Camaraderie

Alify
Alify Member Posts: 347
edited July 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

I’m one of those people who take weak perks in matches and try to squeeze them out at least something and it helps to better identify perk problems, and, unfortunately, Camaraderie has a lot of them and this perk is clearly one of those that just NEEDS a buff.

It has several problems: conditions and situationality that only spoil this Perk.

I want to offer a fair buff perk to be taken more often in matches, now I don’t see people who take this perk at all.

Camaraderie

Life has taught you the importance of friendship which has given you strength.

After performing a Safe Hook Rescue on another Survivor, earning Protection Hit score event or healing an another Survivor, Camaraderie activates.
While you are on the Hook while Camaraderie is activated, your Hook timer is paused by 22/26/30 seconds. (It pauses immediately as soon as you Hooked).
If you within 16 meters of an another Hooked Survivor while Camaraderie is activated, Survivor's Hook Timer is paused by 25 seconds.
Camaraderie deactivates as soon as you are Unhooked from the Hook.
This is a soultion for all camaraderie's problems I think, this idea is not entirely mine, but I strongly agree with it and it will make the perk many times better, why did not the developers make the perk approximately the same from the beginning? Why load a perk with an average effect in strange conditions, it will be needed only in very rare situations (my personal experience), so I hope that it will be buffed soon and it will become more viable.
Post edited by Alify on

Comments

• Alify

It’s rather a matter of the not strong effect of the perk, which is also weakened by two conditions. The ability to prevent getting to the second phase will make the perk much better and even game-breaking.

I understand that a perk that allows you to simply prevent the survivor from going to the second phase, but he must, will be quite strong and will spoil some killer tactics, so I added a condition for activating the perk so as not to benefit without doing anything.

• Alify

To be honest, I can’t identify for myself the main reason why I wrote this post, I don’t like several things in this perk and there are no priorities, so...

• Deadnaught
    Deadnaught Member Posts: 40

Camaraderie is a wierd beast. It has OP potential, the problem is, it falls into the category of "Impossible to use unless I let my PUG know I'm running it and trust them to listen or I'm using a SWF"

Like the magenta syringe, it requires teammates to listen and use their brains which is a rarity among survivors, so really unless you are playing with a SWF and let your buds know that they can tail the hooking killer to give you a grace period, it's not going to see a lot of work. I DO run it as a my fourth perk on Steve beside Deliverance, Second Wind, and We'll Make It.

• Deadnaught

Thank you for asking you are wonderful!

The build is fairly specific I will admit-for it to be most effective, I need to NOT be the first person hooked, and to also not only grab an early unhook but also the heal after. However if I DO manage this, I can unhook myself IF no teammates come for me when I'm about to hit struggle-and on second hook, my Second Wind heals me so I can immediately scoot off and hide.

It's more of a backup plan build, but more than anything else.

That being said, that's how all my Survivor builds are. I make uber-specific builds for each survivor that sort of focus on one thing as opposed to all-around builds-it makes me great for SWF but when playing pugs I tend to avoid characters with those builds and play the ones with more generalized builds.

• Deadnaught

You're 100% right-as I said in my first post, Camaraderie really only works if I'm playing with friends and yell "AH HE KNOCKED ME DOWN GET OVER HERE" and even then half the time frens are like "Haha nah almost done this gen"

What are friends for right

• Alify

The condition that the teammate must approach you while you are in the second phase is completely nonsense. It turns out that even having a perk you can not get its effect because there nothing depends on you, what did the developers think when they created this perk?