Colorblind support needed please

I always post about the hardships color blindness affected killers endure. Given that the ability of the new killer won't let you actually see survivors, instead relying on following tracks or blood,

Will you please now consider adding colorblind options to the game? This killer will be unplayable for us otherwise.

I have already tried with predator and bloodhound. No tangible difference for me. And even if it DID make a difference, why should I waste 2 perk slots to overcome a difficulty that 99% of the games out there address correctly?

Previously talking about this topic, the devs said they didn't have the resources to work on it, but the BBQ event showed us that they ACTUALLY can change hook colors, even mid-game switching them, so why don't they add colorblind mode to the whole game? Imagine playing this killer against Iron Will/Calm Spirit, not seeing survivors bc the ability prevents you from doing so, not being able to follow blood trails or scratch marks bc you are color blind and not hearing them bc they equipped those 2 perks. Impossible to play for me.

Comments

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

@fcc2014

Here it is, hopefully it gets some views soon

• Condorloco_26

Thanks for the effort

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Hey @powerbats and @Orion you guys are highly active. Let's try to keep this on the main page.

• fcc2014

@Peanits can we get a little acm love?

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Yes absolutely. I'd rally for a fix to help colorblind people even if it postponed any future content. Gamers unit for our color blind comrades!!! @Nickenzie @Vietfox help out?
    Gotcha, @Peanits? Are the developers adding a color blind feature? Any details?
  • Condorloco_26

@McLean

Please consider adding this mode in the future, it will be 100% appreciated

• Condorloco_26

I forgot about the aura reading perks, such as BBQ and Bitter Murmur, and when a survivor equips Object of Obsession playing as a killer. They all are greatly ineffective because they are red. In contrast, the aura that is shown when Kindred, Alert, Dark Sense or Object of obsession (as a survivor) are active, are 100% visible in any map

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    I don’t mind trying helping this get more views! It’s much needed!
  • chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    I don’t mind trying helping this get more views! It’s much needed!
    Thank u and sorry about the double tag. I didn't see that fcc already roped u in lol
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Yes, colorblind people do need help in order to be able to play the game better.

• Condorloco_26

@Peanits said:

@fcc2014 said:

I'm not really on the dev team (I work remotely), but I'll definitely bring this up.

Thanks a lot

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Here to bump it, i fell asleep @chemical_reject xD
  • fcc2014

@Peanits said:

@fcc2014 said:

I'm not really on the dev team (I work remotely), but I'll definitely bring this up.

I think that is all we were hoping for. @Condorloco_26 I'm not sure if the youtube Q and A is still open maybe post it in that spot also. It is for balance and design.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Condorloco_26 said:
    I always post about the hardships color blindness affected killers endure. Given that the ability of the new killer won't let you actually see survivors, instead relying on following tracks or blood,

Will you please now consider adding colorblind options to the game? This killer will be unplayable for us otherwise.

I have already tried with predator and bloodhound. No tangible difference for me. And even if it DID make a difference, why should I waste 2 perk slots to overcome a difficulty that 99% of the games out there address correctly?

Previously talking about this topic, the devs said they didn't have the resources to work on it, but the BBQ event showed us that they ACTUALLY can change hook colors, even mid-game switching them, so why don't they add colorblind mode to the whole game? Imagine playing this killer against Iron Will/Calm Spirit, not seeing survivors bc the ability prevents you from doing so, not being able to follow blood trails or scratch marks bc you are color blind and not hearing them bc they equipped those 2 perks. Impossible to play for me.

I am agreeing, but are you trying to make me color blind aswell?
    Cant you use proper colors for your letters?^^

• Jigsawn
    Jigsawn Member Posts: 19

I only have medium Red/Green color blindness and I find it a massive issue in this game.

The biggest offenders which could be easily fixed are the red auras of generators and hex totems, which blend in too easily with the environment when you have red/green colorblindness. Hex totems in particular are incredibly difficult to see on greener maps.

Tracking blood is very difficult as well on any map outside of Gideon Meat Plant/Lerys/inside buildings. However for me, the blood tracking perks do make it bright enough to see, and non color-blind players have told me blood is hard to track normally so I don't think you should make it easier, it's just something we'll have to live with.

In general the game can be punishing for red/green colorblind people because of the tones of the environments and characters, making it very hard on the browner/greener environments to pick players with green/brown/dark clothing out. However, having any kind of assistance for this could be abused by non-affected players.

Personally I'd love to see a scaler for adjusting aura vibrancy/brightness. As full on colorblind modes are often way too extreme for people who only have minor color blindness like me. For example Overwatch's color blind modes do help me but they look absolutely terrible and are more for people with extreme colorblindness.

I realise it is extra work but I think a lot of players would appreciate this, after all 1/10 guys I believe suffer from red/green colorblindness in some form. With hundreds of thousands of players, that's a lot of people!

