No way to survive

Over the last year or so that I have been playing dead by daylight I've noticed that the game has gone from fun to there is no way you will win as a survivor. Literally in the latest patches survivors have been getting nerfed again and again and killers keep getting buffed. I get that you are trying to make the game more of a hide and seek kind of thing but you are forcing this idea so hard that you just make the game less and less fun to play. Honestly no one plays this game to hide from the killer that's not fun, you play to juke and feel good about yourself. That's the main reason people keep playing and if you don't want poeple to lose interest in the game you should stop nerfing looping, 360, infinites and all of the stuff survivors have to survive. You are forcing the idea of hide and seek so hard that you can't actually see you are making the game less and less fun for survivors.
Sorry if I seem too aggressive I'm not making this to attack the developers and game designers don't get me wrong I am still addicted to the game but I am afraid that if this keeps going on for some time, people will lose interest in the game and so will I. Again just some general ideas I don't mean any harm torwards the developers I might be completely wrong but these are my current thoughts about the game.
( I would love to hear the thoughts of other survivor and killer mains too)

Comments

• RagingCalm
    RagingCalm Member Posts: 408
    edited August 2018

Just wondering, what is your survivor and killer rank? and hours played on both sides. Most people have the same mindset until about 500 hours played total(combined from both sides), then they realize that Killer really do need the recent buffs.

Around rank 10(as Killer) is where you start to see survivors get significantly better. That is because the learning curve for this game is as high as Bill Murray, for killer and survivor, but slightly more for survivor imo. Overall Killer is way harder at rank 1, but getting to rank 10 is harder for survivors(imo, again).

EDIT: I re-read your post and decided to add that a lot of people are also embracing the hide-and-seek playstyle, or have from the start. This is also the way that the devs have always imagined their game, not to be a free-for-all. I really do suggest that you take off all of your exhaustion perks, BT and DS(if you use them) and play with more stealthy perks(if you don't know what for a last perk, use We'll Make It or Empathy).

You are, of course, allowed to have your own opinion, just know that most people that play this game a whole lot will disagree with you.
    See you in the Fog.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

B-but my Lithe and Dance With Me combo :cry:

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

How many times do you wanna post the same thing?

• BasementLeatherBoi
    BasementLeatherBoi Member Posts: 72

I have to admit I threw up in my mouth a little when I read the entire post. I don’t want to be one of those guys who only says “git gud” but I think you kind of need to. When I first started this game I thought survivor was harder than killer too, but I got experienced and learned how to play the game and I can definitely say that killer is much harder than survivor. Also you realize the only nerfs survivors have really received are the exhaustion nerfs and mechanical nerfs like the pallet vacuum getting removed. They’re even buffing pallets back so I don’t understand why you’re complaining so much about survivors being horrible. Looping still exists unfortunately and I’m pretty sure people play this game to have fun not to 360 killers and feel good about themselves. Also killers have gotten a few buffs compared to the many survivors have. Also the reason infinite’s and pallet looping were nerfed were because they were gamebreaking. I think you need to get some experience at killer at higher ranks and see if you still think that survivors are terrible and need more buffs.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    edited August 2018

Hey! I'm a guy who mainly plays Survivor.

We definitely got the leeway over the Killers. Try practicing some more! I think you'll come to see it someday. They definitely are underpowered.

• kone19
    kone19 Member Posts: 72
    I’m a new player and I don’t mind the hide and seek aspect however it is incredibly frustrating when I’m a low level survivor matched with stacked tier 3 purple perk killers that can see where you are constantly from the perks as well as significantly slow you down. But I think this is more of a poor matchmaking issue than a balance as I don’t have any high level survivors with perks yet to even test counters. 
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited August 2018
    Thanks I needed a laugh today. If you seriously think this you are just bad at the game. I don’t even mean this in a sarcastic or rude way. The game is still so ridiculously in favor of survivors still that no person with an decent level of skill and rank would think this way. It’s a you issue, practice more.