We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

We Nerfed Billy But Not Freddy or Spirit?

Comments

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

took a 10 month, 3 DLC break, and return to forum threads calling for Freddy nerfs.

Never in my life did I think it would happen, LOL

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

When most of the cast is still too weak because voice comms destroy the little balance the game has..well..its not a pleasant experiance

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Spirit is about mindgames and audio (which is bugged for killers more than half the time)... as well as looping differently to most killers. Why would you loop a spirit like a Wraith, or billy? You have to change your strategy on the killer. Spirit is fine. She used to be better, but then her addons got obliterated.

Freddy, though... some of his addons are just not fun to go against. But playing him at a low level is also really not fun. However, if you keep trying to loop a freddy at a trapped loop, you only have yourself to blame there.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

Spirit was already nerfed! The reason why survivor's want her nerfed again is because they can't tell if she's phasing or not! Sadly this is the purpose of Spirit, to trick survivor's! A lot of survivor's would rather mindlessly loop a killer than use their brain to counter the killer! I can't speak for Spirit with Stridor simply because I learned Spirit without Stridor! The reason why I main Spirit is because I grow tired of constantly dealing with loop after loop, and if I can push a survivor away from a loop because they are too insecure to even try to use their brain, I will happily take that chance.

Even if they do add some kind of indicator that Spirit is phasing, all she has to do is hide her husk and listen for you!

The reason why BHVR hasn't done anything about Freddy is simply because he's being used as intended. Freddy's snares are meant to slow survivor's down, Sleeping survivor's being chased out in the open are going to avoid the snares outside of a loop. It's like PH Trail of Torment, your going to avoid it until you have no choice but to walk in it!

I hate to say this, but if survivor's can't mindlessly loop a killer or use a pallet at a loop, they want that killer nerfed! I play both sides and I would rather deal with a killer that will stop me from looping rather than continuously rely on the same tactic to defend myself or waste the killer's time!

• DetectiveBingBong
    DetectiveBingBong Member Posts: 67

Sorry mate, but standing still? That's called a "Mind Game." And sometimes it fails.

• OniKobayashi
    OniKobayashi Member Posts: 274

Take off your perks and add-ons and see how strong Spirit is. Maybe take off your headphones too.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    • Who is not? For example (and there are many) check out players like Zubat, Ayrun, Fungoose or Umbra just to name a few. This game is really not very competetive and those i listed are also far away from pro level, but compared to those, he looks like a beginner.
    • He 4Ks ... that does every half decent killer most of the time. Its nothing special, when even i can do it.
    • "against red rank killers" ... this might be a suprise, but red rank means nothing (like absolutly nothing, people with less then 100 hours are red ranked, i boosted total beginners to rank 1 with no problem). The skillgap within rank 1 is probably the same as rank 2-20. And yet again, this is not a competetive game. I reached red rank in my first season and R1 within a good month... with both roles. Its really not that hard.
    • His very good points about balance issues... lol sorry but he is the biggest crybaby in Dead by Daylight thats all. His points are usually nonsense. Look at his "Wraith and Bubba are underrated" stuff recently. Both killers carried by best addons.. Its not that every half decent player knew what the best addons of both of those killers were before he said it and everyone with 2 braincell know that both can be good under some circumstances. He comes with these "new" ideas that are known since ages but are somehow a miracle invention to sub-par players... and they are not evne thought out to an end. When i was a beginner, i also thought he is a good player, but i improved.
  • BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

If you're searching for logic in BVHR's decision making process, I've got bad news for you. This story ain't got a happy ending, chief.

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870
    edited July 2020

So how do I get a good team in solo queue? And wasting a pallet means not get it's most use before dropping it.

Not everyone likes guessing games I dont and guessing games are not healthy for this game just excusing spirits flawed character design is unacceptable. Also saying to make a better choice in a guess isnt a valid argument but it's pretty self explanatory.

