Colorblind support needed please

Comments

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@Master said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Master said:

@Condorloco_26 said:
    I always post about the hardships color blindness affected killers endure. Given that the ability of the new killer won't let you actually see survivors, instead relying on following tracks or blood,

Will you please now consider adding colorblind options to the game? This killer will be unplayable for us otherwise.

I have already tried with predator and bloodhound. No tangible difference for me. And even if it DID make a difference, why should I waste 2 perk slots to overcome a difficulty that 99% of the games out there address correctly?

Previously talking about this topic, the devs said they didn't have the resources to work on it, but the BBQ event showed us that they ACTUALLY can change hook colors, even mid-game switching them, so why don't they add colorblind mode to the whole game? Imagine playing this killer against Iron Will/Calm Spirit, not seeing survivors bc the ability prevents you from doing so, not being able to follow blood trails or scratch marks bc you are color blind and not hearing them bc they equipped those 2 perks. Impossible to play for me.

I am agreeing, but are you trying to make me color blind aswell?
    Cant you use proper colors for your letters?^^

those colors ARE PROBABLY SO HE CAN SEE THE WORDS IDIOT

Thats why he uses 2 different colors.
    Try again troll

im not a troll i just figured maybe he used colors so he could see ti or maybe he just wanted to how is that going to make you color blind?

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940

@Master said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Master said:

@Condorloco_26 said:
    I always post about the hardships color blindness affected killers endure. Given that the ability of the new killer won't let you actually see survivors, instead relying on following tracks or blood,

Will you please now consider adding colorblind options to the game? This killer will be unplayable for us otherwise.

I have already tried with predator and bloodhound. No tangible difference for me. And even if it DID make a difference, why should I waste 2 perk slots to overcome a difficulty that 99% of the games out there address correctly?

Previously talking about this topic, the devs said they didn't have the resources to work on it, but the BBQ event showed us that they ACTUALLY can change hook colors, even mid-game switching them, so why don't they add colorblind mode to the whole game? Imagine playing this killer against Iron Will/Calm Spirit, not seeing survivors bc the ability prevents you from doing so, not being able to follow blood trails or scratch marks bc you are color blind and not hearing them bc they equipped those 2 perks. Impossible to play for me.

Try again troll

im not a troll i just figured maybe he used colors so he could see ti or maybe he just wanted to how is that going to make you color blind?

I don't really see how the colors he chose are a problem. They were easy enough for me to read. 
  • Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

I have color blindness and I can read them. I think most people can, too.

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052

@Condorloco_26 Wouldn't a simple filter be enough to help colorblind players? If you have the option, try using NVidia's Geforce Experience to add color filters onto the game until the devs can address this. I know it depends heavily on what type of colorblindness you have, but you get what I mean.

• TheHourMan

Yes, Nvidia does indeed have a colorblind filter for DbD.

That is with GeForce Experience.

• Condorloco_26

@TheHourMan said:
    @Condorloco_26 Wouldn't a simple filter be enough to help colorblind players? If you have the option, try using NVidia's Geforce Experience to add color filters onto the game until the devs can address this. I know it depends heavily on what type of colorblindness you have, but you get what I mean.

That's a good option for PC players. Has anyone tested it yet, does it work? Hopefully it makes a difference.

I'm on PS4 though, and I wish we console users had similar options. Thanks for your comment,

• TheHourMan
    Yes, it does look a lot dofferent on-screen, but since I'm not colorblind I can't say how good it works
  • Michiko
    Michiko Member Posts: 623
    Boop to first page ^.^
  • TheLegendDyl4n1

@chemical_reject said:
    TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Master said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Master said:

@Condorloco_26 said:

Try again troll

I don't really see how the colors he chose are a problem. They were easy enough for me to read. 

i know but someone else was saying they were

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Bump

• Doultime
    Doultime Member Posts: 82

YES! I just made an account here for this I been having troubles playing killer for a while and recently discovered that windows 10 has an option to turn colorblind mode on and now I can actually play killer and see scratch marks on the floor. I usually play as wraith and could only see blood when invisible. Please add an ingame filter for colorblind people.

