in a chase, use rites of judgement up until its bar has about 1/4 left. This is so if you get into a chase you still have some of your power to use Punishment of the Damned.

When using Punishment of the Damned, don't use it exactly where they are, use it where they're going, so slightly infront of them. It doesn't always land the hit especially if the survivor is expecting it, but it can help land a hit.

You don't have to send a survivor to a cage of they're tormented. If you'd prefer the survivor where they are instead of the other side of the map then do that. Take it into consideration.

Remember when using perks that hide your terror radius (such as Trail of Torment) his blade still makes noises of it dragging off the floor.

That's about it so far, still not doing great with him, but learning. Goodluck with him and hope you pick him up.

• dbarranco

Thank you for the advice! I hope you also have good luck playing them!

• dbarranco

Well, mainly just me not enforcing map pressure, but I never seem to get survivors tormented other than at pallets and windows. I think I'm using Monitor & Abuse, Surveillance, and Play With Your Food. I want to use Save The Best For Last but haven't leveled Myers up yet.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Map pressure is too vague the way most people use it. You having trouble in the chase or with patrolling?

But basically, don't worry too much about getting tormented, prioritize getting them downed. PWYF and STBFL don't syerngize with him. he's a ranged Killer, he doesn't rely on M1 attacks or raw speed in a chase.

Remember that you need to use his M2 when they are vaulting, pallet dropping or running through a narrow corridor, not just whenever they are in range. Otherwise you will miss and a LOT.