Totem Perks with Stacks

Hello fellow creator of the fog,

may you hear my word about totem perks like Hex: Devour Hope or Hex: Huntress Lullaby.

These perks works with stacks and that is quite fine for me. Since it would be pretty dang OP when devour hope would activate instantly.
BUT what i dont like about these perks: The Totems are activated BEFORE the perks do something. Like "Hex: Devour Hope" only activates after you get 2 Tokens on level 3. I would like to consider the idea about making the totems only active when you get a boni of them.
It sucks when you have to get stacks for Devour Hope but even BEFORE you get 1 stack the perk is gone.

Greetings
Wolff

Comments

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

If you want to make their lives miserable, run Hex: Thrill of the Hunt - you get notified whenever someone is working on a totem, and for each totem, it increases the cleansing time. Pair that with Hex: Haunted Ground, you can really make survivors suffer for cleansing that one totem they think is Devour Hope or Huntress Lullaby, but oops, we're all exposed now.

Even now, playing the Spirit, you can fake the Survivors out by having a random Hex perk, but when they see a lit totem, they just assume it's Haunted Ground, so they leave it alone. One Spirit really got us by running Devour Hope and not had Haunted Ground at all. Did not want to sabotage the team by cleansing a totem, but we noticed too late when we were all Exposed anyway from Devour Hope.

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677
    edited August 2018

If you want to go full try hard mode, run those 4 perks as a Trapper and place traps at all the totems. They have to spend time disarming the trap AND cleanse the totem with the time greatly increased. Meanwhile, you can see which trap was disarmed because you can't see its aura anymore. You can even go mega try hard by equipping add-ons that take much longer to disarm and sabotage, and possibly even the add-on that injures the player when they disarm or sabotage.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Wolff_Bringer said:
    Hello fellow creator of the fog,

may you hear my word about totem perks like Hex: Devour Hope or Hex: Huntress Lullaby.

These perks works with stacks and that is quite fine for me. Since it would be pretty dang OP when devour hope would activate instantly.
    BUT what i dont like about these perks: The Totems are activated BEFORE the perks do something. Like "Hex: Devour Hope" only activates after you get 2 Tokens on level 3. I would like to consider the idea about making the totems only active when you get a boni of them.
    It sucks when you have to get stacks for Devour Hope but even BEFORE you get 1 stack the perk is gone.

Greetings
    Wolff

The real problem is that all information is handed to survivors by notifications. If they actually needed to pay attention, lullaby would be viable I believe

• Wolff_Bringer
    Wolff_Bringer Member Posts: 90

@CoolAKn said:
    If you want to go full try hard mode, run those 4 perks as a Trapper and place traps at all the totems. They have to spend time disarming the trap AND cleanse the totem with the time greatly increased. Meanwhile, you can see which trap was disarmed because you can't see its aura anymore. You can even go mega try hard by equipping add-ons that take much longer to disarm and sabotage, and possibly even the add-on that injures the player when they disarm or sabotage.

Thats a nice idea. I will try that! Thank you. :D

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@Wolff_Bringer Be mindful if survivors are jerk they will spam the hex totem. You have been warned