• chemical_reject

@chemical_reject said:
    TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Master said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Master said:

@Condorloco_26 said:

Try again troll

Yea I know. That reply was for him
  • TheLegendDyl4n1

@chemical_reject said:
    TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@chemical_reject said:

TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Master said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Master said:

@Condorloco_26 said:

Try again troll

Yea I know. That reply was for him

ok

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Since this has fallen way down the forum pages may'be we can get @Patricia or @not_Queen to pipe in about anything they have planned for this.

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@powerbats said:
    Since this has fallen way down the forum pages may'be we can get @Patricia or @not_Queen to pipe in about anything they have planned for this.

maybe they are ignoring this because making new content and getting money from it is more important then taking under a week to add a system like this in the settings. i understand people might abuse this to make the game brighter and colors like pink thats only on survivors pop out but if you were caught abusing this they could just permban and be done with it

• powerbats

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@powerbats said:

maybe they are ignoring this because making new content and getting money from it is more important then taking under a week to add a system like this in the settings. i understand people might abuse this to make the game brighter and colors like pink thats only on survivors pop out but if you were caught abusing this they could just permban and be done with it

I don't think they're ignoring it at all, it's not something that'd be super simple to do either given that it's more than just tweaking things like you suggest. I really wish people would get off of the conspiracy bandwagon when these types of things come up.

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    @Camperface @Leatherbilly Requesting backup
  • KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    @not_Queen requesting support
  • AnotherRandy
    AnotherRandy Member Posts: 274
    Pls yes, this is such a fundamental thing truly needed. This shouldn't take to much time to implement. I'm always surprised why DbD has such a lack of those important things 
  • Condorloco_26

@powerbats said:

I don't think they're ignoring it at all, it's not something that'd be super simple to do either given that it's more than just tweaking things like you suggest. I really wish people would get off of the conspiracy bandwagon when these types of things come up.

I just wish they gave it the proper attention. About difficulty implementing it, we've all seen how easily they change hook aura colors (even during the game), and gen auras were a different color before the July patch.

• Doultime
    Doultime Member Posts: 82
    edited September 2018

Well it is not just changing colors for auras and scratch marks its filtering the whole game. And its not like some way of exploit beacuse every player with windows 10 can do it. It will be a lot better for them to implement it ingame so we dont have to use this windows feature and new colorblind players can easily acces the filter. Changing singular colors will cause heavy exploit and that would be stupid
    EDIT: Console colorblind players are doom right now killer is imposible for me whitout filter.

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@powerbats said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@powerbats said:

if they can change the color of a hook to blue for a event i dont think it will be that hard to change the colors in game for people who cant see certain colors like mysekf

• powerbats

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

if they can change the color of a hook to blue for a event i dont think it will be that hard to change the colors in game for people who cant see certain colors like mysekf

While true they want to do all the maps and everything in them same for items/addons etc. If you think about it hooks and their stands are stationary and can be done in 1 swoop.

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@powerbats said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

While true they want to do all the maps and everything in them same for items/addons etc. If you think about it hooks and their stands are stationary and can be done in 1 swoop.

ok yes but it only requires a color filter which changes the color many other games have this and it came out with release its not hard to add this it might take a week and if it takes longer than im sorry but it doesnt seem that it would take much effort

• powerbats

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@powerbats said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

ok yes but it only requires a color filter which changes the color many other games have this and it came out with release its not hard to add this it might take a week and if it takes longer than im sorry but it doesnt seem that it would take much effort

While it may only take a week they're not going to introduce that right now right before patch release. since it's going through certification for consoles. That'd add way more complication to the patch cycle and so it'll probably come out as part of a micro patch.

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@powerbats said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@powerbats said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

While it may only take a week they're not going to introduce that right now right before patch release. since it's going through certification for consoles. That'd add way more complication to the patch cycle and so it'll probably come out as part of a micro patch.

and im fine with that i just wish they would say that they are working on it i wont mind if it is added in between chapters

• powerbats

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

and im fine with that i just wish they would say that they are working on it i wont mind if it is added in between chapters

Well perhaps in the next dev stream they'll talk about it and on page 1 @Peanits said he'd bring it up with them when he talked to them. He's not on the dev team but he does pass along things.

