The Ranking System For Survivors, AFK killers and rank loss progress protection

Hello Everyone,

Recently i have been trying to get to rank one to get the rank 1 achievement. I have been close (2 pips away) but I had games were 2+ players DC at the start of the game or hook suicide etc. Also in particular AFK Wraiths.

Generally I don't necessarily care about the ranking system and play to just have fun but here are some suggestions were it could perhaps improve.

Disconnects and hook suicides:

1 Disconnect generally is still doable in terms of staying on the current pip I was on but still relies on teammates' skill as well as my own.

2 Disconnects, can be really hard to still win so from here on you might want to add rank progression protection were you don't lose any of your pips or at least grant enough score in the benevolent category since you can't be as benelovent as with 4 players since killer can camp hook if necessary.

3 players disconnect: Even if you get hatch you don't score enough points and lose 1 pip towards rank progression.

Hook suicides:

Basically the same as above, 1 is fine and could be considered as “Some go willingly”. Did have partys were it was 3 and again, even with hatch not enough points to keep current progress.

AFK Wraiths:

When killers are afk your team generally will clear all the gens and start and open the exit gate to open I try to prevent this by pressing 2 to come follow and Let's look for the killer to farm BP (and rank progression). Unfortunately depending on how fast your team fixes the gens and opens exit gates you will lose a pip even when surviving all 4. Because you lack enough evasion or winning chase points since the wraith is invisible at game start i couldn't get enough points for evasion or chase and lost rank progression as well.

This could theoretically be exploited to derank all players by AFKing Wraith.

So i hope in the above explained situations that there is a possibility of rank progression loss protection.

Rank match-ups:

I've noticed that rank match-ups can sometimes be unbalanced and can be in your favor or against your favor. Generally this is well balanced since i only get these every so often like 1 every 10 games and even if you were to get more of these it is probably to reduce wait times.

The ranking system itself:

While writing this i tried to think of perhaps better ways of how the ranking system could work or grade. Unfortunately I couldn't think of anything and it seems to me a relative good way to rank survivors. But perhaps you have thought of something that would improve it so leave a comment about it down below!