Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I think Dead by Daylight should ''reward'' players for using the in game reporting tool

It's not actually rewarding but let's put it that way. Like, in Overwatch, when a player you reported gets banned, you get a message saying the player was dealt with. This gives more value to the reporting system, giving more information to players and encouraging them to report more often.

Comments

• animalmak
    animalmak Member Posts: 399

I support this idea. I'd like to know at least if the report was viewed.

Adding to that, I'd love there to be notifications if someone thumbs-ups a player! I'm too lazy to send messages on PS4, so I'll thumbs-up killers that give me hatch or were fun to verse and survivors that were good teammates, and it'd be cool if people got notified of that.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

knowing when someone thumbs-ups would be cool but people report for random things like if some mad about a loss so they report the person i don't know it be nice know if it work reporting and all

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

What about false reports if you and your friends decide to say I don't like this killer reported and they get banned you encourage more false reports

• MongolPSR
    MongolPSR Member Posts: 1,032

this wont happen for dbd as all bans that are about anything other than text in chats are reviewed by humans.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

I would like a "Someone you reported got punished" message personally. Sometimes you can tell, if someone gets a permanent ban on Steam it shows up on their profile as a "Game Ban" for example, but outside of straight up cheating or truly vile garbage spewing into chat it's more likely they get a temporary one.

I would also like some sort of feedback to people that make false reports or are clearly misinformed about what's reportable. Surely it shouldn't be too hard to see a pattern of reports for reasons as invalid as "camping", "tbagging" or "said I was bad at the game". Not saying they should be banned or have their reporting privileges taken away, just a message in-game showing them a list of common misconceptions about what's reportable and what isn't.

If people insist on continuing to make false reports even after that then it should in itself be an offense, at least in my opinion.

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545

Yeah, a response at least confirming a response (whatever the outcome) would be welcomed.

To have notifications of anyone who gave a thumbs-up to me would also be nice. This may actually promote a more positive space for the game!

• Netherstorm
    Netherstorm Member Posts: 42

Do they actually look at reports? I've reported a few people but I kind of get the feeling it does nothing.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

I agree with this.

Same with Modern Warfare. Players don't report because they think it just goes down the drain.

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744

I actually like this idea.

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744

They have a full team of acm's that look at every report they do actually ban people they just don't disclose what happens.

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953

MW is a bit different story with millions of players and so so many cheaters.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

But there are multiple, many screen shots on their Reddit stating that they've banned the person reported.

Even with millions of players, they get feedback.

Dead by Daylight has what....25k, 20k daily players.

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953

Oh wow, I guess me and my friends were just unlucky to never get a response on MW. We haven't played in a while even though there was a big ban wave a while back when things spiraled out of control with the chinese cheaters.

DbD could really have that kind of thing. And for toxic, racist and threatening post game chat they devs could do something like Rocket League has. All you need to do is report and automated system filters through trigger words and you get game ban or chat ban, depending on what you said in chat. Trigger words are updated quite often to make up for new abbreviations people come up with.

• It's an easy system to make, but making the community better should not be a big reward, keeping the community clean is in itself its own reward.

But a message saying, "We have taken action on one or more players you have recently reported." would be nice.

Also, I think being offensive in chat should not ban you from game, but ban you from using the chat box. For up to a year.