• Kurisu
    Kurisu Member Posts: 23

A game which these much sales should have already included a colorblind mode a long time ago but I guess daily cosmetics are more important right devs? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• TheLegendDyl4n1

bump

• chemical_reject
    edited September 2018
    Post edited by chemical_reject on
  • Global
    Global Member Posts: 770
    edited September 2018

@Nickenzie @Vietfox @PinkEricka @powerbats @Orion finally a good cause everyone in this community can back :) regardless of who you "main" here for a bump

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Global said:

@Nickenzie @Vietfox @PinkEricka @powerbats @Orion finally a good cause everyone in this community can back :) regardless of who you "main" here for a bump

Don't forget @fcc2014 and @chemical_reject
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Global said:

Let's gooooooo! :love:
  • NMCKE
    Global said:

For the colorblind people! C'mon everyone!
  • BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526

Bring on the colorblind support! On certain maps I can't see the generators or my totem's auras! I'd love the fix.

• Condorloco_26
    edited September 2018
    + 1
  • fcc2014

@Patricia any chance we can get an answer on this?

• TheLegendDyl4n1

thier avoiding it :/

• chemical_reject
    edited September 2018
    Guess it's settled. They don't care.
    Post edited by chemical_reject on
  • YankeeSan
    YankeeSan Member Posts: 32
    Don’t give up now!
  • chemical_reject
    YankeeSan said:
    Don’t give up now!
    They'd rather troll the community with "soonTM" on every post about the new content on the general discussions page then answer this post. 
  • NMCKE
    fcc2014 said:

Give them a little bit on this one. Everyone submit a question on the youtube q&a thread @chemical_reject @Vietfox @PinkEricka @Nickenzie @Orion @powerbats @YankeeSan @Dwights_leftfoot @NoxiousOnnyyxx @Condorloco_26 @Jigsawn @sulaiman @Daddy_Doctor @Michiko . If we give them 8-15 people asking for color blind support and the question isn't even addressed than you can deservedly ######### on them for ignoring the issue.

Sounds fair!
  • TheHourMan
    Use NVidia's GeForce Experience. Dead by Daylight supports a colorblind filters for three different types of colorblindness
  • TheHourMan
    If you had just looked on the second page of comments here, you would see that I already posted about this btw, even going as far as including screenshots of how exactly to enable these filters.
  • chemical_reject
    fcc2014 said:

Give them a little bit on this one. Everyone submit a question on the youtube q&a thread @chemical_reject @Vietfox @PinkEricka @Nickenzie @Orion @powerbats @YankeeSan @Dwights_leftfoot @NoxiousOnnyyxx @Condorloco_26 @Jigsawn @sulaiman @Daddy_Doctor @Michiko . If we give them 8-15 people asking for color blind support and the question isn't even addressed than you can deservedly ######### on them for ignoring the issue.

Well gosh, u just HAVE to be the voice of reason :p
  • TheLegendDyl4n1

@TheHourMan said:
    If you had just looked on the second page of comments here, you would see that I already posted about this btw, even going as far as including screenshots of how exactly to enable these filters.

but that isnt even apart of the game itself most big and great games support colorblindness in the setting with a simple change and what about console players? they can download this so called app so are they supose to buy a pc just to play this game after downloading something seperate from the base game itself?

• TheHourMan

@TheHourMan said:

but that isnt even apart of the game itself most big and great games support colorblindness in the setting with a simple change and what about console players? they can download this so called app so are they supose to buy a pc just to play this game after downloading something seperate from the base game itself?

I agree with you that the game does need to have internal colorblind filters. I am simply saying that this is a solution for pc players and that the devs actually had to make DbD compatible with NVidia Geforce Experience's filter mode. Many games are incompatible with this, including big games. "Most" big games supporting this is an exaggeration. Most SHOULD support colorblind modes, but a lot don't. Just keep asking about it on Youtube Q&A's and they will eventually add it.
  • fcc2014
    The game is on three platforms not just pc...... 
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 said:

Well gosh, u just HAVE to be the voice of reason :p
    When im the voice of reason we are in trouble.