The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

wow BHVR, that's it?

Comments

• Perfectsavage_13
    Perfectsavage_13 Member Posts: 23

I'm not a fan of the overheat mechanic but I'll have to wait and see how it works out, though the new perks for him and leatherface will be nice. Can't wait to make survivors drop and then completely lose their keys.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

His desk it was fine at worst it needed some tweaks or tuning.

The changes they did change to Bailey from an interesting fun killer into a simple basic mindless M1.

And rightfully so they listen to the feedback and changed it so it wasn't so punishing to actually use your power and you could actually be a lot more creative with it.

If you honestly think lowering a killer skill ceiling is bringing them in line with the other Killers then please never do game balancing.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

This has to be a bad joke. He will now generate about 60% less heat when feathering his chainsaw, that is pretty big. It shows that BHVR does listen to feedback, unlike what some salty killer mains want you to believe.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

Here's a basekit tweak.

Leave it alone and remove double engraving addons and remove insta-saw.

Done.

• ad19970

It's still a nerf, just not as big. The overheat in the ptb certainly was too much since it limited Billys chainsaw usage too much. His chainsaw power is no doubt strong, but having too many restrictions on that power is not good either. I think video footage showed that quite well.

Also, have there really been many complaints about Leatherface? I really don't feel like he'll even end up as a top tier killer or anything. Except maybe for his red addons combo which was confirmed to be a bug.

• Kruegersleatherface
    Kruegersleatherface Member Posts: 14

I'm thinking they'll either become oni or leather face mains. It sucks that dead by daylight is so survivor sided

• LittleSagey
    LittleSagey Member Posts: 78

Just become a god with Nurse and Spirit....billy who???

• PleassBuiltInNoed
    PleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 618

'trying' is not the way to do any kind of job, you either do it properly or dont do it at all. Imagine if you were sick and doctors in the hospital were just trying to cure you lmao

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

I think it's ridiculous they nerfed him and turned his addons into poo poo.

• xP3nnyWize
    xP3nnyWize Member Posts: 282

You don't haft to freak out man just calm down. Seriously seems like you are making a big scene for no reason.

• grassdirtsky
    grassdirtsky Member Posts: 174

That's too hard, they have to make every add-on trash

• Allivath_Chaos
    Allivath_Chaos Member Posts: 41
    edited July 2020

Cool. Don't play they game then. So many people come in here and complain about what they don't like about the game and how it's trash yet.... They keep playing? Nah people just like to complain.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    edited July 2020

For what? They're not doing us a favour, you know?

Besides, as others have already pointed out, these minuscule qol changes are not addressing the problem: the goddamn cooldown. The Hillbilly, or any killer for that matter, shouldn't have one. Period.

• NateyBoi
    NateyBoi Member Posts: 315

Devs barely ever respond to people asking for tweaks. I really think you should still be thankful.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

I dunno what anyone else thinks, but what about adding a way to turn the saw off when you wanna run across the map? That way your not wasting it. You couldn't just fire it back up while running though, you'd have to stop, and start again. It would he something you would really have to commit to.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636

Bro it's not that deep

• ZerLukas
    ZerLukas Member Posts: 294

This changes are better than nothing. But I still think that overheat is unneeded and 90% of addons are still most likely gonna be trash.

• Deadsea
    Deadsea Member Posts: 143

You guys are doing awesome. This is a fairly toxic community and so you won't be able to please anyone. I'm excited for Chapter 17 already. Day 1 buy for me.

As for the topic. Billy is my main and I'll still use him. The tweaks are nice and he still fits my playstyle. I'd like to see Legion get a buff. Drop Frenzy in exchange for throwing knives.

• ad19970

How is this game so survivor sided? The game literally received and update just a few months ago with a bunch of map changes that all benefited killers. Many other killers have also been buffed in the past, like Freddy or Doctor. And Leatherface is also receiving a buff in the same patch that Hillbilly is receiving a nerf. And now we know that they are also heavily toning down the nerf for Hillbilly as well.

• Allivath_Chaos

I never said they were fine. There is a HUGE difference between feedback and complaining. If you give feedback, that's great. If you're just bitching, then go somewhere else. It's tiring seeing this community ######### and ######### and ######### about the game, when the devs are doing what they can to improve it based on feedback from BOTH sides of the game.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636
  • Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

it's ridiculous you think Billy mains should all quit, talking about the community when you are the biggest problem for not being inclusive. You seem to share in the devs mentality.

But if DBD had competition that cared about ALL their players then I would have quit a long time ago.

• Allivath_Chaos

I never said the add-ons were fine. If people want to give feedback, great. But there is a different between feedback and complaining. I don't disagree that things needs fixed. I disagree with the flak the devs get when they are doing what they can to improve the game but the community here keeps tearing them down.

• Vampirox
    Vampirox Member Posts: 411

The Nerfs arn't that bad anymore for Billy, casual billy players wont notice. the 5k hour billy's will with there corner curve bullshit hits its what hurting.

they wont be able to do it as often in chases no more

You can still "insert song" Deja Vu, across the map still

• ad19970

No doubt it was bad wording, but I'm pretty sure their thought process with this nerf is that they still want to keep Billy functioning and performing as he does now, but sttill just give him a bit of a limit to his chainsaw usage. There definitely have been people complaining about Billy being too strong and their voices can be heard as well. One of the main complaints I have seen regarding Billy is that he can just use his chainsaw as much as he wants, whenever he wants. This nerf will limit the usage of his chainsaw just a bit while still allwoing him to perform very well when played properly.

I understand why some people think Billy should not be changed, but I personally think it's fine that he is getting this small nerf. I do agree that some of his addons are completely useless, and need some changing for sure.

