Why Do the Players Hate NOED So Much?

2»

Comments

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

They hate it because they are under the illusion that once the final gen is done they should all be able to escape and the killer has already lost.

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870

The thrill of the chase never gets boring against a fun killer if its spirit yeah definitely

• hanibel
    hanibel Member Posts: 164

Cause survivors only want to genrush and dont want to do bones and when they get hit with noed they cry and complain its to op and meanwhile devs are gutting killers to please survivors to make them "fair" and "fun" for survivors to bully and teabag

• Arctic_Krampus
    Arctic_Krampus Member Posts: 61

The issue I have with NOED, and I can't speak for others, is that it will guarantee 1 kill in combination with face camping. I've had several games where we had to leave someone behind (or I was left behind) because we couldn't get the totem and the killer was face camping. I've had a few games where the killer got everyone because they had NOED and Blood Warden after getting steamrolled the whole game. It feels like it rewards bad killers when they didn't deserve the kills.

I think NOED should be changed where it notifies the survivors after the last gen is popped that everyone is exposed. If all 4 survivors are still alive and the killer has only gotten like 3 hooks, it won't help much since survivors will probably fan out and find the totem. If the killer has been keeping up the whole game, NOED will help get the last few downs or at least add to late game pressure.

• MrLimonka
    MrLimonka Member Posts: 545
    edited July 2020

I fully understand running NOED on weak killers like clown, trapper or wraith. It is a sort of compensation for their weak power and in many cases these killers will reach the endgame collapse. There is nothing more annoying for me though when a killer with a good power (for example spirit) does really bad during the match, gets like 1-2 hooks throughout the game and then suddenly gets a 3k just because of a perk. It's the equivalent of a full team of DS/Unbreakable imo. And to anyone who says "just do totems and don't genrush" - there is no way of knowing if the killer runs NOED in the first place, if you're playing solo you have to waste a perk slot for Detective's Hunch (if you even have it) plus on some maps it's straight up impossible to find all totems (Hawkins, Lery's?)

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 873

When you’ve escaped every chase for 5 gens and personally cleansed 3-4 totems solo but die on your first hook during endgame.