Potential future changes to slugging

Master
Master Member Posts: 10,200

I really have problems understand the logic of the last Q&A.

The plan is to make sabotaging more efficient in order to give survivors something else to do. (reduce genrush)
But at the same time you plan to make slugging way more difficult, and I believe that it already is insanely difficult to pull off, especially against SWF.
You plan to increase the recover cap from 85% to 95%, that means that it will be THREE TIMES easier to pick up a survivor.

So, sabotaging is supposed to become a thing, but at the same the only counter a killer has against sabotaging will basically be removed.

I dont like this at all and I can already imagine myself having to drop a survivor because a hook gets saboed in front of me. Now I can only chase the sabotager, but he will loop me ofc and due to the 3 times faster pick up speed, he can even easily pick up his mate while I have to break some pallet.

The result of this, I lose all my momentum and the 2 remaining survivors keep repairing gens. Even though the game will last a bit longer this way because 1 survivor was busy saboing, due to the lose of momentum it will even be harder as if all remaining survivors would be doing gens.

Comments

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    I will sabo all the hooks :chuffed:
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

Devs take the opion of survivor for reality. And they claim that slugging is extremely powerful and hard to counter, but in fact it is basically the opposite. Killer aren't slugging, because it is easy, but because it is a tactical decision that has a certain advantage at that moment and brings a disadvantage along.
    Sometimes you do not have the time to pick someone up and carry him to a hook, because you know you will lose that nearby gen that is already 90% done. The list of situations like that goes on and on. It is
    Slugging is basically more a desperate move and not a move of superiority.