The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

wow BHVR, that's it?

DwightOP
DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

So from aaaaalll the complains about Billy you came up only with these little tweaks? That's it? You really just scratched the surface of the problems. Sure it's a tiny bit better now but it's not going to motivate me to continue maining Billy. It was just so predictable that you BHVR will either completely ignore the community or do miniscule tweaks to try keeping us quite.

Me and probably the majority of Billy mains will still drop him like this:

Comments

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Well then it would be smarter to mention it in the post instead of making it look like you only made the rev heating change

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,274

It doesnt seem like traversal was really where alot of the heat was being generated. The problem mostly was in how slow it was to get rid of heat, so with them cranking up the cooldown rate and making it cooldown sooner... This might be the sweet spot.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100
    edited July 2020

Peanits, for god sakes.. level with me here: what are the odds that every terrible add-on both billy and LF have will be reworked or made somewhat usable before release? Just say it's not happening if that's the case and put people to rest. It'll piss them off, sure, but at least it's honest. I'd rather know I'm eating ######### rather than have it masquerade as chocolate.

• Sir_Bassington
    Sir_Bassington Member Posts: 229

the changes looks good and in the right direction, it shows you listen to our complaints, only thing left is to actually test it properly, i felt testing properly was almost impossible on the PTB as the latancy was soo bad. high hopes for double engravings still being a thing, and not how they were on the ptb, where they only gave a 10% increase in speed combined, which is worse than what death engravings on its own is right now (15%)

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

No no there is a fuss about him not having good charge time or cooldown add ons anymore.

• Sir_Bassington
    Sir_Bassington Member Posts: 229

his charge addon is bad, making him a 110killer is ridiculous, the complaints were stacking charge addons to give him instasaw, now he doesn't have any at all, just sparkplug and and the worst cooldown addons on live right now is balanced and good enough.

• RedditUser69
    RedditUser69 Member Posts: 193

Can you point me towards the people complaining about losing charge time addons and cooldown addons? So far I've only seen people say it's reasonable to remove/harshly nerf them.

The OTHER addons they have added to replace them are LAUGHABLY horrible and have no place existing. It's like getting a delicious salmon dinner every night for 4 years and then suddenly you're served literal ######### on a plate after your partner mentions wanting to slightly tweak the menu, then they get mad at you for being angry at being served #########.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    edited July 2020

What are you on about you're acting like that's all people were complaining about in fact a lot of people were saying that the add-ons should have been changed and his base kits should have been kept normal.

Once again you completely ignore the fact that survivor mains were also questioning why this was happening.

One of the major problems of this community is when people like you automatically pull up the US vs them mentality and start saying only killer mains to do this or only survivor mains do that it destroys any discussion.

The large majority of complaints was about hillbilly needing an add-on pass to fix a broken things like insta saw but his base kit wasn't a problem.

Post edited by Volfawott on
  • Pizza_Dweet
    Pizza_Dweet Member Posts: 68

What were people bitching about him? Why was he changed? Am I just boomering?

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

No, anyone that complained about Billy was lumped into an “us vs them” category.

Some of his add ons were busted and he needed a basekit change to bring him in line with other killers.

• Thatgurl_again
    Thatgurl_again Member Posts: 287

Hey on the forums everyone complains. Everyone or almost everyone is one sided. Killers complain when survivors survive and survivors complain when the killer kills

• LinkOfSerevillon
    LinkOfSerevillon Member Posts: 140

Thank god. I hope I will see less and less of him. I'm only rank 20 and usually hover around there and Billy being the easiest killer or among the easiest with the most lethality too I played against him a lot. Hopefully this change makes it so theres more skill required to play him or just make him not as prevalent.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,691

His sequence of posts in this topic are just embarrassing.

• KeBBySemPai
    KeBBySemPai Member Posts: 19

Good thing i never really liked playing billy

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

You're giving them too much credit. Changing numbers for a bad design still leaves it as a bad design. Majority of the community dislikes the overheat mechanic. If they were listening, they'd go back to drawing board.

• Throwaway123
    Throwaway123 Member Posts: 183

I knew they wouldn't revert changes, time to see if these tweaks are as impactful as they make it seem to be. Since they had no video attached of the changes, the only way to know this time is to actually see them in action the PTB.

I'll be honest, I'm still doubtful. BHVR has a very bad track record in regards to balance (I see that amazing 0.2 m/s gain while a flashlight is shining on you add-on still exists...)