Thats it....I quit until they fix this bs

Options
13»

Comments

• TheChosen0N3
    TheChosen0N3 Member Posts: 98
    Options

Can you survivors please stop with this m2 and m1 bs like srsly their ability is an option. Also Noed only works endgame so there...

• TheChosen0N3
    Options

I like how everyone is talking about the ######### I had and not the fact that they had adrenaline, ds, soul guard, bt and prove thyself

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522
    Options

Because they're supposed to win. You're not. That's the rulebook.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

It's not just deflection. You just are simply missing the simple message I'm putting across:

The rank system

in DbD

is not representative of skill.

There is no functioning matchmaking system.

Please. Tell me how that is "deflection." I'm putting out plenty to back up what I say, and not getting a lot back.

• Huff
    Options

That's why you don't worry about whether you pipped or depipped. Because the rank system doesn't mean anything.

It's not that hard of a concept to grasp and yet people still come at me like this one guy claiming I'm "deflecting" by trying to say that the ranks mean nothing and that people who come on and complain about rank and use it as a reason for their loss.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Right, but if that second grader was able to do half of it correct, would they REALLY be at the level of an average second grade? Ofc not.

• Bovinity
    Options

You're saying it's not deflection while you're deflecting. C'mon.

Top rank players should not be able to choose to face newbie players. That's it. If you can't agree with that, then fine, but don't dance around it.

• Huff
    Options

God you're dense.

Fine, I won't try to get you to understand that rank isn't indicative of skill and therefore top rank is meaningless. Stay in your own little bubble instead of actually addressing any points I made. Have fun contributing 0 to a discussion and misusing words.

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742
    edited July 2020
    Options

Has 2 kills and cries about quitting the game, SMH. This incompetent and braindead community gets worse and worse. I really refuse to visit this trash forum again.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    Options

Good one thinking I'm a survivor main.

And killers are designed to use their power, specially to end chases faster, if you don't, you will just obviously make the chase longer.

• Bovinity
    Options

Just agree or disagree with the statement, it really is that simple.

• Halun
    Halun Member Posts: 177
    edited July 2020
    Options

"But that isn't how it works in DbD."

And maybe that's the problem. Clearly people aren't happy with random skill-gapped matches. Even if what you're saying about ranks being meaningless is true (which I don't know if I agree with), that doesn't justify the matchmaking being unpredictable and broken.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,197
    Options

ranks don't matter that right survivor braindead easy but they are survivor more skilled then some killers some are just starting out don't need to face someone lower skill less play time.

and one more thing that screenshot with 3 low rank 1 rank 1 i bet rank 1 was group with one of the lower ranks.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options

I'm honestly shocked people are looking at this ranking system looking at whats occurred and going "heh heh screw you noob noed abuser" or "well you got two kills so stop complaining". Do you have any empathy. The dudes facing players who have a much greater understanding of the game no matter what the result is the experience isn't going to be fun being looped and crushed by players with vaster amounts of experience. Sometime I wonder if you people realize that some people play games for fun not to win. For shame. I remember when i started I had my fair share of games where I 4ked but the other players deliberately dragged on the game because they only wanted to just dick around. It wasn't satisfying it was just frustrating not having the knowledge skill or practice to combat these survivors. I'm not saying that survivors shouldn't play flashlight comps or head on stun stacking that's fair if your all on the same playing field in terms of rank. But when you learning the game and gathering experience a lot of people learn nothing from frustrating experiences against opponents who are vastly out of there depth.

My advice is to try your best to keep a cool head and put your best foot forward. Never let someone tear you down and take the time to appreciate any success you have during the match. Whether it be a good lunge around a corner a clutch well timed saw at a window. If dbd is stressful take sometime to let yourself relax (personally i prefer a nice hot cup of tea). Never let a game define your self worth. Focus on having fun and if your getting frustrated still meme around with the survivors. If someone starts saying nasty things pay em no heed don't even respond to what they say giving them no reaction this will often make them realize there just acting like a child.

I hope this helps in making DBD more fun to play.

• Dinja
    Dinja Member Posts: 6
    Options

Cleanse totems before the gens are done and it's a moot point. Stop complaining about something you can control but are too lazy to do so.

• Huff
    Options

Now that is a reasonable thing to say. I agree with you there that there should be good matchmaking, but I simply think that DbD just doesn't work like that right now. That's why I think it's pointless to complain about matchmaking like we see people doing every day.

They've talked about their upcoming matchmaking update for a while now and yet people still make the same "omg I'm green/purple rank and I got matched with red rank and I lost, stupid matchmaking!" posts. I'm fine with people wanting good matchmaking but when it comes down to games that people could have totally won and are just blaming things, it doesn't really show anything but how somebody isn't able to handle the competition.