• chemical_reject
    I love seeing this at the top  :)
  • fcc2014

Hope they address it in the Q&A even if it is a distraction to people upset over the new chapter.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

I agree, a simple option to switch the red auras to something else like in the bbq event would be very helpfull.
    I think it has to be balanced, because the game lives about being able to overlook details, (if thats the case with hooks and gens), and you dont want to implement an unwanted advantage that way.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

I agree, a simple option to switch the red auras to something else like in the bbq event would be very helpfull.
    I think it has to be balanced, because the game lives about being able to overlook details, (if thats the case with hooks and gens), and you dont want to implement an unwanted advantage that way.

• Condorloco_26
    edited August 2018
    fcc2014 said:

Hope they address it in the Q&A even if it is a distraction to people upset over the new chapter.

• Condorloco_26
    edited August 2018
    Yes I posted about this issue in that section before creating this thread. It's quite a colorful post too, so it can stand out. Lol.

Thanks a lot to all you who are helping to bring more people's attention to this subject.
    Post edited by Condorloco_26 on
  • fcc2014
    Bump for first page
  • Master

@Jigsawn said:
    I only have medium Red/Green color blindness and I find it a massive issue in this game.

The biggest offenders which could be easily fixed are the red auras of generators and hex totems, which blend in too easily with the environment when you have red/green colorblindness. Hex totems in particular are incredibly difficult to see on greener maps.

Tracking blood is very difficult as well on any map outside of Gideon Meat Plant/Lerys/inside buildings. However for me, the blood tracking perks do make it bright enough to see, and non color-blind players have told me blood is hard to track normally so I don't think you should make it easier, it's just something we'll have to live with.

In general the game can be punishing for red/green colorblind people because of the tones of the environments and characters, making it very hard on the browner/greener environments to pick players with green/brown/dark clothing out. However, having any kind of assistance for this could be abused by non-affected players.

Personally I'd love to see a scaler for adjusting aura vibrancy/brightness. As full on colorblind modes are often way too extreme for people who only have minor color blindness like me. For example Overwatch's color blind modes do help me but they look absolutely terrible and are more for people with extreme colorblindness.

I realise it is extra work but I think a lot of players would appreciate this, after all 1/10 guys I believe suffer from red/green colorblindness in some form. With hundreds of thousands of players, that's a lot of people!

I am not color blind and I have insane trouble finding my totem sometimes.
    But I guess its a feature that you have to search longer for your totem aura then the survivors that spawn on it need to cleanse it :wink:

• chemical_reject
    Bump.....and idk why anyone had to bring up spawning locations in a completly unrelated thread....
  • fcc2014

bump

• fcc2014
    @chemical_reject the forum is super negative today. People need to chill out about this killer.i may need like a week break when the ds nerf comes. The crying survivors vs the circle jerk killer celebration is going to be ugly.
  • chemical_reject
    fcc2014 said:
    @chemical_reject the forum is super negative today. People need to chill out about this killer.i may need like a week break when the ds nerf comes. The crying survivors vs the circle jerk killer celebration is going to be ugly.
    Yea I've noticed that to. I've stayed in the wishlist section more then the general discussion because of all the butt hurt negative people 
  • fcc2014
    Stay out of the ptb section. It is like jonestown.
  • Condorloco_26

Bump

Hey man @jejones you might be interested in posting a comment here. Let's try to bring attention to the subject.

• Condorloco_26

Guys you posted about this some time ago too @StalwartXX @Daddy_Doctor

• Daddy_Doctor
    Daddy_Doctor Member Posts: 158

All for colourblind mode 👍🏻 If they could make totems, traps and hooks the same colour as totems are when Detectives Hunch procs I’d be able to play properly. I don’t have a problem seeing them.

• chemical_reject
    Bump for equality!!!! WWLD
  • Condorloco_26

I'm not giving up :)

• Michiko
    Michiko Member Posts: 623
    Bump ❤️
  • fcc2014

Bump for WWLD

• chemical_reject
    coughBUMPcough
  • fcc2014

See above

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Bump
  • Yucchi
    Yucchi Member Posts: 250
    Go up and pick dev's interest post! Up up you Go!
  • Yucchi
    Yucchi Member Posts: 250

Bump

• Grey87
    Grey87 Member Posts: 346

If you got nvidia then you have colorblind in the filters

• chemical_reject
    Grey87 said:

If you got nvidia then you have colorblind in the filters

I think I read that it didn't work after either the newest game update or the newest Nvidia one 
  • TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@Master said:

@Condorloco_26 said:

those colors ARE PROBABLY SO HE CAN SEE THE WORDS IDIOT

• Master

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Master said:

@Condorloco_26 said:

those colors ARE PROBABLY SO HE CAN SEE THE WORDS IDIOT

Thats why he uses 2 different colors.
    Try again troll

• chemical_reject
    Bump. I really hope this was seen by a community manager or dev..