Pig ‘Ambush Ability’

DarkWo1f997
DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
edited September 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
Hillbilly’s chainsaw charge is an instant down and works nearly exactly the same as Pig’s Ambush. The problem is, Pig actually has to hold still and be crouched to initiate an ambush. And executing a successful ambush doesn’t feel rewarding or fun when it does exactly the same damage as the primary attack when it has extra lunge and is harder to use. 

In short, by making ambush a one hit down, she will feel much more enjoyable to play, and be more exciting to play against. 

EDIT: After discussing this with some of you, I disagree with my original statement, now wishing for improvements to her in general. 
Post edited by DarkWo1f997 on

Comments

• profaned
    profaned Member Posts: 55
    Well (being a pig main) ambushing someone isn't exactly like hillbilly it's more like cannibal but unlike the chainsaw wielders pigs crouch and ambush is a stealth tactic and allows a good hit to start a chase with if you hit it
    If it was insta down that really wouldn't be fair
    Billy and bubba have insta down chainsaws because
    A. A chainsaw is a pretty brutal weapon compared to a hidden blade
    B. The chainsaws reward insta downs for using it skillfully 

Keep in mind dead by daylight isnt a realistic game
    Little blades dont insta down
  • DarkWo1f997
    Yeah I’m a pig main too. I guess it just doesn’t feel as good as it could because of self aid. My blood bar post hopefully makes its way to the devs, it would balance the game quite well. 
  • Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061

I think they need to improve the other aspects of it.
    Faster Charge-up speed, faster sprint speed, make the roar/insidious screech happen on hit instead of at start of sprint, make Pig more stealthy while crouched (immunity to aura reveal/detection abilities like T1Shape), ect.

Just sticking an instadown onto everything doesnt make it good, otherwise Cannibal would be top-tier.

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    Hillbilly’s chainsaw charge is an instant down and works nearly exactly the same as Pig’s Ambush. The problem is, Pig actually has to hold still and be crouched to initiate an ambush. And executing a successful ambush doesn’t feel rewarding or fun when it does exactly the same damage as the primary attack when it has extra lunge and is harder to use. 

In short, by making ambush a one hit down, she will feel much more enjoyable to play, and be more exciting to play against. 
    I dont think this will hapend.Pig is good at is it on this moment.Im pig main too right now i got rank7 with her.She is good as stealth killer but this roar when i charg is not the great if this will be litle later that will be nice.Right now i try pick ppl from gen just start stand 3/4 meters from surv on gen before terror radius show you can got grab if not still will be a hit if surv dont have sprint.Shame half addons for pigv is for jigsaw boxes what dont give a big advantage on survs.
  • Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited August 2018

@DarkWo1f997 said:

Cause that doesn't sound stupidly strong. She still also has the head traps remember. Which is probably why it isn't 1 shot.

Unless it becomes harder to control like a Billy Chainsaw then no.

In no world should it be 1 shot with that amount of speed, surprise and control.

• DarkWo1f997

@DarkWo1f997 said:

Cause that doesn't sound stupidly strong. She still also has the head traps remember. Which is probably why it isn't 1 shot.

Unless it becomes harder to control like a Billy Chainsaw then no.

In no world should it be 1 shot with that amount of speed, surprise and control.

Well maybe not a one shot, but some sort of status effect or something to counter the fact that most of the time in certain maps all you do is lose your target after a lunge. I think there’s just so much the killer has to deal with right now and it’s hard to improve characters individually to combat players that aren’t playing the game as it was designed. 

This is difficult. 
  • DarkWo1f997
    Gibberish said:

I think they need to improve the other aspects of it.
    Faster Charge-up speed, faster sprint speed, make the roar/insidious screech happen on hit instead of at start of sprint, make Pig more stealthy while crouched (immunity to aura reveal/detection abilities like T1Shape), ect.

Just sticking an instadown onto everything doesnt make it good, otherwise Cannibal would be top-tier.

Yeah I think that’s a better idea. One hit down’s definitely wouldn’t be balanced. Good point I agree. 
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Pig is one of my mains and I disagree with this. I land about 90% of my Ambush attacks. It should not be a 1-shot down due to how easy they are to land (if done right)

The only kind of buff Ambush really needs is maybe built-in Combat Straps and the roar coming after you start lunging.
  • Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

@profaned said:

Tell that to Michael Myers, bro.

• profaned
    profaned Member Posts: 55
    Judgement said:

@profaned said:

Tell that to Michael Myers, bro.

That be a big little knife

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187

It’s solid advice, take it OP
  • DarkWo1f997
    edited September 2018

It’s solid advice, take it OP
    If you would have read the whole post, you’d know I ended up changing my mind through civilized discussion and agreed with another user on the changes that actually need to be made. I get 4k’s with pig and I don’t use perks. It’s just a little bit irritating sometimes when you start the chase and it feels really slow because of the sudden halt in momentum haha. 

This isnt really a problem with the game though, it’s just something I have to get used to because we Xbox folks don’t have that scrumptious FOV slider I do so yearn for. 
  • Chroma
    Chroma Member Posts: 37
    edited September 2018

the difference between the pig and hill billy is billy only has his chainsaw the pig has traps if the ambush was insta-down it would be op. i think the ambush is just in general not a well made ability its useless. the only time i use it is to sit on the hatch or sneak up on a gen which i un-crouch instead of ambushing because its fast to just hit them with a quick swipe than waiting for the ambush. A really big problem with the ambush is you walk slower while crouching which is absurd there is almost no point in crouching at all as the pig.

• DarkWo1f997
    Chroma said:

the difference between the pig and hill billy is billy only has his chainsaw the pig has traps if the ambush was insta-down it would be op. i think the ambush is just in general not a well made ability its useless. the only time i use it is to sit on the hatch or sneak up on a gen which i un-crouch instead of ambushing because its fast to just hit them with a quick swipe than waiting for the ambush. A really big problem with the ambush is you walk slower while crouching which is absurd there is almost no point in crouching at all as the pig.

Crouch speed should actually be the same speed in my opinion. I totally agree. And on top of that in grassy maps you’re virtually blind because of a combination of grass in your eyeballs that doesn’t become tansparent when near, and the fog. It’s just aggravating. 
  • DarkWo1f997
    Pig is one of my mains and I disagree with this. I land about 90% of my Ambush attacks. It should not be a 1-shot down due to how easy they are to land (if done right)

The only kind of buff Ambush really needs is maybe built-in Combat Straps and the roar coming after you start lunging.
    YES! We NEED permanent combat straps! Yes yes yes!