How Good Is The Pig?

2»

Comments

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    edited June 2020

Yeah you need to get some better perks for her. Not just pop. Like ma, whispers, bbq, nurses, theres z bunch.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

So the answer to the OP is that, piggy is as good as you make her.

Which can be said for every killer. There isnt a bad killer on the roster in the hands of a player that has taken the time to use them and learn them.

For instance, nurse is almost always top of the list. For me shes the bottom because i havent put the time in. Nor do i want to. Oni is another one people say is really good, but i cant do anything woth him.

Clown is almost always in a toss up between worst or second worst (prebuff) and i find him one of the better killers on my roster.

Every killer can play against every survivor team. Its just that some killers do so easier than others.

How good is pig? That really all depends on how good YOU make her.

• dragobv
    dragobv Member Posts: 304

i recomend scorpionz his pigguide

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522

I can't watch that scorpionz guy, he's just constantly being a judgmental prick about everything that everyone else does.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

I'm doing good with Pig in red ranks, but then again I do good with all killers lol. Mid tier killer perhaps?

• Dead_by_Gadfly

Over the last month ive been tracking my stats with different killers. Pig outperformed Freddy and Doc:

(Ignore the totals at the top the software is adding the averages together, the averages next to the killer are whats important).

Theres a few variables to consider like the average ranks of the survivors were slightly higher against pig so the survivors werent AS good and then theres the builds to consider (fred i was running end game build so nothing slowdown) but even with those things taken into consideration I think this highlights just how underrated she is. And I can tell you while actually playing the games I felt like she had a little more consistent control and I could make plays (like ambushing people i saw going for the unhook) I couldnt do with the others. Even just look at the average match length, hers is longer.

I did 15 games per killer and used the same buikds for that specific killer for all 15 games including add ons.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

This actually gives me an idea to keep track of match times for my stat tracking in the future. (I'll probably wait until Crossplay, though.)

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

Imo shes worst or second worst killer. No map pressure or real chase tools until you get someone down on the floor which is extremely hard as a basically M1 killer. She has some good snowball potential but its solely based on chance. You could get really lucky and be an A tier killer with her or get unlucky and basically lose instantly

• Kaethela
    Kaethela Member Posts: 348

I've recently started using the ambush during chases to close out loops and it works fantastically. You can catch people around corners that other M1 killers wouldn't be able to.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I recorded a game yesterday... 4k on Hawkins Lab

But she's my main so........

I think she can be upper tier if played right (Yes, there's a right and a wrong way to play her)

• Kaethela

Please elaborate on right/wrong ways to play her. I'd love tips on improving!

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

Shes not that bad but egc nerf her a bit so she need an adjustment. I think when you learn all the pathing with her ambush you will see her true strengh. If you want to where i place her in the tier list shes prob the best C tier killer or a low B tier killer. Personally i dont do a lot of BP with her i stay around the 24k so i black pip a lot but i get my kill if you play for that.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

She's extremely fun and versatile. Has some of the worst addons for a killer in the game. Her base kit is pretty good once you out the time in, but it's pretty skill dependent for both sides. As one of my mains I can sing her praises, but I've put a unhealthy amount of hours into her.

• Kaethela

The little squeak she does when she gets pallet stunned is the most adorable thing ever.

• Sylorknag
    Sylorknag Member Posts: 760

I believe she's alright, though there are some QoL changes she could used.

For example, increasing her camera high while crouched, as most of the time you're looking at grass.

Her rbt are also extremely RNG dependent. Sometimes people get it off on the first try and it never gives you any map pressure, other times it straight up kills people. I would like to see some kind of debuff applied to those who got it off.

Broken would be fitting for the Saw team.

• RaSavage42

First @PigMainClaudette can you point out anything I say wrong (seeing that we have different playstyles)

1) Trap the first survivor you down. Then don't worry about that survivor unless you see an opportunity or they get the trap off... Survivors will likely have another gen near competed as well

2) Don't use all of your trap at the start use that one ^^^ then wait for a gen to be completed then trap the next survivor... don't be afraid to hit all survivors before the first down. That'll help you out even more in the early game

3) DON'T CHASE AN ACTIVE TRAP... at all... but if you can get a hit/ down it's fine

4) Be sure to use all yer trap before the last gen is started... EGC has taken her down hard

5) Perk builds are also important use perks that cover some of her weakness

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Okay-ish

• RaSavage42

Oh really... I've been (trying in vein) tracking my games (To an extent) and recording them

I also started a Youtube channel to help (it's only gameplay right now)

I've wanted to gather stats to compare all different killers and builds and respective skill level (Not going by ranks but what happens from game to game)

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    edited June 2020

I was waiting till i had more to send the data to you

Im at 75 games right now.

• Jigsaw_pprentice1993
    Jigsaw_pprentice1993 Member Posts: 225

I main the pig she is underrated but to

understand the pig fully scorpionz has made a guide on YT. He has thousends of hours in pig so very recommended if ur newer to pig

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Disagree with point 2, but the rest is fine. You need that first down really quickly to apply pressure with the RBT.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

I think she's pretty bad, I would say she's probably in top 5 worst killers. She really could use some base kit buffs and an add-on update.

• RaSavage42

I think you've misinterpreted what I was saying...

Only using ONE as soon as you can is what I was getting at

If you use any more you have less stall potential later on...

Some survivors have waited for all RBT's to be used then pop 3-4 gens within 15-20 seconds (give or take) of the last person removing their RBT

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

Pig has the worst addons in the whole game. The only good one is the aura reading, same like the wraith, but she gets a hefty nerf out of it. Where the wraith has very good addons, she has none.

They have to either buff the addons or they have to highlight the auras of headtrap survivors that work on the machines.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Yeah, it's more the hitting everyone before getting a down part. The first down is important and you can't waste time injuring everyone.

• RaSavage42

I reread my comment and figured that would be the problem... I have had games where I'd get 2-3 hits before a down and it doesn't affect me as much...

But I guess that shows how versatile she can be

• RaSavage42
    edited June 2020

I recorded a match on Hawkins Lab as Pig... Want me to try to send it to you?