• SilentChill
    SilentChill Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2020

I find it funny, survivors are supposed to be scared of the killer even in a 4 on 1 scenario. I can see how survivors would constantly say they are being abused, the math doesn't add up. However, in truth , Killers are scared of Survivors screaming for (more) nerfs. So who is the real game killer here?

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

For freddy, drop the pallet early instead of greeding the loop

For spirit, stop running like a 4head and walk to keep from making scratch marks

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Cause they are more balanced than Billy?

Hah, I make myself laugh.

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505

Freddy and Spirit don't need nerfs. Well, not really. Freddy for sure is fine. You could argue that "he's easy to play and do well with" but hey - imagine a survivor complaining that something is easy to play and do well at, amirite? Legit though, the only thing Spirit needs is a tell when she goes into her power. That's literally it.

Powerful does not mean overpowered.

• gorgono1
    gorgono1 Member Posts: 43

4k 50 games in a row is impossible, no matter what killer. By that time you will get to higher rank and face a good SWF that will make you look like a fool.

So I dont believe him.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Spirit and Freddy won't be getting nerfed anytime in the near future.

Many people will say Spirit just got nerfed even though she was FIXED.

Freddy just got a rework so nerfing him would be asking far too much.

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926

Spirit was already nerfed. They removed her collision with survivors while phasing and they made her vault animation visible to survivors.

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810

With the exception of maybe spirit, they're all balanced.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

Spirit was already nerfed in many ways, including making several of her add ons useless. She has vaulting animation now so she can't mindgame that anymore also you dont bump into her anymore so that is less tracking, seriously stop crying just because she isn't a push over to escape. Freddy isn't in need of a nerf either, his teleport is on a very long cooldown and you just loop him like you would a doc/clown. People are so ridiculous these days, they want to be able to run the same perks and deal with every killer in the same boring way, learn to adapt.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

Spirit is not balanced. Maybe Freddy but definitely not Spirit.

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 911

We already nerfed Spirit by removing collision during the phase and gutting prayer beads.

• Kellie

Cause a killer based around luck and prediction is not balanced. All you need is a good headset and you'll be 4K'ing like crazy.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833

freddy got nerfed already he is fine. spirit is stronger but also requires a higher skill to use than freddy.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

Sounds like you just drinking haterade. Prolly one of the people he embarrassed on his live stream, ain't ya. It's ok, you can tell me. I got a whamburger and some french cries for you. Wash it down with a nice cold whineakin. It's ok buddy.

• BubbaMain64
    BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546

Just even further showing your lack of self awareness.

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

Spirit has a lengthy cooldown on her ability.

Freddy has a cooldown on his teleport, but none for his snares (which are countered by staying awake).

Next.

• Jahoyhoy_97
    Jahoyhoy_97 Member Posts: 12

Billy didn't need a nerf, but the devs kinda have a hard time leaving killers with outdated loadouts alone. ( I.e the nurse) but from what I've seen of his nerfs as long as they fix that God awful 14 second cool down time and tweak the add-ons, it really won't be that bad. Sure you'll have to get used to making more "dedicated" actions, but I don't think it'll be nurse bad.

• Kellie

Her phasing ability is all luck and guess. You have no indication on when and where shes phasing, and the fact that when she starts her 'Phase Walk' it as the exact same animation as her standing still which leads to free and easy hits cause you'll have no idea what shes doing.

• Shorty_Hutch
    Shorty_Hutch Member Posts: 22

Is it too much to ask to maybe play as the specific killer and learn their tactics and playstyles to combat them when playing survivor? Just me then. I don't mind playing against the spirit. Every killer can be anticipated. It helps to learn workarounds for their powers instead of getting them nerfed because people cant stand to use some sense.

• sekkima
    sekkima Member Posts: 194
    edited July 2020

The spirit is broken, you can see players with less than 100 hours in red rank with it.

My problem with it is that it allows you to ignore the original mechanics of the game without having to invest more than 5 days.

Another killer who allows this is the nurse, but even if you play her for a month, you don't fully control her.

