The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New game mode needed

XeroIdea
XeroIdea Member Posts: 41
edited July 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

While the DBD team are busy patting themselves on the back for making it to year 4 and not only that but somehow managing to get they're dirty hands on rights to get the big Pyramid Head into the game, I'm going to slap them in the face with a reality check.

The whole game mode of survivors working on gens to get out VS Killer stopping survivors AKA killing them, eventually gets dull and boring. Either being forced into a loop or a chase that gets boring too when everything becomes predictable. A new game mode is needed badly. Otherwise, this game will simply turn to dust. Everyone of your community wants balance in both Survivor and Killer but seeing as how that hasn't really happened yet, the dev teams literal option is a new game mode or bust.

Lets be real here, no one cares about the overpriced cosmetics or the rift all that much either. The new game mode needs to have new elements in...."survival" instead of just working on gens to get gates open OR you know, the red rank get camped way of play either. Need ideas for a new game mode, I don't know, ask your community that you keep trolling because you think its okay and what we want? (Which is NOT want we want at all)

My idea is make it so that the survivors have to do something, but not generators, to stop a ritual of the entity. Of course, the killer will be doing their usual job of killing but also give the killer a small amount of objective to do in order to complete the ritual. End game can be a mad dash for a portal or exit. Of course you can put a hatch too incase of "not fun" killers. Use the totems as a reference, also better levels. Not one sided levels either and you KNOW what I mean.

If not that kind of idea, then implement the idea that has been brought up probably more times than you can count, which is like 2v8. 2 Killers, Eight Survivors. The maps can be bigger than they are and it could be kind of like a hide and kill mode. Come on man, I am thinking of this stuff as I type, so its not hard.

Add more ideas to this for a new game modes that people would like. More ideas, hopefully, and I use that world very VERY lightly, will get considered at the least. Have at it.

Post edited by XeroIdea on

Comments

• XeroIdea
    XeroIdea Member Posts: 41

Well this thread was disappointing, seeing as no one has added to it.... :(

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649

We have been asking for a casual mode with the same gameplay objectives for years and we didn’t see anything yet and you want them to add a mode with completely different elements and objectives? Lol. I mean don’t get me wrong I would love new modes to be added in the game, we really need something different but I doubt we’ll see anything of the sort any time soon. There’s only one mode: “ranked” and we don’t even have a practice arena. The game lacks so much.

• PassarinoT
    PassarinoT Member Posts: 910

It's so weird bc I never really played online games until Dead By Daylight, so this really set the standard for me. Then, I go try other games and think "holy s#*t! why doesn't dbd have this?" and then I realize most of those things are baseline for other games. This game needs so much, like you said.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

I don't think dbd is ready to have another game mode, because it will divide playerbase which is not big enough. I guess it will massively increase queue times.

But I've been thinking about different game modes. What if there will be 2vs4 mode and Killers are not coop but compete for kills?

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649
    edited July 2020

I think it’s big enough for at least one mode. Keep in mind we’re getting crossplay very soon. The playerbase on Steam alone is big. We have players from Microsoft Store. The biggest playerbase though is on consoles, PS4 (most DbD players), Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. I disagree with you that DBD is not ready. The game has been out for 4 years, we really need another mode.

Post edited by stargazer9 on