Justified or not, the matchmaking is the way it is now and it isn't skill-based, so anybody who complains that they're losing simply because of rank just comes across as silly. Wanting a better system, sure that's fine. Go to BHVR for that, but constantly making posts like I mentioned before when matchmaking is meaningless right now is... Well, meaningless.

• Halun
    edited July 2020
    Options

People are complaining daily because it's a huge issue. Matchmaking is bad, and it's facilitating awful matches. I just bought the game and even to a new player, it's shocking how bad this is. I'm more surprised that people aren't speaking out more. But I figure that's because the devs have stated they're working on it... It's just really bad.

Most people are fine with losing matches. I'm fine with losing. I mean you can't win every game all the time. The issue here is the lack of fairness. Of course people are gonna be upset when games don't feel fair. That probably explains why this community is the way it is...

Regardless, if what you're saying about the ranking system is true? It's just as laughably broken and needs to be reworked too. Because defending a ranking system that isn't really a rankings system, and getting upset at people who mistake it for a rankings system is kinda stupid. If it's truly meaningless, they need to just get rid of it and stop pretending they have ranked play. Or replace it with a real ranking system. Because it's just creating issues.

Post edited by Halun on
  • SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694
    Options

Last night I had three killer matches where I went up against two rank 1, a rank 2-4, and a fourth purple rank. I'm a rank 10 killer and needless to say those matches did not go well for me.

• Huff
    Options

No offense, but I believe it's probably shocking to you because you're a new player.

Game was just as bad, if not worse, when I first started playing. Guess what? I adapted. Now I'm used to the game.

Yeah, the system does need to be reworked. You can say it's "kinda stupid" to defend a "ranking system that isn't really a rankings system" because you're allowed to have your opinion. I don't see a lot of people "defending" the system either. I just see that the system isn't representative of skill, so that people complaining about it being the cause of their losses is more of a "kinda stupid" thing than anything if you ask me. The devs talk about their plans a lot and if people refuse to keep up with the news of the game, and continue to whine about something that's currently being worked on, then that's just somebody being ignorant and not understanding what things are happening surrounding the game.

You said it yourself that you just bought the game, so I wouldn't expect you to know all this. However, that doesn't make it any less true that the devs have already talked about this several different times. Complaining about it is about as pointless as complaining about "omg Bubba needs a buff" when they've released leaks of the changes to Bubba. It's pointless, it's something that's already been addressed, and nobody wants to see the same repetitive thing spammed over and over, especially coming from people who don't know how the system works in the first place.

Like I said, you can have your opinions, but you better know how the systems you're talking about work before you actually start complaining about them. I see people say things like "I'm just upset that I depipped" or something like that, when people aren't even realizing that pips don't matter. It just shows that people that complain about this kind of thing aren't actually privy to what's going on in the game -- that's why it's silly.

That's why I comment on posts like these telling them to stop complaining about the ranking system. It's not a comparable system to other ELO systems you might get in League of Legends or Overwatch, or whatever other competitive game. Trying to act like it is such does nothing but undermine your own opinion.

• IcallBS
    IcallBS Member Posts: 45
    Options

Matchmaking has always been a bit off. I remember when it was 7 levels above the lowest rank. Mine has actually been pretty even unless someone is surviving with someone with a big rank diference on their team. This being both ways.

I actually think you faired kinda well against red ranks. Shows you definitely know what you are doing.

When ranking system was really bad about 2 months ago, I was solo surviving with red ranks that really didn't play like red ranks. They were so boosted. The killer was a rank 12... He killed everyone but me. I got hatch by luck tbh... Since the devs keep spawning it near the exit gates...smh

So sometimes their rank may be red, but that don't mean they play red...know what I'm saying?

• DaFireSquirtle
    DaFireSquirtle Member Posts: 188
    Options

Because that would mean *gasp* more work for the survivors. But for real though they need to wake up and do something soon to fix the balance.

• Halun
    edited July 2020
    Options

EDIT: and now the comment is back.

Oh well...

Post edited by Halun on
  • Halun
    Options

Well, I wrote out a long, thoughtful post in response to this, but something happened and it's gone. So I'm gonna try to make this quicker...

"Game was just as bad, if not worse, when I first started playing. Guess what? I adapted. Now I'm used to the game."

You adapted to crap. Congrats. You can be fine putting up with that, but I'm not. And it's still broken.

"Like I said, you can have your opinions, but you better know how the systems you're talking about work before you actually start complaining about them."