Well at least for me, doing 4k/3k with the spirit has no merit.

• BubbaMain64

That makes every killer bad. You're taking away tracking and perks which are some of the essential parts for a killer's success.

• BubbaMain64

They don't. They can guess but they don't know where she's at truly. And that's the whole thing, if you guess wrong you die. A chase with Spirit is more like a game of russian roulette except there's 3 bullets opposed to 1. And somebody can just shoot you anyways. Speak based off of experience, not what streamers tell you.

• BubbaMain64

But the problem is there is no work around. Hoping that she just "isn't good" or misses isn't a counter. A counter would be being able to tell when she's phasing and actually having a way to know where she is.

• shane32
    shane32 Member Posts: 383

I don even like using snares when I play as Freddy. I feel like it does nothing. I love using pallet Freddy now thats fun.

• BraveClem
    BraveClem Member Posts: 333

Spirit already got nerfed,including her addons and vault animation that now makes her look like a monkey when going through a window,kinda dumb to see a ghost vault a window that way,and freddy's snares needs a buff,they don't do nothing,the pallets addon is ok,is more effective than the snares,that look fun to use but are a disaster

• ObscurityDragon
    ObscurityDragon Member Posts: 710
    edited July 2020

Getting 1 nerf doesnt always mean its enough to be honest, balance is a long time work where you gotta hear at the feedbacks, good and bad ones.

And Freddy's Snares can legit be spamed, you can close a hooked survivor with them with no chance to avoid for the rescue, they are fast to set, they can be triggered 2 times/snake id the survivor runs on it again and they give you medium vaults at best.

You place a share to the left of a wall or pallet, one to the right, and either the survivor runs, either he is for free, snares are super strong, but palets are stupid too to be honest, getting a "stun" because youre stopped thanks to the animation for a fale pallet, where with the doc they disapear when you get near....feels unfair thats all

Beside im not a fan of a killer that has too many powers to himself (traper, wraith ans many more only have one ability, Freddy has a "hand" full of abilities....haha)

Edit: The Pig is the best Killer anyway

• ThisGuuy83

Stealth, wits, and four of your 20 second chance perks and add ons.

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858

Maybe you're braindead if you can't figure out how to outplay a spirit. I could also argue against survivors using your reasoning for spirit counterplay, "killers have no legitimate counters to survivors that fake vault windows/pallets. It's basically a guessing game. As killer, we should know when they are or are not going to vault."

• BubbaMain64

And would wits not be distracting the killer? Perhaps by wasting their time at a loop? Also are you advocating for people to use second chance perks? Hmm...

• BubbaMain64

Except you can tell when they fake the pallet and not fall for it next time.. There's no difference between a Spirit who stands still and one who is phasing, meaning there is no possible way to tell until you're dead.

• FellowKillerMain

There's no difference between a survivor who vaults and doesn't vault, they both run at the pallet meaning there's no way to know until you've decided what to do in response to them running at a pallet.

The answer is the same to both, your argument and the argument I made. It's about behaving in a random, unpredictable way. You should always assume when the spirit stands still that she is phasing, i.e. don't get close to her, run away, or walk away and avoid grass. You should always assume that the survivor is going to vault.

If the spirit stands still, assume she is phasing, if she tricks you then assume she isn't phasing. If the survivor fake vaults, assume they will fake vault.

What really comes down to for both situations is know both roles well enough to understand when and why players fake certain behaviors, then predict the fakes before they happen. Is a survivor within range to hit if they choose to vault? Assume they're going to fake. Is the spirit standing still at a safe loop? Assume she is faking. Start walking away from the loop, count to 3, assume she has started phasing to come get you, turn and run perpendicular to the direction you were walking in, or run back to the pallet. No spirit is ever going to stand still and fake phasing if a survivor starts walking away. They will assume you are going to walk away a certain distance, then begin to run hoping to conceal scratch marks. So many survivors do this, but they never seem to consider that once the faking spirit sees you leaving, they begin to phase within the next 2-3 seconds.

