The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Help us getting Springtrap ♥️

1235»

Comments

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

Ok so now its fans are 16....it doesn't stop it from being C-list horror at best...its like trying to put the Toxic Crusader into a horror box and put him up against The Nun. Just no....Let the memes stay memes and put DBD on a real pathway.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,497
    edited July 2020

Im just telling you its not a kids game and ive read the novels scott goes into detail when someone dies its definitely not a kids thing (unlike barney obviously). Also i literally have mr.puddles clown and the silent hill rabbit legion and now billys scream when he runs kills me with laughter lol. And people want derpface from scary movie as a skin so if were going the joking route i mean springtrap doesnt feel that far off.

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

All these were to grab money in the first place and, in the second place, attract new people to the franchises in one way or the other, so I don't see where the FnaF is different here. The only reason people are hating it is because of their negative bias towards that game

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

As long as we have those for noed threads, ds threads, swf threads, mori threads, key threads, "######### the devs" threads, and EGC unfair threads too.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    edited July 2020

No memes? That's all freddy does. Bad puns and jokes. His remake movie IS A MEME.

Ghostface is a joke. His oc is shaggy and his buddy acting like a killer, then stabbing themselves to try and get away with it.

Pizza dwight.

At this point, anything fits if its loosely horror related

And 16 year old fans? How many younger kids came when st dropped? Not counting those that were already here.

And believe it or not, plenty of 20+ year olds enjoy it as well. It's not just little kiddies.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
    edited July 2020

Fnaf has some of the worst writing in horror ever. It seems like Scott never really had anywhere to go after 3 and just added some dumb things to the story that made no sense. The jumpscares are tiresome, and that's bad since the game relies on it. Every game has the same gameplay, and the "obscure" story is locked behind some stupid minigames.

• joshuashep22
    joshuashep22 Member Posts: 236

why is everyone so against this? let's debunk some arguments:

1- "it's a cash grab" every dlc has been a cash grab *cough* mettle of man *cough* the point is it's no different from other dlc's.

2-"it's a game for kids" it was adapted to be that way but if you do some research you will find that it is/was an adult horror game at it's core.

3-"but the age rating! and the community is toxic! first of all take a look at the age rating of stranger things and second of all the dbd community is just as bad if not worse.

4-"fnaf is a c tier horror with a small/cult following" just because you don't like it doesn't make it bad, and the following is rather large for an indie game, there was a time when fnaf was bigger then dbd.

5-"scott cawthon is greedy and a bad person" you need to do some research if you think this, but to be fair everyone against fnaf doesn't seem to even do any research which really says a lot.

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

Bring on Springtrap!! 🌈🎉🎉

• SIeepWaIker
    SIeepWaIker Member Posts: 47

No. I don't know Springtrap. I don't want to know Springtrap. I've never played FNAF. I've never cared to play FNAF. Is FNAF as well-known as Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Scream, Saw, Halloween, or Silent Hill?

FNAF seems like such a niche gaming circle without the clout or popularity of Stranger Things, Nightmare on Elm Street, etc. To even put it in the same ballpark seems absurd. Seems like a waste of a license to go after a small FNAF fanbase, when much a larger one exists... Horror/Slasher film fans... Friday 13th, Candyman, Jeepers Creeper, Childs Play. I'd rather see any of those iconic slasher licenses over FNAF. Jack Torrence from the Shining scares me more than a robot furry.

• Bumbus
    Bumbus Member Posts: 600

I guess we should get a maniac from JoJo too

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810

As a person who wants Springtrap in DbD, I'd take this trade any day

• AwesomeBird707
    AwesomeBird707 Member Posts: 4

They most likely are already playing the game and if something terrifying like Springtrap causes more to enter the game then just imagine how many joined due to Clown's elephant skin or Legions' bunny costume.