I don't have to know how to bake a cake to know if it tastes like #########. And I don't have to know how these systems work to know if something feels broken.

"That's why I comment on posts like these telling them to stop complaining about the ranking system. It's not a comparable system to other ELO systems you might get in League of Legends or Overwatch, or whatever other competitive game."

People who play Overwatch make the same arguments about medals in that game. And guess what? They're wrong. If you take a GM player and a Bronze player and put them on the same team, and make them compete for medals (regardless of role), the bronze is gonna lose every time. I don't know every metric they use in this game's ranking system, but if it's as meaningless as you claim (which honestly I don't believe, because it's just too stupid)? Then they need to just remove and rework the system entirely. If what you're saying is true, it's doing more harm than good.

• Bovinity
    Options

The ranking system in DbD isn't great, but it's also not "totally meaningless" the way some people say.

I can almost always tell the approximate rank of a survivor just based off how they move. It's a clear difference. Progressing through red ranks - while definitely not a big challenge - does require some semblance of consistent performance.

• Halun
    Options

It doesn't feel meaningless to me. That's why I'm still even arguing about it tbh.

My games feel much more fair when people are all roughly around my rank. I don't always win, but I always feel like it was a good game. And when I get stomped, it's always when I'm up against people 10+ ranks lower than me. And those are never good games. And they make up the majority of the matches I play. 9 out of 10 easy.

Some people would claim that's a coincidence, but idk...

• Huff
    edited July 2020
    Options

Yes, I adapted to crap. The point of me saying that is to show that I did it when things were worse off, so it's not impossible during this age of the game. Yeah, it's still broken, and I even said it needs to change (which it is, so it's pointless even bringing that up.) That doesn't change the fact that people are still whining over perfectly winnable games.

That cake analogy is horrible. Knowing a rank system isn't the same as knowing a cake "tastes like #########."

"If you take a GM player and a Bronze player..."

No. You can stop there already. A GM vs. a bronze is nowhere near the same thing as people whining about rank in this game. Because like I said, the rank systems are not similar. You literally cannot argue on that basis, so don't even try making that comparison.

I also just noticed after posting this that you said you don't believe me when I say the rank system is meaningless, because it's "too stupid." All I have to say to that is: if you think it is, go watch the devs say it themselves and tell them how stupid it is. Otherwise, don't come to me continuously insisting that the rank system is one that's comparable to other ones like in Overwatch, because as I said, it literally isn't. You admit yourself you don't know how the system works, and that's exactly why I said you better know how the system works before you start complaining about it: you are ignorant to the fact that it is not a legitimate ranking system meant to judge people based on skill. You keep bringing up things with that idea in mind, and it's clear that the reason is because you honestly just don't know how it works.

I mean no disrespect when I say that you don't know how it works. I'm just simply saying that if you don't know how the system functions, then you probably aren't going to get a good idea of how effective it actually is.

• Halun
    edited July 2020
    Options

"The point of me saying that is to show that I did it when things were worse off, so it's not impossible during this age of the game."

Who ever claimed it was "impossible"? It's just unpleasant and (imo) a waste of my time. I'd rather go play other games if this is going to be my experience here. At least putting time into those other games facilitates rewarding progression and not... whatever this is.

"That doesn't change the fact that people are still whining over perfectly winnable games."

You can claim that, but you can't know that. Because if the ranking system is as ######### up as you claim? Then it's a crap-shoot. You can never know what games are winnable or not. It's literally impossible because there's no metric to determine skill. Maybe some are. Maybe they aren't. Point is, you don't know either. You can't use the ranking system as a justification for your argument claiming games are winnable, but then claim ranking is irrelevant when it's useful for you... That's really how it seems from my perspective.

"That cake analogy is horrible. Knowing a rank system isn't the same as knowing a cake "tastes like [BAD WORD].""

I mean that's an opinion. I disagree. I don't need to know how something functions or how it was created to realize that something is wrong simply by experiencing it. To return to the cake analogy, I might not be able to pinpoint the exact issue, maybe the butter went bad, or the milk soured, who knows? But it's easy to tell if it's bad lol.

"Because like I said, the rank systems are not similar. You literally cannot argue on that basis, so don't even try making that comparison."

They don't have to be. This is the thing you don't seem to consider at all. It doesn't matter if the ranking systems are completely unrelated, there will always be a skill gap. It doesn't matter what game it is. There will ALWAYS be high skill players and low skill players. And I highly doubt that a low skill player is going to perform better at the game than someone with markedly higher skill, knowledge, experience, etc. So of course a higher skill player will be more proficient at completing arbitrary tasks within the game to get medals and stuff. Hence why the GM player will always have a gold over the bronze player. Even if the systems are different, the same is true for this game, and every other competitive game as well.

