We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Ghastly Gateau (anniversary cake) doesn't work

Options
Honkerton
Honkerton Member Posts: 24
edited June 2020 in Bug Reporting

Screenshots: https://i.imgur.com/Z7vkjDs.jpg https://i.imgur.com/vUFyMCD.jpg

Platform: PC

Description: A survivor used a Ghastly Gateau offering. Had the Ghastly Gateau offering worked, I would've earned 47 042 BP from the match, see my total BP in the top right corner. Same with the survivors, none of them got extra BP.

Steps: Use the offering.

How often does it occur: No idea.

Edit: I just did a second game, again didn't work: https://i.imgur.com/bvXmRfA.jpg

Post edited by Honkerton on
78 votes

Acknowledged · Last Updated

We are looking into this, right now the Gateau's do not stack and give 140% BP's to the person that plays the offering, but nothing to anyone else in the game.

Comments

• Strange_Scarecrow
    Strange_Scarecrow Member Posts: 50
    Options

Offering is working but looks like it's personal and doesn't stack

• coley_219
    coley_219 Member Posts: 324
    edited June 2020
    Options

I'm on PS4 and it didn't work for me. But i never had the confetti floating around me. The killer and one other survivor brought it in. I do not know if it awarded them the points or not. We were on the Rancid cornfield map

for some reason in this match below - it worked

Post edited by coley_219 on
  • Zyrax
    Zyrax Member Posts: 1
    Options

Can confirm. I do not get any bonus BP when other people use Ghastly Gateau. On Switch.

• TheTulipana
    TheTulipana Member Posts: 12
    Options

Same here. Played a match where both the killer and i brought it. Nobody got the bloodpoints and i only got bonus bloodpoints from my we're gonna love forever stacks.

• Hreos
    Hreos Member Posts: 10
    Options

Event cakes from last year, doesnt give you any bonus points as well.

• tylxr_jay
    tylxr_jay Member Posts: 76
    edited June 2020
    Options

Neither. I was in a survive with friends match and all 4 of us put on ghastly gateaus and I only got bonus blood points from 1 ghastly and my we’re gonna live forever stacks.

it seems that they do not contribute to all plays but only to the person that puts them on, kind of like an escape cake or survivor puddings.

not to mention I put on 4 ghastly gateaus in a row just to be certain and sure enough i was right.

• TheTulipana
    TheTulipana Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2020
    Options

Btw that last screen will never show you how many bloodpoints you got in total. The last page on the scoreboard will always show you how many bp you got in trial without any bonus modifier added. Your TOTAL amount of bloodpoints you got WITH bonuses are displayed on the first page in the post game screen.

Example:

1 The very last page of the end screen shows i got 4949 bp IN GAME: https://imgur.com/a/DQp2dD3

2 The 1st page showing i got 6154 bp from THE MATCH AS A WHOLE: https://imgur.com/a/YWuM31Y

• robangus
    robangus Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2020
    Options

Also having issues. It works for me (we had three active in a match and it only did the 104% for me)

The second time i bought one it didnt appear on the offerings screen before the match but was in the scorecard but didnt actually give me any extra BP (ss below)

https://imgur.com/a/mebaU9J (On PC. Not used it on switch yet)

• SurvJoe
    SurvJoe Member Posts: 111
    Options

yeah so far it's only working for the person who brings it and not stackable at all fix pls

• Casperge
    Casperge Member Posts: 1
    Options

In the offering description it says: "stacks" so it should stack.

• KeeBy
    KeeBy Member Posts: 17
    Options

It's not about being stackable.. it's personal(even if it says something else) , if it's personal it doesn't stack.. it's logic..

• mischeva
    mischeva Member Posts: 1
    Options

same here doesn't work fix pls

• robangus
    robangus Member Posts: 10
    Options

it also says its for all players in the game...

The 3yr anniversary offering worked the same way except being 103%

• Honkerton
    Honkerton Member Posts: 24
    Options

Yes, and while that might be the case, if you compare the BPs won in the match to the total BPs I have in the top right corner, you will notice that I started the game with about 1000 BP's and didn't win any extra beyond the 23k or so I made in that match.

• Potter
    Potter Member Posts: 15
    Options

PC is also working!

• TheMr
    TheMr Member Posts: 6
    Options

So what im hearing is.. The Cake is a lie?

• ShansImmortal
    ShansImmortal Member Posts: 23
    Options

It's not being stacked, and it is personal only. 4 of us brought cakes in SWF and we each received ONLY 104% We tested i t and had 3 people bring cakes, and only 3 people got ONLY 104%. So it's completely broke. And a lot of BP we are missing out on.

• KeeBy
    KeeBy Member Posts: 17
    Options

well well .. look who needs to learn how to read. I SAID , RIGHT NOW THE CAKE WORKS LIKE A PERSONAL OFFERING WHICH DOESN'T STACK that's why it's personal.

I know the gruesome gateau worked like a bps +3% , it's probably just a bug which will be fixed soon.

• Tomozudoari
    Tomozudoari Member Posts: 12
    Options

Same problem

• mtorquato
    mtorquato Member Posts: 31
    Options

I got 2 games as killer and doesn't work for me!

• Uindangergurl
    Uindangergurl Member Posts: 9
    Options

should be an easy fix. Why hasn’t it been addressed yet by devs. Isn’t kinda the most exciting thing about the event?

• Kalliath
    Kalliath Member Posts: 2
    Options

I have the same problem: 3 ppl brought gateaus, but they only worked in a personal, non-stacking way. Please fix soon!