• SambaSaw
    SambaSaw Member Posts: 137

But why change billy at all. He was on of the stronger killers in the game and survivor mains love going against a good billy. The only ones crying were salty survivors that lost their matches to billys that grinded to get good at the killer. And just like that their time is wasted because this is a big change for the killer.

I don't play billy as often, I never thought he was too OP, I never complained and cried that billy needs a nerf.

They started nerfing all the good killers. First the nurse, then spirit, now billy. We are losing "safe" strong killers.

• Throwaway123
    Throwaway123 Member Posts: 183

Man I love boot lickers that will just suck the scum right off the bottom of the devs shoes like they're being paid to or something. The change to chainsaw is bad and noone asked for it. The tweaks here are helpful, but still trash. And the new add-ons are AWFUL because in addition to nerfing the good ones they kept, they created a bunch of new ones that absolutely suck. I couldn't come up with a worse add-on than Mother's and still make it seem like it's trying to be helpful if I tried.

I guarantee if there was even any competition in this genre that wasn't straight trash then DBD would be hemorrhaging players.

• Nerfkiller
    Nerfkiller Member Posts: 4

But his base kit was balanced thou there kinda half assing the whole thing why don't they care about Billy that's there boy

• ad19970

Some people would argue his base kit isn't completely balanced, which is probably why BHVR is trying to limit his chainsaw usage just a bit without hurting his performance potential in any significant way.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

This post is literally a perfect example of why I haven't been taking this Billy complaints seriously.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    edited July 2020

I agree with you.

I was expecting no/very small changes and while the overheat changes SEEM to be substantial, Billy still doesn't have his add-ons back. Billy always was add on dependent, and it seems like we aren't going to be seeing those add-ons again. What happened to all the feedback on his add-ons just needing to stop stacking, not have a complete overhaul that makes the majority of them situational garbage?

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Not like I need to say it but "you're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't".

I am often critical of decisions that have been made to DBD as a whole but I do my best (I promise I try ^.^) to be either constructive or patient with my responses. But I was glad to see a rather quick and reasonable response to the Hillbilly changes originally made for the PTB. While I will reserve any final opinions for hand on testing I am pleased to see they are not gutting how Hillbilly can use his chainsaw completely.

So to all the people that want to over exaggerate events before they have even had time to test them I say "chill out and see, nothing is going to change by you venting anger on the forums."

And to BHVR, "Thanks for taking the time to listen to the community and attempt a change that not only took community feedback but also (and most importantly) didn't completely negate your idea with the overheat mechanic." Don't let people completely stifle YOUR creativity simply because they spew vocal toxicity.

Cheers!

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
  • ad19970

Yes but they try to listen to both sides and make as many people as possible happy. And there certainly were people that felt like Billy's base kit was just a bit too strong.

• Shenanigan
    Shenanigan Member Posts: 208
    edited July 2020

Now you see as a part-time Survivor and Killer I do think survivors get the most out of certain things and they start thinking that they're high and mighty or at least above killers. There are some matches where I see killers just playing to play and while I'm working on a gen while the killer is chasing a Survivor I always see a Survivor drop a pallet and loop them until they break the pallet or they just blind them with a flashlight as they dropped the pallet sometimes they'll fast vault and t-bag after, and no joke: 2 or 3 gens were done in the time where a match didn't even make it to the first 5 or 10 minutes. Now it's easy to say, "that's the killer's fault then" and that's true because they could spend their time stopping us and interfere with gens progression instead of focusing on that one Survivor, but if a match just started and survivors are already spawned on 3 different gens separately and the killer runs into their first Survivor in the first few minutes and then you see 3 gens pop then for the killer it just seems like a lost cause because well, "I didn't even get my first hook and 3 gens are done now?"

Or when they're at the exit gate they gesture and t-bag.

Now since I play as a part-time killer I empathize with them because I know how they're feeling. Some just want to have fun playing while some Survivors just want to change that mood for them and make the match a living hell especially with t-bagging after a vault or stunning you with a pallet, and blinding you after.

Even though the killer is supposed to have the upper hand with powers and such you feel surprisingly powerless at times even if you are pretty good at the game. Plus for some reason even if killers get that slight advantage with a buff in their powers or a buff in general, I always catch some survivors trying to get them to be nerfed in some way. Like when Pyramid Head was in the PTB Survivors couldn't loop him which caused them to ask for a nerf. I've started to noticed that whenever killers get a "win" from the developers some Survivors get upset and say, "Devs are giving into killer main pressure"

Then if Survivors get a buff in some way some will say "get gud" in response or in their defense or something else. Now some killers would tend to say the same thing too with survivors, but not as often.

(And note that I've been saying the word "some" a lot because I'm not trying to say that ALL killer or survivor mains are like this but some of them are to a certain degree)

• PleassBuiltInNoed
    PleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 618

its perfect comparison, any kind of job has to be done right, if you cant just let someone else do it

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Basekit? Barebone Billy to strong? These are noobs. Addons ok, but basekit Billy was to weak sometimes.

• ad19970

Yes dismissing anyone who argues that basekit Billy is too strong as noobs won't really get many people to take you serious. Maybe at least attempt to understand where other people are coming from. If you don't, that's fine, but you need to accept that they still have their own opinion just like you have your own opinion.

And this game isn't only about you and your opinion on balance.

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826

I really hope so, I'm glad the overheat got heavily neutered but addons definitely need a huge pass.

• xpertbandit
    xpertbandit Member Posts: 12

Please BHVR, make the changes that I ask for or you obviously don't know what you are doing.

I don't get it. This community complains a lot. Why can't you just have fun or play another game thats you have fun playing. This game goes through changes galore and yet still something to complain about. Who hurt you?