• ThisGuuy83

Well with the way your attacking everyone who disagrees with your opinion, it seems you need to get better, instead of wanting nerfs for viable killers that already received them. Spirit and Freddy can be countered, just not w the same brain dead tactics that work on other killers because they can't really counter it.

• BubbaMain64

I haven't attacked anybody. I'm simply pointing flaws in the points people made. Like I said before, just because something was nerfed doesn't mean it was fixed. Ormond is still completely broken even after the nerf. The only nerf Spirit received was towards 2 of her add-ons and a vaulting animation. These were steps toward fixing her, but not an actual fix to the core problem. I only asked that if survivors aren't suppose to use looping then what are they suppose to use? What specifically qualifies as "wits"? How are suvivors suppose to make sure their team doesn't die when they stealth around the map doing nothing? And by mentioning "Your 20 other second chance perks and add-ons" are you asking for them to use it to escape? That's all I asked from you. If I were attacking anybody I would've been banned off of the forums by now. It's all simple questions as to what you would like to see.

• BubbaMain64

The thing with a pallet fake is that you can predict the survivor using it against you the next time. With Spirit it's just "well she's invisible now so I guess I should try to do something". When she phases and you're still at a loop she gets you. If you run away, she gets you. The problem is that there's no indicator of where she is. She can be anywhere and there's nothing you can do about it. A pallet fake may extend a chase by a few seconds at most, but even then if they're giving you trouble at that one area you can break the pallet and catch them somewhere else. Spirit is just a loss no matter what. Damned if you do damned if you don't.

• FellowKillerMain

If you start walking away while shes standing still, she will watch where you head for a few moments, but she won't have a choice but to phase after you. Meaning that a few seconds of walking away means she's phasing, so randomize your behavior considering that she can't see you. Also, you don't need to know where she is, only for her to be confused about where you are for a few seconds. You could walk away for a bit, then after a few seconds run back to the pallet, then vault it, or just start walking away from it again. Perks like quick and quiet would easily confuse her. You can also use spine chill.

• Wylesong
    Wylesong Member Posts: 642

I seen this response and agree. I do not think "STEALTH" is the answer and if it was then you would get more points for never being seen. In fact you NEED to be chased and to WIN THE CHASE for points. I agree if this person thinks the best and only way to not get caught is to hide then how do you expect to ever do gens and not get found? Also getting found should not automatically be a lose and you should be able to escape a chase with a good loop or pallet. I have been playing sooooo many games recently that half the team tries this "STEALTH" approach and even when I get killed I still have more points then they do alive. It just makes the game that much harder because it becomes 1v3 because the other one is off hiding.

I agree if the only counter to any killer is to just not be seen then there is a problem because as a survivor you should have just as much chance to escape a chase as the killer has to end the chase. I will say against Spirit though I try to run and leave scratch marks in a messy unpredictable manner and then walk or crawl away. It works once in a while sometimes. lol

• BubbaMain64

But that's ignoring injured noises, footsteps and environmental ques for when a survivor is moving. Usually it's not hard to go back to the other side of the pallet while phasing either. Spirit is really just a game of simon says. You listen for sounds and then you slap down the survivor. The lack of information is why she has no counter-play. There's an equal amount of chance that she's just standing there waiting for you as there is her phasing towards you. While perks may help they aren't a fix nor will they be consistent. By that point you should just run full meta so that you have the best chance of escaping regardless of the killer.

• Kellie

Okay? That still doesn't beat the fact that spirit is all about luck. Most people hate playing against her because of the lack of information. If you don't have any information you're always gonna go down.

• ThisGuuy83

You forgot collision, which was a huge buff for survivors, and a huge nerf to spirit. Not saying it wasn't somewhat justified, but they didn't need to nerf her as hard as they did. Your gonna believe what you want, but me, and others are telling you, you CAN counter spirit if you know what your doing. I'll just leave it at that.