• Krilkal
    Krilkal Member Posts: 68
    Options

Can comfirm. The gateau is a lie.

• NosrednA
    NosrednA Member Posts: 2
    Options

gateau and escape cake not working!

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

In my case it was the following:

One other guy (so not me) brought one ghastly. I received 250 bonus BP in that game.

In another match, someone bringing one ghastly, another one gruesome and me also a ghastly. I got the full bonus (base BP *4) a friend got only double BP (apparently from 3rd anniversary gateau)

• Alexandra
    Alexandra Member Posts: 87
    Options

The cakes are not working on ps4 either. Just had a game with multiple cakes and only earned what i got in game.

• Skydeszka
    Skydeszka Member Posts: 2
    Options

It works as a personal perk, lots of players who I played with complained too PC, no needed circumtance.

• memento
    memento Member Posts: 158
    Options

>After investigation, we have found that the Ghastly Gateau offering bonus is 140% instead of 104%, but does not stack.

It's a lie. My cake didn't give BP bonus at all to me. It's neither 140% nor 104%.

• raquelambersantiago
    raquelambersantiago Member Posts: 373
    Options

Seems to be totally random IF they stack or not. Some matches they have stacked and worked gotten over 113k BP, other matches not stack and just give 140% to the person who uses them so seems to be random atm.

• NebuLositY
    NebuLositY Member Posts: 2
    Options

Do you think its possible that its a typo in the code? As in 140% satcks? Would be hilarious if so

• Hendi99999
    Hendi99999 Member Posts: 3
    Options

How long can it takes to fix such a small offering bug?

• PortiMeo
    PortiMeo Member Posts: 40
    edited June 2020
    Options

I feel we're dealing with the same team like YouTube

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,003
    edited June 2020
    Options

The gateau is a lie, there is only the cake.

Through the cake we gain bloodpoints,

Through bloodpoints we gain items,

Trough items we gain power,

Through power we gain victory,

Through victory our ranks get broken.

May the Entity set us free.

• SantaKlawz1
    SantaKlawz1 Member Posts: 189
    Options

If we save screen's hits will we get those blood points back or are they gone forever?

• SantaKlawz1
    Options

Screen shots

• Xyex
    Xyex Member Posts: 140
    Options

I've gotten 140% every time I've played one.

How long does it take to fix a small hole in your roof? Just because it seems small doesn't mean it's simple. And they only found out about it yesterday, they rarely push hotfixes mid week unless it's something major. Chances are we won't see it patched until next week.

• ggallinftw
    ggallinftw Member Posts: 351
    Options

Yup, i'm getting a 0% bonus whenever a cake is used too. Yay.

• Stargazer
    Stargazer Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2020
    Options

Had a match earlier today, said only one offering was brought in, mine a cake. End of game, I see somebody else brought in a cake, didn't even get the extra blood points from the cake I brought in. So not only was there a bug for the missing offering that should have been there, but also the cake didn't work at all.

• Hydro_dbd
    Hydro_dbd Member Posts: 1
    Options

3 cakes and only got my we’re gonna live forever bonus. Confirmed these cakes do not give bp nor stack for that matter

• Beacri
    Beacri Member Posts: 8
    Options

I experienced a lot the same situations. In example with 3 or 4 Ghastlys and full B&C, with base 28k BP I got only 60k BP total... Just finished another match when my personal cake didn't even worked...

• FeryGEN
    FeryGEN Member Posts: 627
    Options

And of course, after the week of this bug, the cake event will not be extended

• Caleaha
    Caleaha Member Posts: 90
    Options

Yeah, it says all players which got me and my friends totally excited as we are looking forward to sharing blood points with the killers, maybe have them not face camp us and tunnel us to death? Would be great. But alas, played a few games today and no bueno.

• satanwuvsyou
    satanwuvsyou Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2020
    Options

can confirm gateau doesn't work on pc :( very disappointing

EDIT: I've got screenshots that show you don't even get a personal 140% bonus

• Cul13n
    Cul13n Member Posts: 11
    Options

The flashlights no longer work on switch either. Both the event and regular flashlights. I’ve not tried the medkit as of yet. I’ve also had 3 games in the last 2 days that loaded with 5 survivors and I’ve also noted that my friends list disappears randomly. I think there might be a few bugs, and sadly with the devs history (particularly with the switch) I don’t think they’ll be resolved anytime soon

• SantaKlawz1
    Options

I don't understand why they would have an event that doesn't work and then not extend it. I'm new to this game. Is this what I should expect? If so I'm thankful I haven't spent any money on it. What a way to run a company.

• dknb
    dknb Member Posts: 120
    Options

4th gateau does not work. bonus was nothing not 140.

and flashlight and medikit not arrival on bloodweb. on STEAM

• Deadeye
    Options

Someone told me that I didn't have the cake equipped when that happened to me. My post game screen showed me that I was perkless (which was wrong) and having cake and toolbox equipped. I equipped toolbox and cake and started with the toolbox. But afterwards I noticed that I did not lose a cake. So this is also bugged, you equip the cakes but the game unequips them for you (as well as the post game screen being totally messed up like showing Hag power when you played against Mikey)

Btw it gives 104%, at least today. Yesterday or 2 days ago they stacked when I equipped one, but not when I had no cake. I have seriously no idea what is going on with this event

@Peanits

• Deadeye
    Options

just save them until they are fixed. I would reccomend that to everyone. You can still use them after the event