"if you think it is, go watch the devs say it themselves and tell them how stupid it is."

Gladly. Point me to the video. If they actually say that, I'll be more than happy to tell shout into the void at the devs, telling them how ridiculous that is. But since they aren't fixing the rank system, and they're fixing the matchmaking system? I kinda wonder if they weren't just trying to save their own asses and placate the playerbase without realizing what they were saying... But I'm going out on a limb here. Haven't seen it. Just a feeling I've got all things considered. Could be 100% wrong.

"I mean no disrespect when I say that you don't know how it works. I'm just simply saying that if you don't know how the system functions, then you probably aren't going to get a good idea of how effective it actually is."

Well, if it isn't ranking player skill, then it's not effective at all, is it lol?

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Okay? Idk what that proves. I literally said you CAN do well with bubba, but shouldnt expect it. That's a well known streamer who plays daily. He could do well with nurse no addons. Were talking about the average player.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303
    Options

And the average player could do what tru3 does with LF. It's the BUILD, and knowing how to properly use it. I can do it, and I'm not even red rank...

• Huff
    Options

People act like it's impossible. They say they can't win against swf blah blah blah, typical excuses. If you'd rather play other games, go play other games. Nobody is stopping you.

I can claim that, and I can know that. Because there's always some mistake somebody made that could have not been made. That whole "You can't use the ranking system as a justification for your argument claiming games are winnable, but then claim ranking is irrelevant when it's useful for you..." BS is also senseless. Nothing but a nitpick. Don't reduce it down to a game of definitions please, you know what I mean by "winning." I still think the system is stupid but most people I see consider "winning" to be getting at least a couple kills.

You can disagree it's a horrible analogy but that doesn't make it any more clear to others. You knowing how to bake a cake isn't going to influence how the cake tastes to you obviously, but knowing how a system works is completely different, and you can tell a lot by knowing what a system does and how it operates. Once again, terrible analogy.

Yes, the ranking systems do have to be similar. Otherwise you're comparing apples to oranges. They are fundamentally different things. You can't compare them.

"Gladly." https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/99199/does-the-rank-system-really-determine-your-skill-or-is-there-more-to-it

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/133209/ranks-mean-nothing

Read 'em and weep. Multiple examples of the rank system being described as not being a good measurement of skill.

No. It's not effective. That's my whole point. IDK how else I can put it to you.

• Halun
    Options

Did you read the threads you posted to me?

"I would say it's the other way around. Your skill determines your rank (to an extent). Good players will rank up, not so great players stay a lower rank. There's exceptions to this (emblem system edge cases, SWF, etc.), but it does stay generally true.

I know it's popular to say "rank means nothing", but there are people who get to a point where they no longer rank up. At the time I'm posting this, there's a thread on the front page of General Discussions of a guy who's having a hard time getting past rank 16. Likewise, there's also people who will tell you that red ranks are sweaty.

Rank isn't everything though. It isn't a perfect 1:1 reflection of your skill, but it's a nice estimate."

Kinda goes against that whole "rank is meaningless" thing you were saying rofl.

As for the rest, I think I'm just gonna pass on responding tbh. You literally state I'm nitpicking about what a "win" is, but then nitpick my analogy to death rofl. It's just silly. I'd rather just agree to disagree on that.

• Huff
    Options

Yes I did. They all say that rank isn't a good indicator of skill.

I've given you reasoning, I've given you posts to read, so if you can't understand by this point there's no hope for you, so I'm done here.

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838
    Options

I agree, broken ranking system, but it's still fun to not have to completely prioritize gens if I want to get out

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,024
    Options

Been collecting some of the most busted examples of matchmaking I've seen.

• Halun
    Options

Lol the quote you sourced me literally stated "[Rank] isn't a perfect 1:1 reflection of your skill, but it's a nice estimate." I posted the entire quote in my response. So how exactly does that say it "isn't a good indicator of skill"? I think you're seeing what you want to see. Idk.

If you want to believe rank is completely irrelevant, be my guest. But I just don't see any proof that supports that claim. And the information you provided doesn't really support that.

But I think I'm fine leaving the conversation here as well. I don't think anything I could say would convince you, and I doubt you're gonna convince me of anything without some proof that actually supports your assertion. So agree to disagree I guess. idk.

• TheChosen0N3
    Options

Because those 2 kills were pure luck and this is just one example

• TheChosen0N3
    Options

Finally somebody with a brain.. thank you for the tips I will try them and stop looking at it this way